• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Not sure if anyone is familiar with this route or not. I will be flying PHL-STL-DAL. SW changed the flight so now there’s only a 40 min layover in STL. There really are no other flights/times on other airlines that will work for us, so we are going to risk it and just hope the first flight arrives in STL on time and hope that we can get to board onto the DAL flight.
A couple of questions, though…
1) We are going to use our complimentary EBCI for this flight. I’ve never used EBCI before, so can anyone tell me if it will apply to both flights?
2) Do you think we will be better off checking bags or bringing our carryons? (I was hoping for the four of us to carry on but got a panicked image in my head where we just make it before the gate closes, but then there’s nowhere for us to put our bags. I’ll be carrying some medical devices with us as well so it’s necessary for them to come with us.)
3) What kind of compensation should we expect if SW gets us to our connection too late? I know other airlines will rebook and then give some type of voucher typically.

I know these are all “what if” scenarios and my mileage will vary, I’m just getting excited and anxious for our trip and looking for best guesses/opinions. Thanks in advance!

Now I have another question, I want to use our complimentary EBCI given from our credit cards. DH and myself have several cards that offer this, some in his name and some in mine. On an upcoming trip, my family of 4 is booked on one reservation under my points. I want to use our complimentary EBCIs for all of us. Would anyone mind walking me through the process? I can’t really find anything recent in my online search.

Now I have another question, I want to use our complimentary EBCI given from our credit cards. DH and myself have several cards that offer this, some in his name and some in mine. On an upcoming trip, my family of 4 is booked on one reservation under my points. I want to use our complimentary EBCIs for all of us. Would anyone mind walking me through the process? I can’t really find anything recent in my online search.

You pay for it with your eligible SW card and then it gets refunded.

Just providing info in case it's helpful for anyone. We used SW for a quick Fri-Sun trip last weekend (3/4-6). We much prefer an early direct, but only had the option of a 11:50am-1:40pm RDU-> MCO if we wanted direct. We returned on Sunday morning 9:30am-11:20am MCO--> RDU. Both flights were 100% full, both flights left on time and landed a little early. Would have been earlier if departure and landing paths weren't from the opposite direction as the flight itself. We used EBCI on both, 1 leg booked about a week in advance, got A59,60 and 1 booked after getting to MCO for the return: got A54, 55.

We were 4 hrs 30 mins from our house to POP on the way down and 4 hours POP to our house on the way back. Not bad! We may have pushed it arriving at MCO just an hour before boarding, but security was fast this time (maybe 8-10 mins).

Just providing info in case it's helpful for anyone. We used SW for a quick Fri-Sun trip last weekend (3/4-6). We much prefer an early direct, but only had the option of a 11:50am-1:40pm RDU-> MCO if we wanted direct. We returned on Sunday morning 9:30am-11:20am MCO--> RDU. Both flights were 100% full, both flights left on time and landed a little early. Would have been earlier if departure and landing paths weren't from the opposite direction as the flight itself. We used EBCI on both, 1 leg booked about a week in advance, got A59,60 and 1 booked after getting to MCO for the return: got A54, 55.

We were 4 hrs 30 mins from our house to POP on the way down and 4 hours POP to our house on the way back. Not bad! We may have pushed it arriving at MCO just an hour before boarding, but security was fast this time (maybe 8-10 mins).
I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a layover on my return flight in September. I don't want to leave that early MCO-->RDU and it seems they're only offering one nonstop per day at the moment.

Flight 0930 Sunday morning after the time change. Do I check in 24 clock hours before my flight at 0930 Saturday or 24 actual hours before my flight at 0830 Saturday?

Does anyone here use the rapid rewards dining to get extra points? Do those count towards the companion pass points?

Flight 0930 Sunday morning after the time change. Do I check in 24 clock hours before my flight at 0930 Saturday or 24 actual hours before my flight at 0830 Saturday?
Actual 24 hours at 8:30. I made that mistake last year. Luckily I wasn't the only one and still got a mid B boarding pass 15 minutes after the 24 hour mark.

Not sure if anyone is familiar with this route or not. I will be flying PHL-STL-DAL. SW changed the flight so now there’s only a 40 min layover in STL. There really are no other flights/times on other airlines that will work for us, so we are going to risk it and just hope the first flight arrives in STL on time and hope that we can get to board onto the DAL flight.
A couple of questions, though…
1) We are going to use our complimentary EBCI for this flight. I’ve never used EBCI before, so can anyone tell me if it will apply to both flights?
2) Do you think we will be better off checking bags or bringing our carryons? (I was hoping for the four of us to carry on but got a panicked image in my head where we just make it before the gate closes, but then there’s nowhere for us to put our bags. I’ll be carrying some medical devices with us as well so it’s necessary for them to come with us.)
3) What kind of compensation should we expect if SW gets us to our connection too late? I know other airlines will rebook and then give some type of voucher typically.

I know these are all “what if” scenarios and my mileage will vary, I’m just getting excited and anxious for our trip and looking for best guesses/opinions. Thanks in advance!
Just a quick note, if southwest changes your flight, you have the option to rebook for free. My flight got rescheduled by SW (and a few pages up a lot of folks are saying the same), and I got a mail saying I can rebook without cost for up to 14 days of the scheduled flight. The only problem is that you can't do it online (it will charge you), so you have to call and do it. So, as long as there is another flight (you can even change the days of travel) with an open seat, I believe they will give it to you.

If you are concerned about connecting flight, you might want explore the rebooking option.

Edit: Others seem to have had better luck with changing flights online for no cost, maybe I did not check the mail soon enough.

Last edited:
Wondering if more changes are coming. Just went in to check my March 31-April 10 flight and all of the connecting flights MCO-BWI-PVD on April 10 are "unavailable" in all price categories. My direct 10 pm flight is still there...thinking more adjustments are being made.

Just a quick note, if southwest changes your flight, you have the option to rebook for free. My flight got rescheduled by SW (and a few pages up a lot of folks are saying the same), and I got a mail saying I can rebook without cost for up to 14 days of the scheduled flight. The only problem is that you can't do it online (it will charge you), so you have to call and do it. So, as long as there is another flight (you can even change the days of travel) with an open seat, I believe they will give it to you.

If you are concerned about connecting flight, you might want explore the rebooking option.
You should be able to do it online- if you have the red banner about the flight change on your SW online account, you go in to change flight and the available flights you can change to should have a $0 in the new fare price.

You should be able to do it online- if you have the red banner about the flight change on your SW online account, you go in to change flight and the available flights you can change to should have a $0 in the new fare price.
I've done it online a number of times myself. As @aokeefe says, I enter the changes I want to make and when I look at the price being charged it's always said $0.00.

Just a quick note, if southwest changes your flight, you have the option to rebook for free. My flight got rescheduled by SW (and a few pages up a lot of folks are saying the same), and I got a mail saying I can rebook without cost for up to 14 days of the scheduled flight. The only problem is that you can't do it online (it will charge you), so you have to call and do it.

I also wanted to say that when I've been notified of a schedule change, I've been able (very easily, actually) to change to another flight online at no cost.

For my last trip, the schedule change was great because I could move to a flight I really wanted (on a Friday vs. the original Wednesday) that otherwise was prohibitively expensive.

Edit: Others seem to have had better luck with changing flights online for no cost, maybe I did not check the mail soon enough.
Thank you! I did have the option but unfortunately we are stuck with this flight as there really weren’t any other options that would work for us. I’m super nervous but at the point where I really don’t have another choice unfortunately.

Southwest is going to have a bad couple of days. My flight home got this afternoon got canceled at around 8:30 am - I assume due to the terrible storms throughout the Southeast yesterday. I got rebooked immediately to a later time today with a connection, and within an hour there were no flights available to my home airport (Columbus OH) until Monday. Oh boy, I hope I do not have to spend all night tonight in an airport!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter