Port Canaveral and Rental Cars

R. George

Earning My Ears
Will I be able to pickup my rental car and drive it back to pick up my son who will be watching the luggage?

George

I have read reports of people having long waits for rental cars after the cruise. I don't know if that's unusual or common. If you wouldn't be comfortable leaving your son alone at the port for an hour (or more), I personally would plan to take him and the luggage on the shuttle. If he's an adult... he may opt to wait. It could be a short wait, it may be longer.

Enjoy your cruise!

plus it would be much faster to take shuttle with son and luggage to rental car than to have to return to the port with the rental car. just get everyone off of the shuttle, load up the rental car, and you're off to your next destination!

Assuming an adult aged son....
Express walk off first thing in the morning to get the rental car. Then drive back to the port and pick up son and luggage. You could also have the son pay the porter to collect and carry the luggage through customs to help out.

I have read reports of people having long waits for rental cars after the cruise. I don't know if that's unusual or common. If you wouldn't be comfortable leaving your son alone at the port for an hour (or more), I personally would plan to take him and the luggage on the shuttle. If he's an adult... he may opt to wait. It could be a short wait, it may be longer.

Enjoy your cruise!

As the morning goes on they get incredibly busy. It isnt only DCL they are picking up from.....

We always pile the family and the bags on the shuttle. They have gotten bigger shuttles and have more of them as well (Budget and Avis).

Went Avis once and the line was really long. Enterprise seems to do much better. They handle the luggage on the shuttle well, just take everyone along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter