Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Yup, just checked mine, I was able to salvage a non stop home but I lose 7 HOURS on our last day!!! Had a 6:30 am non stop down that’s changed to a hour stop over in Baltimore. Earliest non stop is 1pm getting in at 4 so that day would be lost too. I can’t lose BOTH days😡😡. Seriously considering cancelling and booking with Jet Blue. They have a 7 am non stop and we can make do with just carry ons.

It's not only November flights that are getting the banner message, but December 2020 reservations, as well. Sometimes, the change notice means your flights have been dropped or changed, but sometimes, it enables you to change to a more desirable date or flight, at no additional cost.

Yeah that hasn’t happened for me. Every change has been for the worse with no better alternatives. This is why I changed my September trip in the first place.

Just double checking here. Got $34 in travel funds returned after changing a November flight last night. When I went to convert today, the funds showed but had an expiration of March 2021. I was unable to convert these funds to points this morning. Will the expiration date change tonight/tomorrow, thus allowing me to convert to points?

Just double checking here. Got $34 in travel funds returned after changing a November flight last night. When I went to convert today, the funds showed but had an expiration of March 2021. I was unable to convert these funds to points this morning. Will the expiration date change tonight/tomorrow, thus allowing me to convert to points?
I believe you had to create the travel funds (change or cancel your flight) before September 7 to be able to change them to points.

That is my understanding also, funds had to be created by 9/7/20 to be eligible. Sadly, that ship has sailed.

We just got the notice that our non-stop flight from Albany to MCO was canceled in November. They switched us to a 1 stop flight that went to Chicago first and would mean switching from a roughly 3 hour trip to a 9 hour trip. Was able to change to another non-stop flight later in the day online. We will lose one vacation day as instead of arriving in Orlando at a little after 10 am we wont be arriving until after 8 pm but i can live with that. The return flight was just a disaster, as they had switched our flight to a one stop flight that had us arriving an hour after our connecting flight had already left. For some reason I couldn't change that one on line and was told to call in. Nearly two hours later I finally got to talk to someone and we ended up adding a day and flying home the next day on a non-stop flight. The real kicker was that the really nice Southwest agent I spoke with said that we might very well see more changes as our flight was still so far out. It's only five weeks away!! I knew we would need patience for this trip but I thought it would be after we arrived!

We just got a flight change notification and it cuts down our layover time. We re now 45 min in ATL with a 2 and 7 year old. Will we survive? I have traveled through ATL on Delta frequently and would chance it alone, but probably not with the kids, but are the SW terminals that far apart? If we have to change terminals?

SCAM ALERT
I called SWA at 1800-435-9792 this morning. I think a recording answered and said call would be recorded. It rang once and was answered by a man, not the usual recording. I needed to change our fights after SWA changed use to a stopover flight. I gave him DH’s conf.#. He acted like he couldn’t’t find it and put me on hold for 5 minutes. When he came back he said the price had increased and I would not have to pay extra. However, I would have to pay the tax increase of $53. I questioned him about it and could never get a straight answer. The fare was equivalent to $100 .How could there be tax of $53? Then he Wanted my conf. # which I gave him. Then he wanted $53 tax on that ticket. I could not get any info from him like how much the fare was. He knew that I had paid 12000 points. I kept asking if this was the $11.20 fee. He said he was not on the SWA site and his fares were different. He kept saying I didn’t understand and kept repeating the tax was was included in the fare. I never agreed to the tax. Then the line disconnected. That was when I starting thinking the call was strange. Thankfully I did not give him my credit card # or RR#. I reported to SWA customer relations which handles their fraud cases.

If you call SWA be careful.

We just got a flight change notification and it cuts down our layover time. We re now 45 min in ATL with a 2 and 7 year old. Will we survive? I have traveled through ATL on Delta frequently and would chance it alone, but probably not with the kids, but are the SW terminals that far apart? If we have to change terminals?
I had the same concern when my daughter was younger but you'll be just fine. The SW gates are all close together and due to their specific layout they don't move them. 45 min will be lots of time.

From the Southwest website:

From the Atlanta Airport website (to show where these gates are). All the gates in the red box are SW gates

Last edited:
I got a notification of a flight change also On my return flight MCO toBDL. In the email it is only different by 10 minutes, but if I were to try to book new, that flight is not listed. I looked at my flight out also BDL to MCO. I did not get a change notification and I am still listed on the am nonstop but if I were to try and book it that flight is no longer listed. I imagine I will get more notifications As both these flights seem to be gone but who knows. I know I have to go with whatever flights are offered but I booked specifically because I really wanted nonstop, I hate changing planes. With still more than a month to go who knows what other changes will happen.
I fly out of bdl too. Just Incase you didn’t hear, JetBlue announced last week that they are adding direct flights to las, cun, lax and a couple others that I don’t remember.
we have already cancelled our Cancun flight later this year and booked with JetBlue after the announcement
I’m hoping that other airlines out of Bradley follow suit and add more direct flight to places people actually want to go.

we leave for Vegas on Friday with SW and am dreading the connecting flights.

I had the same concern when my daughter was younger but you'll be just fine. The SW gates are all close together and due to their specific layout they don't move them. 45 min will be lots of time.

From the Southwest website:
View attachment 528786

From the Atlanta Airport website (to show where these gates are). All the gates in the red box are SW gates
View attachment 528790
Thank you. I guess i was looking at old information. it was showing Terminal S and N as Southwest.

I got hit with a change on my MKE-DEN trip for my SIL's wedding the weekend before Thanksgiving. Took my 830 departure to 0600. Now we will have to get a hotel the night before leaving. I'm not going to wake the kids up at 0130 to drive to the airport.

Also got a push notification that I had A17 for my flight this morning, a flight I cancelled in May.

I apologize if I missed this in the thread, but for those of you that have traveled recently, did you see any need to add early bird with the middle seats open? We are a family of four and didn't know if we needed it to add it to keep from being too spread out.

As others have posted, Southwest is still making changes in November and December flight schedules. Some email notices advising of changes to booked flight(s) have been sent, but not for all reservations. Since they appear to be consolidating flights, due to continued reduced bookings, I highly recommend checking any upcoming November/December reservations for changes. Sometimes, it's just a minor change in time/flight number, while other times it changes from a nonstop/direct flight to connecting flights, or a major change in departure time. It looks like sometimes they are substituting larger capacity 737-800 aircraft (not the MAX), in place of the slightly smaller 737-700s, to partially make up for dropped flights. Reminder - if you look up your reservation and see that your flight was changed, you are allowed to change to another flight on that route, on the same day, or within 30 days, either way of your original date, without a change in fare; this can be done online, or you can call for assistance. If you decide to call, however, there could be long hold times.

With reduced capacity, it's a good idea to check this out ASAP, while seats on preferred flights are still available. The changes are not always bad news - sometimes, the changes work out better, than the original plans.

Note: If the federal government does not immediately provide continued financial relief to the airlines, look for all of the airlines to make major cuts to their schedules, over the coming months. Their funding ends today, unless there is last-minute action.

I apologize if I missed this in the thread, but for those of you that have traveled recently, did you see any need to add early bird with the middle seats open? We are a family of four and didn't know if we needed it to add it to keep from being too spread out.
I have not gotten early bird for my two upcoming trips. With only 2/3rds max I don't see the point. I'm taking my wife and two kids to Denver in Nov. We are planning on sitting 2x2. As long as you check in at t24 you should be fine.

I have been monitoring our flights for December, and noticed that our booked flights have disappeared as options for booking.
When I look up our current reservations, the old times are still listed and there is no yellow banner.
The new flights are more expensive than our original booking, so I don't want to change them on-line. I also don't want to be stuck with whatever flights they choose to put us on (really, only one good option at this point).
The wait time on the phone is estimated at 2 hours. And this is probably a trip that won't even happen with our NY quarantine situation. Ugh.

I have been monitoring our flights for December, and noticed that our booked flights have disappeared as options for booking.
When I look up our current reservations, the old times are still listed and there is no yellow banner.
The new flights are more expensive than our original booking, so I don't want to change them on-line. I also don't want to be stuck with whatever flights they choose to put us on (really, only one good option at this point).
The wait time on the phone is estimated at 2 hours. And this is probably a trip that won't even happen with our NY quarantine situation. Ugh.
I’ve had good experiences with Southwest issues by tweeting to @SouthwestAir. Just post a brief message about your upcoming travel, with no specific info about flights, conf. number, etc.; they will ask you to send your confirmation number in a DM. I know they have been super busy, so you may not get the usually quick reply; just keep an eye out. They are normally very responsive and helpful, especially if you try to be understanding and appreciative of their help.

I hope they can work out something for you.

www.twitter.com/SouthwestAir

I got a notification of a flight change also On my return flight MCO toBDL. In the email it is only different by 10 minutes, but if I were to try to book new, that flight is not listed. I looked at my flight out also BDL to MCO. I did not get a change notification and I am still listed on the am nonstop but if I were to try and book it that flight is no longer listed. I imagine I will get more notifications As both these flights seem to be gone but who knows. I know I have to go with whatever flights are offered but I booked specifically because I really wanted nonstop, I hate changing planes. With still more than a month to go who knows what other changes will happen.
I just got a notification today about a November flight change from BDL to MCO. My morning non-stop flight now is a connecting flight with a two hour layover at BWI. I have never changed planes since having kids and I’m dreading doing it with the kids. I’m sure they’ll be fine but the stress of it may make this vacation start off on a sour note. The only non-stop options left are for the afternoon or evening so I am going to cross my fingers that there are no more changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter