Possible Al's Toy Barn in Toy Story Area?

PPFlight75

DIS Veteran
Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but it would be a perfect gift shop. Does anyone know if that's in the plans?

I think the issue would be the theming of the area is you are toy sized in Andy’s backyard. Same issue with having pizza planet.

I’m sure they’ll have a gift shop somehow and they probably need a second restaurant

I think the issue would be the theming of the area is you are toy sized in Andy’s backyard. Same issue with having pizza planet.

I’m sure they’ll have a gift shop somehow and they probably need a second restaurant
That makes sense thanks!

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but it would be a perfect gift shop. Does anyone know if that's in the plans?
The answer to your question is yes and no. It was discussed as part of a previous thread (which had the concept art) - but Al's Toy Barn originally was included in the design but later removed. For the reason mentioned earlier - it doesn't fit the backyard theme.

No fears, however, about a gift shop - Disney isn't about to build a themed land aimed at kids without stuffing it to the brim with merchandising. That's true even for the more "adult" lands: Pandora's gift shop is heavily dedicated to the rookery for those $50 banshees that sit on your shoulder - even though a good number of the kids that'll get the most out of those may not even be tall enough to go on the signature ride where they're featured.

The answer to your question is yes and no. It was discussed as part of a previous thread (which had the concept art) - but Al's Toy Barn originally was included in the design but later removed. For the reason mentioned earlier - it doesn't fit the backyard theme.

No fears, however, about a gift shop - Disney isn't about to build a themed land aimed at kids without stuffing it to the brim with merchandising. That's true even for the more "adult" lands: Pandora's gift shop is heavily dedicated to the rookery for those $50 banshees that sit on your shoulder - even though a good number of the kids that'll get the most out of those may not even be tall enough to go on the signature ride where they're featured.

I don't think fitting the theme was the reason it was cut. You can see in the concept art that it was intended to be a toy, it has a handle on the roof making it similar to the Playschool barn toy. I really think this was just cost cutting since that entire area was cut.

upload_2017-10-25_12-45-37.png

upload_2017-10-25_12-46-27.png

I don't think fitting the theme was the reason it was cut. You can see in the concept art that it was intended to be a toy, it has a handle on the roof making it similar to the Playschool barn toy. I really think this was just cost cutting since that entire area was cut.

View attachment 279398

View attachment 279399

One of the very disappointing cuts to this land. That would have been great to see when first entering. I am always hoping in the back of my mind that years from now that is brought back and added.

Al's Toy Barn wouldn't fit the theme (of Andy's backyard). Though it would have been cool.

They probably will have a gift shop in the exit of Slinky Dog (inside the show building).

While we were all hoping for some sort of big 'awesome' land, I think we can easily compare this to Storybook Circus. A small, but heavily themed area with a kiddie ride and a coaster. Just a bit bigger and with a themed QS food area. (and with no indoor seating, and just walk-up windows, it probably won't be anything to write home about either.

I'm still wondering if there will be a M&G area in the land somewhere (if so, where?) since (I assume) the Pixar Place home of Buzz and Woody will be gone.

A much needed addition for DHS from an attraction and space standpoint, but won't be Pandora or SWGE in scale.

Thanks. I don't care too much about more gift shops (we don't buy what we used to), but it would have been pretty awesome!

Heard the Mr. Potato parts that are not in the toy at Disney Springs may show up in Toy Story land.

I personally think the land is going to be perfect for what it is, no its not a big E ticket area but DHS needs more young kid stuff to do in it .

This will be a very needed expansion to the park. Perfect for the little kids. Who am I kidding it’s perfect for us large kids too :sulley:I’m hoping it opens when we are there in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter