Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

For anyone who flies out of PVD during April school vacation to MCO and tend to use points for their flights, could anyone give me a rough estimate on what to expect on opening day for direct flights? It will be my first time booking with points during that time. Trying to make sure I have enough points transferred over from Chase.
My guess is a going to be a total crapshoot guess for this year, considering it's Easter weekend and who knows where prices will stand. I would probably plan for 20,000 round trip per person. (I would hope it would be closer to 15-18k; that is what I consider decent point prices in years past for vacation weeks)

My guess is a going to be a total crapshoot guess for this year, considering it's Easter weekend and who knows where prices will stand. I would probably plan for 20,000 round trip per person. (I would hope it would be closer to 15-18k; that is what I consider decent point prices in years past for vacation weeks)
I was thinking in the ballpark of your numbers too so will err on the side of caution. Thanks!

For anyone who flies out of PVD during April school vacation to MCO and tend to use points for their flights, could anyone give me a rough estimate on what to expect on opening day for direct flights? It will be my first time booking with points during that time. Trying to make sure I have enough points transferred over from Chase.
The Chase points transfer to SW pretty much instantaneously so I wouldn’t worry about transferring them ahead of time. You can wait until the airfare is published to see what you need.

The Chase points transfer to SW pretty much instantaneously so I wouldn’t worry about transferring them ahead of time. You can wait until the airfare is published to see what you need.
Most of the time, there are exceptions, especially if it's your first transfer. My first transfer took three days, and I've had one other that took 24 hours.

You can check your point activity on southwest.com. Sign in then click “my account”. Down the right side you will see point activity. Click “all activity“ and you will see all the points you’ve ever earned from all sources with the dates they posted(not date earned).

It appears that most of it is compressing the schedule, what gets cancelled are the very early or very late flights. I have no analysis of this, just what I've seen most people complaining about. I think a 6pm is generally safer than a 530 am, but there is no guarantee of anything right now.
I can definitely tell that the flights out of RDU to MCO are sketchy - here is what is showing for RDU-MCO on Nov. 11th when we fly out..

so if your theory pans out, which it seems reasonable it should, then the earliest flights have layovers, so the non-stop we're on at 7:35am should be "safe"??

and then on our return flight on the 14th:

We should also be OK with the nonstop at 10:20 as it's not the earliest, nor the latest - and not the afternoon flight....

but they're also the only nonstops offered...I wonder if that helps us or hurts us..

The details say revenue flight. Would this include flights that are booked with points or LUV vouchers?
Flights booked on points for sure wouldn't be included as they don't consider reward bookings to be revenue earning tickets. The LUV Vouchers should work as it's simply a form of payment towards a cash ticket, just like travel funds.

I already have a CP valid thru 2022. Am I eligible to use this promo and get a second CP? Saw conflicting info online and it wasn’t specified in the fine print…
When they ran this promotion last year, only one CP per person was allowed. I had previously earned their promotional CP, but about a month later earned an actual CP. With the way their system works, the earned CP superseded the promotional CP since it had a later expiration date.

I already have a CP valid thru 2022. Am I eligible to use this promo and get a second CP? Saw conflicting info online and it wasn’t specified in the fine print…
The promo offer’s only valid to earn CP for not quite the first two months of 2022. You stated that you already have CP valid thru the entire year of 2022. As the Passholder, you must be ticketed to have someone fly with you for free, so I am not quite sure of your question. A customer is not allowed to double-book, nor hold more than one CP at a time. You can’t book a flight for yourself and have two others fly for free, as a benefit of your single ticket.

Rules and regulations

Last edited:
The promo offer’s only valid to earn CP for not quite the first two months of 2022. You stated that you already have CP valid thru the entire year of 2022. As the Passholder, you must be ticketed to have someone fly with you for free, so I am not quite sure of your question. A customer is not allowed to double-book, nor hold more than one CP at a time. You can’t book a flight for yourself and have two others fly for free, as a benefit of your single ticket.

Rules and regulations

Thanks. That was my question about 2 CP at the same time. We are a family of 5 so I just realized I can purchase a ticket with my daughters RR and she can earn a CP for us to take a family trip at that time next year :). At least 5 of us can fly fir the price of 3!!

For those interested in the current CP promo, you need to ask yourself if you would ordinarily or plan to be flying during the short 53 day period in January and February 2022 that the promotional CP will be valid. I think that Southwest is projecting those days as slow, so they want to fill seats.

The flight that needs to be taken by Nov to earn this deal, can you change that flight and still get the companion pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter