Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Okay, I think I've discovered that SW uses concourse C almost exclusively (meaning they typically don't use other concourses). If that's still true, I'm feeling better.
I’ve flown SW in/out of ATL many, many times. I don’t think I’ve ever flown out of anything aside from Terminal C with SW. You shouldn’t have any problems - just a normal airport (albeit large). You’ll likely just walk from one SW gate to another in the same area.

Wonder how soon the rest of us will see the impact of flight changes due to the grounding through 2020 now. I'm checking daily as we only had a couple of non-stop flights to choose from and my flight to FL in late November is on is an 737-800 - not the Max 8, but I think that's the one they keep pulling to substitute for it.
One of my upcoming Southwest flights this year still shows the equipment as a MAX. I think I will be proactive and contact Southwest to make sure my flight won't be cancelled.

I purchased flights recently. Since then, I've been able to get a travel funds credit of $35 because the price of one flight dropped. If it drops again, let's say by $10, would I then have a travel funds credit of $45 or would I have 2 separate credits of $35 and $10?

ETA: I didn't purchase EBCI for this particular flight, so no worries about dropping to the end of the line or anything.

Is anyone else having difficulty changing flights online? Each time I’ve attempted to change a flight (both on the app and the website) for a price decrease on points it’s given me an error message and I’ve had to call in. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for the price decreases, but it puts me on pins and needles waiting to get them on the phone and hoping the price doesn’t increase while I do! :badpc:

Is anyone else having difficulty changing flights online? Each time I’ve attempted to change a flight (both on the app and the website) for a price decrease on points it’s given me an error message and I’ve had to call in. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for the price decreases, but it puts me on pins and needles waiting to get them on the phone and hoping the price doesn’t increase while I do! :badpc:
That is not necessarily a new issue. A few months ago, I tweeted Southwest (private message with confirmation number), and they processed the change. They requested screenshots showing the reduced fare and error.

I purchased flights recently. Since then, I've been able to get a travel funds credit of $35 because the price of one flight dropped. If it drops again, let's say by $10, would I then have a travel funds credit of $45 or would I have 2 separate credits of $35 and $10?

ETA: I didn't purchase EBCI for this particular flight, so no worries about dropping to the end of the line or anything.
I believe that the two reductions in price would be issued separately via 2 separate credits. Both would have to be used(New flight booked and flight completed) within 1 year from the date of original purchase! Always fun to catch a reduction!

:)

:yay: HAPPY! Decided to check SW tickets this morning for reductions...Between 3 one way tickets, got a reduction of 8,446 points! Then a round trip travel credit of $74.00 for me and a one travel credit of $32.00. A GREAT DAY! Really pays to price, reprice, and reprice!
:yay:

Hope that you got your price decrease processed!

Yep, this has happened to me a couple times recently. Including just last night. So annoying! It is a small difference in points, so I haven't called about it (I HATE making calls) but if it goes down more, I'll bite the bullet and make the call.

Any prediction when the next SW sale will be? I need to book one September flight and I am trying to wait til to see if the price drops...I am paying cash (I usually spend points!) for this one for someone who doesn't fly much so a credit won't help us too much.

Friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on Thursday August 15th.
  • This schedule release was pushed back twice in early July (it was originally supposed to occur on July 10th). Currently SW is offering flights through 1/5/20 and this release (when it finally occurs) will take their schedule out to 3/6/20.
  • I would stay posted on this however, as it could change at any time. They have been known to move this date up with very little notice.

Another EBCI question. My wife and I just got TSA precheck. Unfortunately, my wife's precheck has her whole middle name, while her flight only had her middle initial. I called Southwest to have her middle name added, and it looks like she got a new ticket number. Is this going to reset her EBCI order (I originally purchased the tickets the day the flights went on sale).
So here's an update as I checked in today for our flight. I had sent a message via Twitter asking if it would affect my early bird. This was the reply: " Thanks for reaching out. The update to your name should have no effect on your EarlyBird purchases. Your boarding pass will still be reserved 36 hours prior to departure. -Grayson"

So my 11 yr old who's ticket was not changed is number A25. A ticket purchased 2 months ago for GMA is A28. The 3 tickets that I added middle name to are A32, 33, 34. So it seems we were moved down but not very far. Maybe there weren't many EBCI purchases? This is not a flight to orlando.

Friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on Thursday August 15th.
  • This schedule release was pushed back twice in early July (it was originally supposed to occur on July 10th). Currently SW is offering flights through 1/5/20 and this release (when it finally occurs) will take their schedule out to 3/6/20.
  • I would stay posted on this however, as it could change at any time. They have been known to move this date up with very little notice.
With the grounding of the MAX8 aircraft extended into 2020, Southwest needs to not only rework Q1 of 2020, but also the last couple of months of 2019. So, we shall see how long that takes.

Hope that you got your price decrease processed!
Yep, this has happened to me a couple times recently. Including just last night. So annoying! It is a small difference in points, so I haven't called about it (I HATE making calls) but if it goes down more, I'll bite the bullet and make the call.
Mine is a decrease of a little over 400 points. I’m not 100% sure we’ll even be taking this flight (a potential conflict has come up, but it’s not definite yet so I’m holding onto the flight for now). I’ve already called and changed the flight a few times with bigger decreases, and to be honest I just didn’t feel like calling this time. I’ve continued to randomly try online but I keep getting the same error message. Like @mamamelody2, if the price decrease gets bigger I’ll call, but I feel a little guilty frequently calling about this flight that we might not be taking. It’d be so much easier if the app and/or website would work...

Mine is a decrease of a little over 400 points. I’m not 100% sure we’ll even be taking this flight (a potential conflict has come up, but it’s not definite yet so I’m holding onto the flight for now). I’ve already called and changed the flight a few times with bigger decreases, and to be honest I just didn’t feel like calling this time. I’ve continued to randomly try online but I keep getting the same error message. Like @mamamelody2, if the price decrease gets bigger I’ll call, but I feel a little guilty frequently calling about this flight that we might not be taking. It’d be so much easier if the app and/or website would work...
Hope that you can take your trip!

If you don't have TSA PreCheck, but have been thinking of signing up, you can use 9,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points to pay the fee; that will cover five years of PreCheck. This offer only is valid for Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmembers.
The normal cost is $85 for five years of PreCheck.

https://www.1.awardhq.com/24468SWA0SWARR/product/_/A-05128
9000 points is a lot of points. I think you get more bang for your buck if you pay the $85.

I just looked online and a $99 trip would only cost me 5,515 points. Paying cash for TSA PreCheck is definitely better than paying for it with points.

9000 points is a lot of points. I think you get more bang for your buck if you pay the $85.

I just looked online and a $99 trip would only cost me 5,515 points. Paying cash for TSA PreCheck is definitely better than paying for it with points.
They are many out there who have hundreds of thousand of RR points sitting in their accounts (I know someone like that). They are those who fly on the more expensive BS fares for business travel and have A+ status; their balances continue to build, as they don't fly on points. The More Rewards selections offer ways for them to make use of those points. In the past, when I had a sizeable RR balance and elite status, I cashed in points for Disney gift cards and was happy with my transaction.

There are also those who have no travel planned, before their points expire. The More Rewards options work for those customers, as well.

Cashing in points for something other than flights is not for everyone, but there are those who make good use of the option.

They are many out there who have hundreds of thousand of RR points sitting in their accounts (I know someone like that). They are those who fly on the more expensive BS fares for business travel and have A+ status; their balances continue to build, as they don't fly on points. The More Rewards selections offer ways for them to make use of those points. In the past, when I had a sizeable RR balance and elite status, I cashed in points for Disney gift cards and was happy with my transaction.

There are also those who have no travel planned, before their points expire. The More Rewards options work for those customers, as well.

Cashing in points for something other than flights is not for everyone, but there are those who make good use of the option.
It could be but for people you describe I'm sure they already have TSA-Pre (frequent fliers at least).

I was just trying to point out that dollar for dollar, this is not a good choice for using points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter