Pop or Dolphin?

nikki&petey

Mouseketeer
If prices are equal, and you have never been to Disneyworld before, do you book Pop or Dolphin? I am so torn on which hotel to book. It will be me and 2 teenagers.

Dolphin. You can walk to 2 parks, and there are many restaurants within easy walking distance, I find the rooms at both Swan and Dolphin very quiet. Stayed at Pop once. You could hear people walking outside, and lots of noise from adjacent units.

Just depends on if,for your first trip to WDW,you want to be "surrounded" by "over the top Disney" the whole time.

Dolphin is a nicer Resort,but does not have the "Disney feel".

Also POP has the Skyliner which is really cool and a GREAT Resort Soundtrack.

If it "fires you up" to see a 4 Story Julkebox,a Pool shaped like a Bowling Pin,etc. I would go with POP-if it doesn't go with Dolphin.

You can book a room with a balcony at the Dolphin. Some balcony rooms have great views. No option for a balcony at Pop. Also consider indoor vs outdoor hallways.

Dolphin would be lovely to walk not only to the two parks but you have boardwalk to visit. Very cool vibe. I suggest upgrading to parkhoppers if you choose dolphin so you can pop into epcot and dhs whenever you want.

Dolphin has a more grown-up feel. But pop has a lot of teen groups if your kids like to socialize. Both would be within walking distance to the skyliner (dolphin a bit farther of a walk).

I've never stayed at dolphin, but I believe it has double beds instead of queens (like the swan and pop have). For us, that would be a deal breaker.

Of all years, this would be the year to do Dolphin over a Pop level resort.

A. Many people would rather Uber than Magical express anyway.
B. Pop I hear is drawing ridiculous lines for rope drop at their Skyliner.

I switched from YC to Dolphin on upcoming trip and getting the Premium Deluxe room at appr 175 bucks cheaper per night (incl resort fee) than YC “Water view” and that was with the 35% off deal at YC.

Only “inconvenience” is you can’t use your magic band to charge purchases but honestly who cares. Dolphin gives you more convenience, better grounds, better pool, better food, just less theming, but walk to the parks and there’s your theming.

I would pick Pop. I’ve stayed at all resorts on property including dolphin. To me the Disney resorts just do it better I love the atmosphere. But dolphin is super nice too. Sorry I’m not much help. lol!!

I was in a similar situation, I picked Pop.
I love it there, love the disney shop onsite, love that if a free Dining package becomes available I can use it at my resort.
I also really like the service where Disney lets you pick up your shopping at the hotel instead of carrying it all day. I know this is stopped right now, but I'm sure it will be back.
I like to use my Magic Band to pay and would really miss it.
I haven't used the Skyliner yet, so I'm really looking forward to this, too.

That’s like comparing apples to oranges. I’ve stayed at both, but definitely the Dolphin is a much, much nicer resort by far. Interior corridors, option to get a balcony, better options for dining and room service, nicer pool area with slide, etc.... I enjoyed my stays at Pop for what it’s worth, but I’d choose Dolphin.

After staying at Pop Century last October, I would highly recommend the Dolphin. I love Pop and have stayed there a dozen times, but the lines for the buses as well as the Skyliner were ridiculously long. We spent a ton of money using Uber. Dolphin allows you to walk to both Hollywood Studios and EPCOT and you have many dining and entertainment options. Good luck with your decision.

It says this on Disney's site about the Dolphin:
Disney Bus Transportation

Complimentary bus transportation to and from Disney theme parks and water parks is available.

Is that not true right now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter