Pop Century Room Renovations

I am about to add our request to our reservation. Standard room. I would really like to be top or at least upper floor. I would also like to be somewhere like the 50’s or 70’s that is a little closer to the food court instead of the very outer buildings.
We have only stayed at Pop one night, post cruise and requested 70’s upper floor. We got ground floor, at the room the farthest 80’s building. I hated the ground floor and the hike to the main building.

Any thoughts on what to request? Maybe just upper floor, close to main building? We also have 2 toddlers so a bathtub over a shower is a must. Do I have to add that on now that more rooms have just showers?

If a tub is a must, I would make that the first priority if not the only request.
I agree with this. You can't put too many requests or they won't know what's most important to you. I think you need to decide what's more important: a room with a tub, highest floor, or close to the main building.

I agree with this. You can't put too many requests or they won't know what's most important to you. I think you need to decide what's more important: a room with a tub, highest floor, or close to the main building.

Yeah. You can make more than one, but when you do that you need to make it clear what the priority order is.

As an example, for my upcoming stay I have mine listed as:
1st Priority - Top floor
2nd Priority - Lake View
3rd Priority - Corner Room

That way the assigner knows to look first at top floor rooms, then at lake view rooms on the top floor, and then corner rooms. Also if no top floor rooms are available, s/he would know to go to Lake View. And so forth. If I just said “A top floor, lake view, corner room” the assigner would not know automatically that was my preference of order. But spelling it out, they will.

Does not mean that I will get any or all, but it’s easier on them this way.

Has any solo travelers stayed at a refurbished room yet? Did you lowered the murphy bed or did you rather have the space and the table? Where did you store your luggage?

Has any solo travelers stayed at a refurbished room yet? Did you lowered the murphy bed or did you rather have the space and the table? Where did you store your luggage?

I haven't yet, but in September I have zero plans to lower the murphy bed. Why bother?

I assume I'll put my luggage under the bed or in the closet area. I travel light, so it'll just be a carry-on.

I stayed in a new room and didn’t lower the Murphy bed since I used the table. There is plenty of room to store your luggage around the room.

Use the luggage rack if you’re keeping things in your suitcase. It fits in front of the door to the connecting room. If you unpack everything, your suitcase will fit underneath the bed! If I were traveling alone, I would leave the Murphy bed up.

Not solo (two of us, DH and I), but we only lowered the bed when we checked in to look at the Pluto picture, then we put it back up, and it stayed up for 10 days. We unpacked all our clothes into the drawers, hangers and cubbies in the night stands for our PJs, and pushed the suitcases under the bed.

Last edited:
Yeah. You can make more than one, but when you do that you need to make it clear what the priority order is.

As an example, for my upcoming stay I have mine listed as:
1st Priority - Top floor
2nd Priority - Lake View
3rd Priority - Corner Room

That way the assigner knows to look first at top floor rooms, then at lake view rooms on the top floor, and then corner rooms. Also if no top floor rooms are available, s/he would know to go to Lake View. And so forth. If I just said “A top floor, lake view, corner room” the assigner would not know automatically that was my preference of order. But spelling it out, they will.

Does not mean that I will get any or all, but it’s easier on them this way.
I didn't say you couldn't make more than one. I just meant it's better to try to narrow your requests down instead of listing a ton of them. For example, we are going in October. I would like early check in and a king bed, but I just decided to only put early check in because that's the one request I really want.

Not solo (two of us, DH and I), but we only lowered the bed when we checked in to look at the Pluo picture, then we put it back up, and it stayed up for 10 days. We unpacked all our clothes into the drawers, hangers and cubbies in the night stands for our PJs, and pushed the suitcases under the bed.
This is probably what I’ll do. I want a look at the Pluto picture frame at night all lighted up, but I’ll keep the Murphy bed up.

Thanks for the tips about the cubbies. I’ll probably unpack half my suitcase. It’s my first solo trip and I’m a tiny bit concerned about organization!

I have stayed twice on solo trips and did not put down the Murphy at all. I put two suitcases under the bed, and used one as a supplementary drawer on the luggage stand (placed between the beverage station and the dresser). I find the dresser drawers to be too shallow to put much in the way of clothes in them, other than accessories. I believe they are about four inches deep and my suitcase is double that. I moved the chair that was between the bed and table over in the corner by the window next to the beverage station, and used the chair on the opposite side when sitting at the table.

I did sleep on the Murphy bed on two other trips where I had another person along, and I think the Murphy is very comfortable. Even on the nights where I was solo on those trips (the other guest was not there the entire trip) I still folded the Murphy down to sleep in. It wasn't a big deal to fold and put away the bed, but it's nice to be able to leave things on the table instead.

This is probably what I’ll do. I want a look at the Pluto picture frame at night all lighted up, but I’ll keep the Murphy bed up.

Thanks for the tips about the cubbies. I’ll probably unpack half my suitcase. It’s my first solo trip and I’m a tiny bit concerned about organization!
Our light by our Pluto bed didn’t work. We didn’t call in about it because it wasn’t a big deal but we did want to see it lit up.

Is blg 3 still being worked on ? Status on 1/2? We have standard pool view booked Aug 27th and loove the 50s.

Our light by our Pluto bed didn’t work. We didn’t call in about it because it wasn’t a big deal but we did want to see it lit up.

We had this issue with the Pluto light too. It would briefly work, but there was some short in the switch where it basically was broken and not working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter