Possible DVC CA location

BeccaG

DIS Veteran
Here is some more fule for the rumor mill fire!!
The biggest concern I have heard on these boards about a DVC in CA is space! Which makes sense. However, Disney does own a good deal of land around the parks. Well I just heard from a friend (who will remain nameless for his and his co. sake :rolleyes1) that they have just bided to do work on a new area around Disneyland. For those of you who are familiar with DL, this area will be on the opposite side of the parks from the Downtown Disney District and is slated to have 3 more Disney hotels. Of course this could all change since it’s just in the planning stages but this provides the space for a DL DVC!

Very interesting... fingers crossed! We love DL and would love a DVC out there. Though, of course, the current points for the hotels are not bad at all!

I don't know how much land Disney actually owns out there, but here's an interesting website I found:

Anaheim Garden Walk

At the bottom of the page, click on the aerial map. Could the "third gate" location actually be the spot for a new (DVC??) hotel or hotels?

1000th happy haunt said:
I don't know how much land Disney actually owns out there, but here's an interesting website I found:

Anaheim Garden Walk

At the bottom of the page, click on the aerial map. Could the "third gate" location actually be the spot for a new (DVC??) hotel or hotels?

Good investigation happy haunt! When I was a cast member, we were told that much of the land around disneyland is owned by disney and land leased to the various hotels and restraunts. The area you found is the area I was refering to. (But trying to protect my friend I did not mention the project name.) I forgot they already have signs up in the area! :blush: Now here is another interesting point. Here is a picture on the Garden Walk website. http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/images/images/disney_way.jpg Notice the lable on the buildings in the top!! Could that be DVC?

The "third gate" refers to a potential third park.

There was always talk of them adding a wing onto the GC. There is room for a small extension coming of the south end of the west wing (in the shape of a 'T'). Obviously it would be fairly small, but possibly a good bet for a first DL DVC. If it is a huge success then they can find more space to build a bigger DVC resort.

Perhaps someone can post a picture of the satellite image showing the spot I am referring to.

lenshanem said:
Vacation Ownership Units Over Parking?!? Now that sounds like interesting theming! :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hey, wait a minute, Shan! That actually might have some promise!

What's the problem with OKW? NO ELEVATORS!

What's the problem with the hotel resorts? PARKING a full day's hike from your villa.

But at VDL...ELEVATORS TO YOUR CAR!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

lenshanem said:
Vacation Ownership Units Over Parking?!? Now that sounds like interesting theming! :rotfl2:

D PGV = Disney's Parking Garage Villas :rolleyes1

And, if it's in California, all the parking attendants would be named "Kookie". :cool2:

This place has nothing to do with Disney the Timeshare was going to be Marriot .

There was a big discusion last year on this very sight.Disney was also not happy about them letting out that they boughtup all the Strawberry fields that are listed as 3rd gate.

It all references as a IN THE DISNEY RESORT location not this it IS A DISNEY RESORT thats a big difference.Look at all the stores in there they are not ones that you would put with Disney as they are in direct compition with the DTD locations a block away.

Now if it is a true Disney sight maybe they have plans to convert DTD to a Hotel DVC location but I just don't see that happening.

tmt martins said:
This place has nothing to do with Disney the Timeshare was going to be Marriot .

There was a big discusion last year on this very sight.Disney was also not happy about them letting out that they boughtup all the Strawberry fields that are listed as 3rd gate.

It all references as a IN THE DISNEY RESORT location not this it IS A DISNEY RESORT thats a big difference.Look at all the stores in there they are not ones that you would put with Disney as they are in direct compition with the DTD locations a block away.

Now if it is a true Disney sight maybe they have plans to convert DTD to a Hotel DVC location but I just don't see that happening.

Well, doesn't that just burst my bubble!!

BeccaG said:
Well, doesn't that just burst my bubble!!

No we can still hope it hasn't been built yet and you never know until it's a done deal.

If you look at the satellite photo you'll notice a small parking area tucked into a corner of DCA - a remnant of the original Disneyland main lot. It's in a super-prime location, it doesn't accommodate very many vehicles and it needs a separate dedicated tram system.

I'm thinking that bit of asphalt is gonna' meet Joe Black any day now.

rinkwide said:
If you look at the satellite photo you'll notice a small parking area tucked into a corner of DCA - a remnant of the original Disneyland main lot. It's in a super-prime location, it doesn't accommodate very many vehicles and it needs a separate dedicated tram system.

:rotfl:

When I was a CM at DL we were always told that would be an expansion of DCA.
However, as a new DVC owner, I would love it if it was a DVC.

The more DVC resorts the better value of owning DVC.

rinkwide said:

There have been a lot of rumors about that parking lot, mainly for DCA expansion, but I think it is plenty big enough to squeeze in a DCA resort and it would be ideal location next to both parks and DtD.

Plus there is the strawberry patch, who knows what ultimately they'll do with that now that they are in no hurry for another gate.

bigsmooth said:
...there is the strawberry patch, who knows what ultimately they'll do with that now that they are in no hurry for another gate.
If that ends up being the site of the DLR DVC they'll have to run the monorail over there if they want an add-on out of me.

Wowee, Becca, wouldn't it be great for us West Coasters to have a DVC out this way!!! :Pinkbounc I asked our guide before we bought at SSR if there were any plans to build a DVC resort at DLR, but he didn't know. I am still holding out hope that the next one will be at DLR, although from all the threads it certainly sounds like it will be at the Contemporary. We can hope and dream, though, right?! :)

Does anyone have pics of the DLR DVC model rooms? I heard they are fun to see,with views out the windows that are pics of the views from SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter