• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

For our flights we just took (round-trip ISP-FLL) last week, we booked these flights and purchased EBCI within minutes of the flights being released. Our boarding numbers were in the A40s each way. easily the worst boarding positions we have ever gotten with EBCI. My guess is more and more people are purchasing EBCI.
If you're getting A40s that's really pretty darn good. Many people reported getting into the B's sometimes mid-way through with EBCI. It was the hope that the increased/variant pricing of $15-$25 per way depending on demand and route would help lower the amount of people purchasing them.

Check you email for a targeted promo from Southwest to purchase a minimum of 10,000 Rapid Rewards points and receive 40% bonus points.

The offer is valid till 03/07/2019 and is not transferable.

For our flights we just took (round-trip ISP-FLL) last week, we booked these flights and purchased EBCI within minutes of the flights being released. Our boarding numbers were in the A40s each way. easily the worst boarding positions we have ever gotten with EBCI. My guess is more and more people are purchasing EBCI.
Personslly we’d be very happy with A40’s. I have purchased EBCI on original date flights are available, originating flight and still been in the B’s. For this reason I choose (for our flight to MCO when I know I can make myself available at exactly 24 hours before the flight) not to purchase EBCI as the boarding numbers are often close to those without EBCI.

On our return flight when it’s easier to forget to check in due to having fun at WDW, I purchase EBCI.

We've usually been in the A20s (even A18/19 a couple of times) or low A30s whenever we've purchased EBCI - which we always do for the return flights, and sometimes for the flights down (depending on the time and if we think we may not be able to log in at exactly 24hrs).

We've usually been in the A20s (even A18/19 a couple of times) or low A30s whenever we've purchased EBCI - which we always do for the return flights, and sometimes for the flights down (depending on the time and if we think we may not be able to log in at exactly 24hrs).
You must not have been traveling with many A-listers before.

My husband usually got the A20s-A30s with A-list. I think maybe 1 or 2 times he got lower than A20s when he was A-list Preferred. That was flying every 2 weeks from Houston back home and from Baltimore back home over many months from 2015-2016. A1-15 is for Business Select or if you did the Upgrade at the gate.

So yeah yours is just an unusual situation I would say. Don't necessarily know that your A40s is indicative of more EBCI purchasers but neither can I say it isn't.

I find it varies with no rhyme or reason.

I have purchased flights for my daughter and I and made no changes with EB and bought my Moms flight a week later with EB and she had an earlier check in than I.

My last flight a few weeks ago I bought EB about 9 days before we flew and then changed it 3 days before we flew (got a lot of points back) and I had A boarding for both of us.

Check you email for a targeted promo from Southwest to purchase a minimum of 10,000 Rapid Rewards points and receive 40% bonus points.

The offer is valid till 03/07/2019 and is not transferable.
I apologize in advance for this question, but is it worth it to purchase points? I received this email, but I get my SW points from my credit card rewards. How much do they charge for points?

I apologize in advance for this question, but is it worth it to purchase points? I received this email, but I get my SW points from my credit card rewards. How much do they charge for points?
Personally, unless I only need a few points to purchase a flight using points, I do not find is cost effective to purchase points. Even in the scenario I mentioned it costs me more, but still less than purchasing an entire flight.

Even with this 40% promo, It’s a pretty terrible deal. I personally value SW pts at 1.48cpp. So with this deal you can 10,000 SW RR pts + 4,000 bonus RR pts for $275. So you get $207 worth of points for $275...if you’re struggling to see the sense there you would not be alone LOL.

Personally, unless I only need a few points to purchase a flight using points, I do not find is cost effective to purchase points. Even in the scenario I mentioned it costs me more, but still less than purchasing an entire flight.

Even with this 40% promo, It’s a pretty terrible deal. I personally value SW pts at 1.48cpp. So with this deal you can 10,000 SW RR pts + 4,000 bonus RR pts for $275. So you get $207 worth of points for $275...if you’re struggling to see the sense there you would not be alone LOL.

Perfect, so I won’t feel guilty passing on this one. Thanks lol!

If you purchase tix using points and do not have enough RR points in your account for an upcoming booking, it is better than buying points at the full price. This promo is available just in time for the next schedule extension, which is next week, so, it's timing is good for those who want to take advantage of the extended schedule, but are short on points. If I have a choice between cash bookings and points bookings, I will go with the points, when possible, due to the many advantages.

I will not purchase points, however, unless an immediate need is there.

If you purchase tix using points and do not have enough RR points in your account for an upcoming booking, it is better than buying points at the full price. This promo is available just in time for the next schedule extension, which is next week, so, it's timing is good for those who want to take advantage of the extended schedule, but are short on points. If I have a choice between cash bookings and points bookings, I will go with the points, when possible, due to the many advantages.

I will not purchase points, however, unless an immediate need is there.
That makes sense. I do like the flexibility of booking with points vs cash. I use my credit card points and transfer them to SW, so purchasing points wouldn’t be beneficial to me. If I didn’t have credit card points though I could see the promo being worthwhile.

With the schedule extension presumably coming next week, I wonder if Hawaii will be available for booking. There certainly is lots of pent up demand among Southwest customers.
I'm interested in seeing the flight options. There's not going to be non-stop for me so I won't worry about that but I want to know will it be only a handful of flights each day from each airport servicing Hawaii or will they have a wider variety.

One thing that made me nervous about coming home from our honeymoon from St. Lucia was it was a 1 flight there and 1 flight back and only certain days of the week. I'm not expecting Hawaii to be like that especially because St. Lucia was like a 6 gate airport but I'm still interested in how frequent the flights will be and if one airport over another will get more flights or if SWA will have more even amount between the airports servicing Hawaii.

With the schedule extension presumably coming next week, I wonder if Hawaii will be available for booking. There certainly is lots of pent up demand among Southwest customers.
They've actually said throughout the process that they would not necessarily tie the Southwest Hawaii release to one of their formal releases. Also - that release is on March 14th so it's actually 2 weeks away :) I'm thinking we may see something before then, Southwest wants to release these flights and start flying the routes ASAP I believe.

Southwest just pushed back their schedule extension one week - perhaps due to Hawaii being available for booking at that time!

From Southwest:

We are currently accepting air reservations through October 1 , 2019. On March 14, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through November 2, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Last edited:
Southwest just pushed back their schedule extension one week - perhaps due to Hawaii being available for booking at that time!

From Southwest:

We are currently accepting air reservations through October 1 , 2019. On March 14, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through November 2, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
The original release date was March 13th as per my comment on Feb 3rd. They then slid it to March 14th. I don’t ever recall them moving it up to the 7th but I guess I could have missed that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter