POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be at POP tomorrow!!!!!!!

Leaving today for the airport to arrive this evening. How are the crowd levels at the park compared to summer and other times? First time we have gone this time of year..

Have a fantastic trip!!!!! :cool1:

I received info via an email yesterday about the hullabaloo over the KTTW cards and 10/27. It said that some guests will be selected to test how everything works SOLELY using MBs. It came from the Dis. This is one test I do NOT want to be part of!!!

stitchlovestink said:
Where are you getting that info from?
Because the rumors we are hearing from the higher ups is if you are insistent enough, you will be able to get a KTTW card but they are really going to try to get people to use the Magic Bands.

I heard it on here and on Josh's trusty blog - nothing official but it sounds like the poster above me got an email from Disney?

I just wanted to report in that Sunday-Tuesday we were in room 8444 and we had no fridge and the old bedspreads.

(They were, however, able to give us our room at 11am, which was wonderful.)

I heard it on here and on Josh's trusty blog - nothing official but it sounds like the poster above me got an email from Disney?

Not from Disney but the Dis Updates/Dis Information Station. Here is the except from that email:

Disney's MyMagic+ system doing more testing

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Oct 23, 2013 | Updated: Oct 23, 2013 - 12:56:49 PM

As we get closer to the full roll-out of Walt Disney World's new MyMagic+ system, more and more tests are taking place. This week, the bands will be tested during Extra Magic Hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios on October 25, 27 and November 2. Guests with MagicBands will check in with a cast member using a handheld reader outside of the turnstiles. This will verify that they are indeed resort guests and they will then proceed through the turnstiles. When entering each attraction, the MagicBands will need to be touched to a handheld device one more time before the guests can gain entrance. For resort guests who do not have a MagicBand, they will be able to show their Key to the World cards like normal.

The other test going on will be to actually eliminate the Key to the World cards for select guests. These guests will use only the MagicBand for their park tickets, room key, FastPass+ ticket and to charge to their resort account. This test will begin October 27, but it is unclear how the guests will be selected. Currently, guests receiving MagicBands are also given a Key to the World card, which has enabled users to utilize both FastPass+ and the regular FastPass tickets.

AuroraRora said:

Okay.....
Well, I am going to stick with what I have been hearing which is that while in general they are doing away w/ the KTTK cards, if you are insistent that you do NOT want a magic band but want a KTTW card, they will give in and give you one. They are trying not to use KTTW cards but they won't absolutely refuse a guest who Insists on one. ;)
I will be one who will be insisting on a KTTK card. I despise this whole magic band thing. I want my media as a flat object. :) and I do not want to wear it anywhere except inside of a lanyard and that is if I choose to wear it, otherwise I want it to fit in my wallet! :)

Yeah I'd imagine at least at the start, you'd get one if you cause a big enough fuss, Disney likes happy guests lol. And I saw a post on here where someone mentioned a pacemaker they couldn't use with a MB or something? I think there may always be small exceptions to the rule

Checked in today. Git kttw cards without asking. New bedding and fridge in building 5, 4th floor.

My new fridge in my room is TOO good, I had to call the front desk this morning and ask if someone could come by and turn it down (there's no dial inside the fridge). I went to put cream cheese on my bagel this morning and it was frozen lol!

Arriving at POP on 11/11, and very interested in all the buzz on KTTW cards.

Any word on whether guests with FP+ can still get paper FastPasses (apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere). We had read -- a while back -- that the two systems were operating in parallel and savvy guests were working with Magic Bands and paper FP. Is that an urban myth? If not, is it still true?

If so, it seems that would be a great argument for insisting on a KTTW card in addition to MBs. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Are there hair dryers in the rooms at POP?

From what I've read on the 1st page, yes. I wonder how well they work (OP said they don't work well- but I have short hair, so maybe they will be sufficient for me?).

"General Room Description: Rooms contain either a king bed (2 nightstands) or two double beds (1 nightstand); table & two chairs, entertainment dresser/center, refrigerator, flat screen TV, privacy curtain between the sink area/bedroom, one sink (outside the bathroom), luggage rack, iron, ironing board and hair dryer (which reportedly does not work well)."

They do. I have short hair ( close to a pixie cut) and the blower works just fine on low for me.

When I went to use the blow dryer it didn't turn on. I made sure that it was plugged in and hit the little red reset button and then it worked fine.

Yes. They are the little Sunbeam kind that are installed on the wall and have a small night light on them. They work fine for me but I have thin, shoulder length hair. It works good enough that I don't pack my own.

ottawarob said:
Arriving at POP on 11/11, and very interested in all the buzz on KTTW cards.

Any word on whether guests with FP+ can still get paper FastPasses (apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere). We had read -- a while back -- that the two systems were operating in parallel and savvy guests were working with Magic Bands and paper FP. Is that an urban myth? If not, is it still true?

If so, it seems that would be a great argument for insisting on a KTTW card in addition to MBs. Or maybe I'm missing something?

At the moment you can use both KTTW cards and FP+, but there's talk of them starting to phase that out starting as early as this weekend.

Just my opinion, but people are saying its busy and honestly I don't see it at all. I got so much done at MK EMH the other day that by 11am I was just meandering around waiting for my BOG FP+. Today I'm at AK, and its not 11am yet and I've done the safari twice, watched the African Band play, Everest four times, about to go ride Kali. Then I'll use my Safari fastpass then see FOTLK and it should only be noon. For me, that's awesome touring.

What is BOG FP+?/??

blue gatorade said:
Just got the dreaded fridge letter in the mail today. Hopefully one magically appears in 17 days!

I bet you will get one. They seem to not want to give out anymore credits. So the min its a new fridge or credit they quickly deliver a fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter