• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

We are ariving Sunday ( July 23) and will be bringing an air mattress. I will take photos. Hoping to get refurbished room, I requested 90's so we shall see. :-)
Did you get a refurb room? Did the air mattress fit?

Okay guys, so I know measurements have been given. I wish I would have written them down somewhere. Has anyone been able to use a pack 'n play in one of the new rooms?

I did find the post with the measurements! Just wondering if anyone has used a pack 'n play in the refurbished rooms yet.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Traveling Sept 11-17 with 6 people. Requested for 70's near Classic Hall, but they're going to be under refurbishment aren't they?

Just fyi.. with new rooms comes issues... still being fixed that can be annoying. Our bathroom door hasn't closed and now the 2nd day they still haven't fixed it after promising last night they would do so today. They're the pocket doors and ours will not close. Then last night we were locked out of room for 25 minutes cause keypad didn't work at all. New rooms are the furthest from lobby so we called and after first time being on hold 10 minutes, then being disconnected, we called back and person came to room. Entry also didn't work for him but after little it started to light again. Guessing bad battery. He tried bathroom door and couldn't close either. He promised next day the bathroom door would be fixed and check the keypad. It was annoying waiting outside while being on hold and transferred around on phone, exhausted after long day in park. Then tonight when we returned, I called again since door not fixed and they said didn't know when would be fixed..ugh. I told them I expected it tomorrow.
Same deal with us. The pocket doors in the bathroom were offline and wouldn't shut and were basically falling off. I called down and someone came right up to look at them. She was there for a while and said she needed additional assistance and tools and would be back the next morning when we were gone. No one ever came back. We just dealt with it and by chance ended up moving to AOA a night later. We were in room 8412. Maybe same room?

Sorry - I'm sure it's in here but when are the renovations expected to be complete? And anyone know when the gondola construction is starting/ending?

I'm sure it's in here but when are the renovations expected to be complete? And anyone know when the gondola construction is starting/ending?

Room renovations are planned to be finished by May 2018 but I'd be surprised if they met that deadline unless things suddenly speed up.

Gondola construction has begun in hourglass lake with some materials being added to a parking lot in AoA. Some floating things have also been added to the lake. I don't believe an anticipated end date has been announced. There is a thread dedicated to the 'Disney Skyliner' (Gondola) construction on the Transportation board: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-skyliner-gondola-construction-updates.3619719/

Room renovations are planned to be finished by May 2018 but I'd be surprised if they met that deadline unless things suddenly speed up.

Gondola construction has begun in hourglass lake with some materials being added to a parking lot in AoA. Some floating things have also been added to the lake. I don't believe an anticipated end date has been announced. There is a thread dedicated to the 'Disney Skyliner' (Gondola) construction on the Transportation board: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-skyliner-gondola-construction-updates.3619719/

Thank you so much!

Which building are they working on now? Was told upon booking that there is construction going butbwoukd not interfere with rooms just pathways???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter