Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

It's changed since January. January or February they started testing a couple different methods to ensure that CP holders were with their companion. Now it has started rolling out to more.
Makes sense. One of our flights they changed in January they moved me (the companion pass) to a totally different flight, leaving the rest of my family on the original flight. We got me moved back but we thought that was really weird.

Ok so I booked my return flight during the SWA birthday celebration at 50% off paying $52 for my flight than after the sale ended I realized that I had made a mistake and preferred an earlier flight so I paid another $60 to change my flight.
Boom!!! I just received an email from SWA that they changed my flight to the later flight I originally booked! I just can’t win. I had a similar situation with my flight in April...if I had just left the flights I booked originally and waited I would have be able to change at no charge.
I wonder how long this business of canceling/changing flights is going to last.
It seems like we should just book cheapest flights and wait to change at no charge.....but I guess that’s when they will stop all this business.

See if you can get a refund of the $60 you paid extra...

I've been watching for flights between BWI and MCO for early Dec - we are a family of 5 and the prices are making me nervous lol..... I've been spoiled with lots of cheap non stop flights for so many years.

UGH! I have lost all faith in SW at this point! We specifically booked a nonstop 3 hour flight because we are travelling with 5 toddlers. Not only did they change us, but now we have a 2 1/2 layover in Chicago (so total travel is now 6 3/4 hours)! (We live on the east coast, so that doesn't even logistically sense to me!) Choices are switch to the nonstop (arriving at 9pm (and pretty much wasting a 3 br GV for the night) or hang out with 5 under 5 at Chicago/Midway for 3 hours. Neither seems like great options to me.

UGH! I have lost all faith in SW at this point! We specifically booked a nonstop 3 hour flight because we are travelling with 5 toddlers. Not only did they change us, but now we have a 2 1/2 layover in Chicago (so total travel is now 6 3/4 hours)! (We live on the east coast, so that doesn't even logistically sense to me!) Choices are switch to the nonstop (arriving at 9pm (and pretty much wasting a 3 br GV for the night) or hang out with 5 under 5 at Chicago/Midway for 3 hours. Neither seems like great options to me.

Is there a late flight the day before & can you travel that day? Could look for a cheap room for that night. You can change to a flight that works better even if it’s a different day.

So our outbound flight got changed Sunday night. Just looked at the SW site & our 8:40 pm nonstop home doesn’t show anymore. There is a 5:30 now that wasn’t there before. No email yet.

Edit: just checked my account & yep, we’re now on the 5:30 flight. Got to go change my 4 pm Chefs of France ADR.

Last edited:
Just a request, if your flights are changing, would you mind giving dates? Trying to see what SW seems to be adjusting now...
September 20 but reverse from MCO to BWI.

Edited to add - Not flying SW down since I have Spirit credits expiring (and wondering what's going to happen with that flight. Been canceled 3x already to O'Hare, hoping to have better luck with MCO).

My flight times changed slightly for PHL to MCO and back on 9/11 and 9/18. Both are still non-stop, but both now depart close to an hour earlier. Not a big deal for us.

Is there a late flight the day before & can you travel that day? Could look for a cheap room for that night. You can change to a flight that works better even if it’s a different day.
I just ended up doing this - which admittedly isn't great but it also worked out for me. If it helps, I found a WDW room on Priceline (Sept 21) so that I can still use DME and Disney Transportation (I'm going from a one night at ASMu to AKL) and it makes all of the hassle a little bit less.

Sure, mine were Sept 9 & 16 from Buffalo.

Similar here - 9/22-9/25 (which has now become 9/21, and IND-MCO). Admittedly so far, the changes have actually worked in my favor but I recognize it can just as easily go another way - so I'm feeling anxious.

GAH! My direct flights for Sept. 29 - Oct. 3 just got changed!!! Manchester, NH to Orlando, FL for Disney's 50th! New times and the morning direct flights are gone and only one offered in the mid afternoon! GRRRRRR!!! Now trying to see if I can fly out of Portland, ME instead as that is my preferred airport! Change flight isn't working at the moment so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can get it changed! I'm really starting to lose respect for SW with all these flight changes! I've never have had so many issues as I have in the last couple of months.

Well, I might have won that one... original flight, 9/30 4pm JetBlue. JetBlue changed to 1pm. I don't want to take the day off. I book second flight on SW, figure worst case, I'll have a layover... but evening flights are stupidly expensive. Red banner comes up a couple months ago, switch it to a slightly later than JetBlue flight. Just check (no email notification), now 2 layovers... but there's a 6pm direct! Score! So my back-up is now my main flight... now to hope for better options on 10/3. Right now I have a 7am SW and a 10am JetBlue. Ok airline roulette, give me a 3pm direct please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter