Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

This can be misleading. Sometimes, cancellations are weather-related and seasonal in nature - i.e. flying from a northern city where snowstorms might be responsible for cancellations. I would check the status of your flight over the next week, or so, for any delays or cancellations, to get a better idea. The cancellations might also be related to the MAX8 situation, which is pretty much under control, at least for the time being.
I would agree with this as well. I also think it could be a new flight too and thus be based on a very small sample size. With even numbers like "40%" that seems like maybe 2 out of 5 got cancelled or something and once they have a larger number under their belt things will normalize :D

Just got a notice from SW that they changed one of our November flights due to a change in their schedules. They moved our time up about 1.5 hours, which is better for us, now we will arrive at our home airport at 11:45 PM instead of 12:55 AM. It is the last non-stop of the day. When I logged in and looked at my flights, I had the option to change the flight without penalty, which I found odd since they never have change penalties, I wonder if they would have let me choose another flight without paying the additional cost? Looks like yes -

Went back and reread the email - In the event this new itinerary does not work for you, we are offering the one time opportunity to change your flight date(s) and/or time(s) by up to 14 days from original travel date at no additional cost in accordance with our established reaccommodation practices.

Last edited:
We got the same email- unfortunately our flight down is pushed out 1.5 hours and last time we took that flight it was significantly delayed but we can't move it up and take more time off from school/work. The good news is that they dropped the prices of the original flights significantly and I was able to get a $535 credit.

Ours changed too for November out of Buffalo. Our flight down moved from 6:10am to 5:30 am, not too bad but our flight home got moved from 8:30 pm to 10:55 pm! We won’t get home until almost 2!

I’m flying from New Orleans to MCO on 25/9/19. As a UK traveller it’s the first time I have flown domestic flights within the USA. I haven’t purchased the EBCI which is $20. Would you suggest for an 08.15 am flight I should?

I’m flying from New Orleans to MCO on 25/9/19. As a UK traveller it’s the first time I have flown domestic flights within the USA. I haven’t purchased the EBCI which is $20. Would you suggest for an 08.15 am flight I should?

Who is traveling in your party? Kids?

I don't think EBCI is worth it anymore. Last time we flew out of NOLA we had it and we still got B boarding group. Then 10 entire families boarded ahead of us in family boarding. It was useless.

I don't think EBCI is worth it anymore. Last time we flew out of NOLA we had it and we still got B boarding group. Then 10 entire families boarded ahead of us in family boarding. It was useless.

I see this each time that I fly now and I fly quite a bit. When I flew two weeks ago (I upgraded my seat to A1 boarding position that day) I saw three seemingly young couples get on the plane with the wheelchair group, but those couples weren't with anyone the wheelchair group and walked onto the plane. So you have those who are in wheelchairs and their companions that board early, those who board early for the reason it was that the above couples boarded early and then you have all of the families with multiple children board before the B group. ECBI doesn't seem to be worth it any longer when 40 people board before B group that paid for ECBI. I wish that Southwest would have people board the plane in a different fashion.

It looks like SW has only updated its schedule to remove the Max8 through November - my December flight is still on a Max 8. It’s the flight I want to take due to timing, so I’m just going to stick with it and hope they replace it with a 737-800.

Just myself which is why I wasn’t too bothered about seats etc. Just been reading this thread and a little concerned now there may be no seats left.
Southwest has a policy to not oversell the number of seats. It still happens on rare occasions when there are cancellations or aircraft changes, but you should get a seat on the plane. Just check in 24 hours ahead. I never get EBCI for just myself or with another adult.

Just myself which is why I wasn’t too bothered about seats etc. Just been reading this thread and a little concerned now there may be no seats left.
Southwest is different from other airlines, with regard to their boarding procedures. Customers actually sit waiting for the clock to tick down to T-24, so that they can get the lowest possible boarding number. If you are unable to do so, those checking in later are usually the last to board the plane and select a seat. It is not a very long flight. If you do not mind where you sit on the plane, you probably don't need EBCI. However, if you won't be able to check in online exactly at T-24, the $20 fee might be worth the peace of mind knowing that you will automatically be checked in at T-36.

FYI - https://mobile.southwest.com/boarding-the-plane

Southwest is different from other airlines, with regard to their boarding procedures. Customers actually sit waiting for the clock to tick down to T-24, so that they can get the lowest possible boarding number. If you are unable to do so, those checking in later are usually the last to board the plane and select a seat. It is not a very long flight. If you do not mind where you sit on the plane, you probably don't need EBCI. However, if you won't be able to check in online exactly at T-24, the $20 fee might be worth the peace of mind knowing that you will automatically be checked in at T-36.

FYI - https://mobile.southwest.com/boarding-the-plane
I will set my alarm to do the online check in. Thank you for the link to the video it was v helpful.

I personally wouldn’t bother as long as you don’t mind middle seat :)

I got the dreaded Southwest e-mail this morning :headache: Southwest really screwed the Manchester, NH flights in November 🤬 My original flight was nonstop landing around 10 AM and now the only nonstop doesn't land until after 5 PM 🤬🤬 So with traffic I will be lucky to get to the Boardwalk by 7 - 7:30 PM 😢 Not a single flight lands until after noon and they all have 1 or 2 stops 🤬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter