Popcorn Refills

Another great perk is that the popcorn buckets are refillable on land or at sea!! We purchased a refillable bucket on the Fantasy last month and it's now in our Disney stash ready to take to the parks with us in September.

@anna0513 where did you read this? I've heard nothing of the refillable buckets being ended on September 1st. The crew on the Fantasy said they have been very popular! We refilled ours often on the ship and are looking forward to using it in the parks too.

I believe this article was from 2016 and might not be available anymore according to this excerpt below. Does anyone know differently?

The Refillable Popcorn Program will only be available through September 1st. So get poppin’ — umm, I mean hoppin’ — to a Disney World Popcorn Cart as soon as you can to grab yours!

It was available in October.

Another great perk is that the popcorn buckets are refillable on land or at sea!! We purchased a refillable bucket on the Fantasy last month and it's now in our Disney stash ready to take to the parks with us in September.

@anna0513 where did you read this? I've heard nothing of the refillable buckets being ended on September 1st. The crew on the Fantasy said they have been very popular! We refilled ours often on the ship and are looking forward to using it in the parks too.

I don't know how we could have missed this in the parks AND at sea last fall! This will make our day, if it's still around this Spring! Has anyone seen them at DHS?

I believe this article was from 2016 and might not be available anymore according to this excerpt below. Does anyone know differently?

The Refillable Popcorn Program will only be available through September 1st. So get poppin’ — umm, I mean hoppin’ — to a Disney World Popcorn Cart as soon as you can to grab yours!

The second article, link posted under first, states the Sept date came and went and they were still offering it. I used the first article because it had more info and pictures in it.

I've seen reports all the way until Feb 2017 of them still offering.

How do you go to Tokyo and not bring any buckets back?! I think I would bring 2 empty suitcases for merchandise from Tokyo Disney. My brothers friend moved back to Tokyo two years ago and sends us little things from Tokyo Disneyland. It's like Christmas Lol!
I got one when I went last year although compared to some you can get it is a little lame. The lines for the popular ones were huge (and more expensive).
image by Ashleigh Nicholson, on Flickr
image by Ashleigh Nicholson, on Flickr

Can confirm that they are still doing it, at least they were as of last week when I was at the parks.

One interesting note, I happened to notice that the bucket was $10 at the stand near jungle cruise, but $11 at the stand in Frontierland. I'm not sure if they were different versions of the bucket --- but thought that was odd. Maybe a price increase that hasn't rolled out park-wide or perhaps just an anomaly.

I think you are in for a world of hurt if you think $1.50 refills on a $10 bucket is expensive for WDW.

Let's compare to the other "Refill" option - the mug. One pays $12.99 (??) for the Rapid Refill Mug at resorts and then all refills are FREE.... or if you're staying on Resort Property, the Rapid Refill Mug is FREE and so are all the refills...
Can't see myself paying $1.50 to refill that mug with Coke products, can't see myself paying $10 + $1.50/refill for popcorn.

IMHO the outrageous outset price of the Refillable Object is reasonable, paying additionally to refill it is not.

Let's compare to the other "Refill" option - the mug. One pays $12.99 (??) for the Rapid Refill Mug at resorts and then all refills are FREE.... or if you're staying on Resort Property, the Rapid Refill Mug is FREE and so are all the refills...
Can't see myself paying $1.50 to refill that mug with Coke products, can't see myself paying $10 + $1.50/refill for popcorn.

IMHO the outrageous outset price of the Refillable Object is reasonable, paying additionally to refill it is not.

They are not free.

If you purchase the Dining Plan they are a component of it (that you paid for)
if you didn't pay for a Dining Plan then you have to pay for it, $17.99.
Either way resort guests paid for their mug.

More info: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-refillable-mugs/

Last edited:
I love how they have the strap! I think carrying the ones at WDW is inconvenient
I know, it seems like they should cause who wants to carry it? It's fun to wear it, pop it open and shovel popcorn into your mouth.

Is this just for regular, buttered popcorn or are there locations that sell more interesting popcorn varieties? I'm thinking I'll get tired of regular popcorn, but if I could refill with caramel, cheese, etc it might get more mileage. Thanks!

Can't really compare the two.

The mug is $17.99 & you can only refill it at a resort QS, not at the parks.

All depends on how much you love Disney popcorn, for me it's justifiable! Love the popcorn and the bucket to bring home! Don't drink soda or regular coffee so the refillable mug holds no value!

I confused about the land and sea comment...I thought the refillable buckets were good for length of stay like the mugs? My next trip may involve teenagers (pray for me!) and I thought this might work, not that they could bring their old ones - which I know they have because I've been buried under their random tupperware cabinet before:)

We love the popcorn buckets. We always look at it as a souvenir. And we use it all the time at home. Can't wait to get a new one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter