Popcorn kernel stuck in my throat! UPDATE ~ It's Gone!! p. 8

Hello. I was eating lentil soup today and a hull/husk from one of the lentils was stuck in the back of my throat. So. Annoying! This is how I found this thread! I viewed each post from the past 10+ years and was in awe of the patience that Nikki had, and the support of the folks on this board. I was able to get the hull/husk out, and the same thing happens to me from time to time with popcorn (which I'm not going to eat again for a long time!) I get anxiety over this type of thing, lol! Anyway, this is the most interesting thread and I found the info very helpful! Happy New Year to all!

Definitely an interesting and long thread that has been around a while :)

Welcome to the Disboards!

Happy New Year to all!!

Last edited:
Hello. I was eating lentil soup today and a hull/husk from one of the lentils was stuck in the back of my throat. So. Annoying! This is how I found this thread! I viewed each post from the past 10+ years and was in awe of the patience that Nikki had, and the support of the folks on this board. I was able to get the hull/husk out, and the same thing happens to me from time to time with popcorn (which I'm not going to eat again for a long time!) I get anxiety over this type of thing, lol! Anyway, this is the most interesting thread and I found the info very helpful! Happy New Year to all!
Welcome to the dis, LadyCoyote, and Nikki's world famous (at least in popcorn stuck in throat Google searchespopcorn:: It is number one) popcorn thread. Over 10 years old now and almost 250 posts!! And yes, Nikki does have patience (she's a school teacher) and we are generally a pretty supportive bunch here. :grouphug:

Hang around, LC, enjoy the fun. Happy New Year!! :cool1:

Wait.... a lentil hull?!

0634D1EC-3468-4FBE-A9A6-B16CD3BA96C9.jpeg

Hello everyone. I also came here because of popcorn husk agony.. realized this was a Disney board, so I had to register and comment. Firstly, I massaged my neck as I tried the eating/drinking.. but got mine unstuck with green apple slices and massaging my neck/throat while I swallowed. I hate popcorn. Don’t know why I ate some - will never again!

Secondly, to all you lovely Disney folks - I once met a very lovely man who I fell in love with rather quickly.. then he told me - he loved all things Disney & went to the parks often. I almost ran for the hills. I had never been and thought “Disney World” was a place with a castle and screaming kids. He said, “Don’t let that scare you off, let me take you - my way - and if you don’t love it, I will never ask you to go again.” 13 years later, I have the most wonderful husband and am an Annual Passholder. :)

Lastly, if you’re here for a husk and haven’t been to any of the Disney parks - you should look around here and plan a trip!

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I also came here because of popcorn husk agony.. realized this was a Disney board, so I had to register and comment. Firstly, I massaged my neck as I tried the eating/drinking.. but got mine unstuck with green apple slices and massaging my neck/throat while I swallowed. I hate popcorn. Don’t know why I ate some - will never again!

Secondly, to all you lovely Disney folks - I once met a very lovely man who I fell in love with rather quickly.. then he told me - he loved all things Disney & went to the parks often. I almost ran for the hills. I had never been and thought “Disney World” was a place with a castle and screaming kids. He said, “Don’t let that scare you off, let me take you - my way - and if you don’t love it, I will never ask you to go again.” 13 years later, I have the most wonderful husband and am an Annual Passholder. :)

Lastly, if you’re here for a husk and haven’t been to any of the Disney parks - you should look around here and plan a trip!

Welcome to the DIS! I love it! I wonder how many popcorn kernals have created Disney addicts over the past 10 years?

Welcome to DIS!!

Hi... so this just started for me ~ 30 minutes ago (April 15, 11:45) after binge eating a bowl of popcorn by the company Boom!Chicka!Pop? I don't care about that company anymore because my future with popcorn is now OVER!

Soo... I am eating sourdough bread :love:and drinking pure leaf iced tea, but it's not doing anything yet.

... Hopefully when I wake up it's gone :D:D

Hi... so this just started for me ~ 30 minutes ago (April 15, 11:45) after binge eating a bowl of popcorn by the company Boom!Chicka!Pop? I don't care about that company anymore because my future with popcorn is now OVER!

Soo... I am eating sourdough bread :love:and drinking pure leaf iced tea, but it's not doing anything yet.

... Hopefully when I wake up it's gone :D:D

Good luck!!! Seems like something minor but not a pleasant experience :(

Spent New Years Day at that 24 hour Care close to Disneyworld cause popcorn kernels stuck in tooth and I kept trying to dig it out and destroyed my crown and $1700 later I will never eat popcorn again ....
I also want to say the movie theatre is prob the most dangerous place to eat popcorn... My grandson was eating popcorn and laughing at same time and he couldn’t breathe. I guess it went down his throat the wrong way. Fortunately he jumped up and it dislodged but almost had a heart attack So scary.
Do not eat popcorn.
And this thread reminds me of all the times my mother would make us drink warm liquid jello to soothe our sore throats when we were children. Now I want to drink Jello cause I miss my mom.

Hi All,

I got a piece of popcorn hull stuck between teeth 9 and 10 and between those 2 teeth there are no space between them. After 3 weeks of trying to remove the popcorn hull via flossing, brushing my teeth and with my tongue the hull gradually went clear in color. The heat from my mouth combined with the heat from hot foods I have been eating stretched the portion of the hull that is facing behind my teeth onto the nearby gum. It has a tight suction feeling on my gum. After struggling to remove it for sometime now, I searched on online and found out that the popcorn hull is made up of cellulose and arabinoxylan. So I thought taking an over the counter digestive enzyme supplement that contains cellulase ( an enzyme that breaks down cellulose) would breakdown the hull stuck in teeth and nearby gum. It didn't go as plan, instead it separated a long fiber from the rubbery sucked on texture in mouth. Anyone have any ideas in helping me remove this popcorn hull from my mouth? Thank you

Hi All,

I got a piece of popcorn hull stuck between teeth 9 and 10 and between those 2 teeth there are no space between them. After 3 weeks of trying to remove the popcorn hull via flossing, brushing my teeth and with my tongue the hull gradually went clear in color. The heat from my mouth combined with the heat from hot foods I have been eating stretched the portion of the hull that is facing behind my teeth onto the nearby gum. It has a tight suction feeling on my gum. After struggling to remove it for sometime now, I searched on online and found out that the popcorn hull is made up of cellulose and arabinoxylan. So I thought taking an over the counter digestive enzyme supplement that contains cellulase ( an enzyme that breaks down cellulose) would breakdown the hull stuck in teeth and nearby gum. It didn't go as plan, instead it separated a long fiber from the rubbery sucked on texture in mouth. Anyone have any ideas in helping me remove this popcorn hull from my mouth? Thank you
Welcome to the Nikki's world ramous 11 year old stuck popcorn kernel thread., Angela.

Since you are talking about your teeth rather than your throat, I think I would make a visit to your dentist. Hope all goes well and it is gone real soon.

Welcome to the Nikki's world ramous 11 year old stuck popcorn kernel thread., Angela.

Since you are talking about your teeth rather than your throat, I think I would make a visit to your dentist. Hope all goes well and it is gone real soon.
Yes I would think even a Dental Hygienist could remove that for you, If your adverse about the dentist maybe a Water Pik assist in freeing it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter