Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I may have booked both SW and JetBlue flight for the 50th (9/30‐10/3). I wasn't risking losing out because one of them canceled my flight! I almost canceled tge duplicates yesterday but hearing that we're back to this fun...

Both are on points... so I'll cancel one, eventually.

We had enough Jetblue points but it was sooooo many for Labor Day weekend that I refused to sacrifice that many. :rotfl2:

I had to buy points on SW to get enough for the weekend. I hope they don't change my flight down unless they want to make that one earlier too. ::yes::

Our Sept 7th out of MCO to MHT was changed from 3:20pm to 10:15am. So much for going to AK on our final morning. :sad:

If it wasn't just a 4 night getaway it wouldn't be such a bummer...
our November trip is just 4 nights too which has me super anxious about our flights - Im trying to squeeze in as much Disney time as possible!

Our Sept 7th out of MCO to MHT was changed from 3:20pm to 10:15am. So much for going to AK on our final morning. :sad:

If it wasn't just a 4 night getaway it wouldn't be such a bummer...

You should have the option to change your flight at no cost. The link is in the email you received notifying you of the change you can select a later flight

You should have the option to change your flight at no cost. The link is in the email you received notifying you of the change you can select a later flight

yeah I know... but it was the only nonstop so my hands were tied.

But the good news is that I looked and I was able to get back 5600 points because it was less points then when I booked. It was that nervous moment when you cancel your flights to get the points back and then rebook it. It's never an issue with Jetblue because we have so many points with them that I will book the cheaper flight and then cancel the more expensive one. I didn't have that luxury this time with SW because I only had 120 points in reserve. :crazy: :crazy:

I didn’t get an email about them cancelling my flight but luckily I checked the boards before going to sleep and for some reason this thread was the one I checked. I had previously checked my flights on the southwest app (morning ) and they were unchanged - had I not checked the boards last night I might not have gotten another discounted night at wilderness lodge. So glad people commented on this thread about it. Also glad the Disney phone line was open past midnight. I was on hold an hour from 10:48-11:50 and on the phone making the changes until 12:30am. There was no supervisor to blend what ended up being 2 separate reservations at that time but got everything taken care of including my room request and new magical express info given.

We are flying in September for a wedding and then on to Seattle for a cruise, and just got an email that our flight was changed. Not a major deal, but now notice that it has 2 stops AND we arrive into Baltimore at 1:05PM, however, we're supposed to leave Baltimore at 12:45PM for our next leg. Explain how that's supposed to work out.

Looking at our other options, and none of them are good. All 2 stops either early morning or late at night. Ugh I love you SW, but why?!

Edit: The flight on the change email I received is different than what's showing in My Trips. So no idea what my actual flight is!

Last edited:
We are flying in September for a wedding and then on to Seattle for a cruise, and just got an email that our flight was changed. Not a major deal, but now notice that it has 2 stops AND we arrive into Baltimore at 1:05PM, however, we're supposed to leave Baltimore at 12:45PM for our next leg. Explain how that's supposed to work out.

Looking at our other options, and none of them are good. All 2 stops either early morning or late at night. Ugh I love you SW, but why?!

Edit: The flight on the change email I received is different than what's showing in My Trips. So no idea what my actual flight is!
SW can be a doozie at times with their flight changes -last year I received a flight notification email and when I went to their website to look at the actual flights, the one that they had me on didnt even exist!

I spoke to them via FB chat and they agreed that the flight wasn't even in their system - so she moved me to a new flight..

what a mess!

I don’t understand how SW is changing the boarding positions? Did you get 1 number when you checked in & then got a notification it changed? And is this only when traveling with or as a free companion? I paid for EBCI for both myself & my DH who is my CP. I don’t bother checking in right at 24 hours because of the EB so I guess I’ll never know if they do it to me. But I don’t blame anyone for getting mad if they push you back. I don’t remember seeing anything in the rules that say you must BOARD sequentially.
When we traveled in January, I had a companion pass. They did NOT move my husband down to match my number. He and my kids had A group and I had low B. So it either doesn't happen all the time or it's changed since January.

SW can be a doozie at times with their flight changes -last year I received a flight notification email and when I went to their website to look at the actual flights, the one that they had me on didnt even exist!

I spoke to them via FB chat and they agreed that the flight wasn't even in their system - so she moved me to a new flight..

what a mess!
Last year was crazy with the flight changes. We had it happen more than once that we were moved off of a flight that wasn't even canceled! They would move one of us and the other 3 were still on the original flight! It was bizarre. We just moved me back to the original flight.

what a mess!

I'm going to have to call or message on FB too - won't let me make changes online. It looks like I'm on half of one flight and the second half of another, which don't work together!

Sometimes, if your connecting flight departs earlier than the ETA of your originating flight, Southwest still is adjusting your reservation. Other times, their system has just slipped up.

One time, Southwest changed my nonstop to a connecting itinerary, but neglected to book the originating flight from my home airport to the connecting airport! Since flight #1 was not there, I was unable to change online, as the system said my reservation was from the city of the connecting flight to my destination. I had to contact Southwest to change.

Last year was crazy with the flight changes. We had it happen more than once that we were moved off of a flight that wasn't even canceled! They would move one of us and the other 3 were still on the original flight! It was bizarre. We just moved me back to the original flight.
I hear ya!! We flew 3xs on SW last year, Oct, Dec and Feb (2021) and all 3 flights were changed in some form and fashion - and NEVER for the better! :rotfl2:

Im SUPER DUPER nervous that our Nov flights will be changed too - even though travel seems to be more regular now, between the lack of flight staff, weather and plane issues I'm sure I'll get hosed on my current flights!

:headache:

I'm going to have to call or message on FB too - won't let me make changes online. It looks like I'm on half of one flight and the second half of another, which don't work together!
I've had good luck chatting with SW via FB messenger - they've always been able to fix/change our flight issues!

Good luck! 🤞

Try to t
I may have booked both SW and JetBlue flight for the 50th (9/30‐10/3). I wasn't risking losing out because one of them canceled my flight! I almost canceled tge duplicates yesterday but hearing that we're back to this fun...

Both are on points... so I'll cancel one, eventually.
Thank you. I’m going to go ahead and book a back up also. I’m not paying for my SW flight, work reimbursed me for it so worst case scenario is I lose out on $42. Hopefully I won’t have to go with Spiriit but it will atleast ease my mind a bit.

I’m debating moving our flight a day earlier. If I decide to change our flight can I do that online even with a CP attached? We got the change email with the link…

I’m debating moving our flight a day earlier. If I decide to change our flight can I do that online even with a CP attached? We got the change email with the link…
You have to cancel the CP first, then you can change your flight and then re-book the CP...

I've always been nervous about doing that myself so I've had them do that for me via FB messenger, but then the last time, they forgot to add my DH's CP flight both ways (they only re-booked 1 way) so I think next time I'll just do it myself!

You need to call them. They rebooked my dad and he had the same problem. They were treating the flights as single flights not a continuous one. I had to change him to the next day

You have to cancel the CP first, then you can change your flight and then re-book the CP...

I've always been nervous about doing that myself so I've had them do that for me via FB messenger, but then the last time, they forgot to add my DH's CP flight both ways (they only re-booked 1 way) so I think next time I'll just do it myself!

I am now too scared to do it myself because the flight they booked us on now shows unavailable!!! I’m afraid if I try to change it by removing DH first there will be some kind of problem and I’ll lose that flight and NOT get it changed!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter