Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

**BAG UPDATE**

We received a phone call from the BWI luggage office last night - of course we were eating dinner and missed the call - and they told us they had my husbands bag and to call back....but failed to leave a #..and when he tried to call back the # they called from it was not an "incoming phone line".... :headache:

After chatting with SW via FB, they provided us the # and we called back and actually got a person on try #2!

They HAD HIS BAG!! Apparently BOTH the long baggage claim sticker thingy was GONE along with his personal ID tag but they found his previous tag from our trip down to MCO and tracked him down that way... :confused3

anyway...after verifying that it was indeed him since the tag on the bag said his name but for some reason when SW checked us in at the A-List desk they put his bag under MY NAME - they sent it out on the late night flight last night and I called this am and ITS HERE!!!

WOOT!! He's going to swing by the airport sometime today and pick it up!
:dancer:

PHEW..that was a hot mess and I'd like to never repeat that travel day!!

I also wanted to say that when I've been notified of a schedule change, I've been able (very easily, actually) to change to another flight online at no cost.

For my last trip, the schedule change was great because I could move to a flight I really wanted (on a Friday vs. the original Wednesday) that otherwise was prohibitively expensive.

Really? SW changed my April flight back in February. I noticed in the app on 2/15 before they notified me via email on 2/26. When I called, the agent told me I could change to any other flight available without cost (i.e. no change fee) but if the total was more expensive, then I would owe the difference. Is that not correct? We are losing a day of our WDW trip since they moved the flight up one day, and we now have a layover (previous route was non-stop). I'm beyond pissed, but I understand, and made the decision not to pay extra for another flight. (I booked this one the day spring flights opened.) The agent did tell me I could rebook to/from the same destinations online, but I had to call to rebook from a different destination.

Now I'm wondering what is correct. I found other options at a different departing airport, but they were significantly more, so I didn't try for them due to her comment about me being responsible to pay the difference in flight costs. Can anyone confirm what I was told was accurate? Is there a timeframe by which to make changes?

Really? SW changed my April flight back in February. I noticed in the app on 2/15 before they notified me via email on 2/26. When I called, the agent told me I could change to any other flight available without cost (i.e. no change fee) but if the total was more expensive, then I would owe the difference. Is that not correct? We are losing a day of our WDW trip since they moved the flight up one day, and we now have a layover (previous route was non-stop). I'm beyond pissed, but I understand, and made the decision not to pay extra for another flight. (I booked this one the day spring flights opened.) The agent did tell me I could rebook to/from the same destinations online, but I had to call to rebook from a different destination.

Now I'm wondering what is correct. I found other options at a different departing airport, but they were significantly more, so I didn't try for them due to her comment about me being responsible to pay the difference in flight costs. Can anyone confirm what I was told was accurate? Is there a timeframe by which to make changes?
When they changed my April flight I got a notice that I had 14 days to change to a different flight for no additional charge. I, like you, noticed before they changed my May flight and changed it first and since I initiated the change before they did, I actually got a credit back. I think if I had waited it would be no charge but also no credit....I don't know about changing to a different airport though.

When they changed my April flight I got a notice that I had 14 days to change to a different flight for no additional charge. I, like you, noticed before they changed my May flight and changed it first and since I initiated the change before they did, I actually got a credit back. I think if I had waited it would be no charge but also no credit....I don't know about changing to a different airport though.
You have to call to switch airports- you are not allowed to do that online.

Southwest's FAQ (https://www.southwest.com/faq/changing-flights) says: "If you have been affected by an involuntary change, you can change your flight date/time by up to 14 days from your original travel date at no additional cost."

In my experience the parameters were: Southwest instigated the changes to my flight (time/number/etc). Then online, I could change to any other flight within 14 days of original departure, and within the same city pairs. So the last time I did this, I changed my MHT to MCO flight (same city pairs) from a Wednesday to a Friday (two days later). Keeping the same city pairs and staying with 14 days of original departure is what I could do without paying anything else (dollars or points).

Changing the city pairs wouldn't be covered by this -- then it'd become a "regular" change were you'd be responsible for the price difference (or get a travel credit if it's less).

Can anyone with an upcoming flight in the next month check to see if they are able to change their flight online (without actually changing it). I'm getting an error message saying I can not change my flight online and must call SWA. I've never seen this before so curious if it's a glitch or something is going on. (I must check multiple times a day if an earlier flight on my departure day opens up)

Can anyone with an upcoming flight in the next month check to see if they are able to change their flight online (without actually changing it). I'm getting an error message saying I can not change my flight online and must call SWA. I've never seen this before so curious if it's a glitch or something is going on. (I must check multiple times a day if an earlier flight on my departure day opens up)
I usually check my flights every day. This morning I got that error on both of my May flights, and one of my August flights. The "lucky" fare sale must have broken something.

I usually check my flights every day. This morning I got that error on both of my May flights, and one of my August flights. The "lucky" fare sale must have broken something.
Thank you- guess a definite glitch. I went to check my departure flights and all flights showed available- even the Wanna Get Away fares (none have been available for months). So I go to change, it won't allow me. I go to recheck and all fares are unavailable. This was all within 5 minutes.

thank you for posting. I’m getting the same. I hope it clears up. I’m freaking out that I have to call. Lmk if anything changes.

thank you for posting. I’m getting the same. I hope it clears up. I’m freaking out that I have to call. Lmk if anything changes.
I think it's fixed now- I'm able to change my flights online (though still don't have a flight to change it too though. :tongue:)

I think it's fixed now- I'm able to change my flights online (though still don't have a flight to change it too though. :tongue:)

I know. The prices are outrages. kicking myself for not booking earlier. Thanks for the update.

I have a SW flight on April 2nd and I made a switch just this morning with no error message (lots of checking also before I made the swap).

Didn’t you have to pay a fare increase?
Yes, $25 pp (I'd also found a small credit in my account I didn't realize I'd had :)). But I had no errors when switching.

Our original flight had us landing late at night and at the time I booked, I'd needed a nighttime flight, but that's changed. Decided it was worth it to jump to get an earlier flight that lands us mid-afternoon.

Agree Totally - If/when we go in July we'll be the same with the air: SW on Saturday and American mid-week. So weird SW is giving away business.

Our direct flights to/from RDU-MCO on the first Friday and Sunday in March were completely full. Not sure why they only have 1 per day on that route now.

Our direct flights to/from RDU-MCO on the first Friday and Sunday in March were completely full. Not sure why they only have 1 per day on that route now.
AGREED!

We flew from RDU to MCO on March 5th and took the early am direct flight to MCO - it was fabulous getting to Disney so early but on our return trip to RDU on Friday the 11th, we had a MCO-BWI-RDU flight and it was a nightmare..

I did talk to DH last night about his thoughts on splitting flights on 2 different airlines - and taking whichever ones have direct flights - he was agreeable but didnt want to pay out the nose for the non-SW flights since we fly on points...

ugh

and I have RDU-MCO flights to book for October at the end of this month and I'm SUPER worried about what my options will be!

I did talk to DH last night about his thoughts on splitting flights on 2 different airlines - and taking whichever ones have direct flights - he was agreeable but didnt want to pay out the nose for the non-SW flights since we fly on points...

i totally understand. I spent/ charged a fortune on my SW card to qualify for a companion pass for this year. Plus we have 275,000 points. But after months of SW cancelling & changing flights, the last round was enough. I cancelled our SW flights & booked on Jetblue for our April trip. Nonstop each way & decent prices. JB has similar flights & prices for the other weeks we’re considering for later in the year. I’m seriously considering just booking those now & not even waiting for SW’s release. The SW points don’t expire so I could use them next year or when ever they get their act together.

I figure not dealing with the stress SW was causing me is worth the price of the JB flights.

**BAG UPDATE**

We received a phone call from the BWI luggage office last night - of course we were eating dinner and missed the call - and they told us they had my husbands bag and to call back....but failed to leave a #..and when he tried to call back the # they called from it was not an "incoming phone line".... :headache:

After chatting with SW via FB, they provided us the # and we called back and actually got a person on try #2!

They HAD HIS BAG!! Apparently BOTH the long baggage claim sticker thingy was GONE along with his personal ID tag but they found his previous tag from our trip down to MCO and tracked him down that way... :confused3

anyway...after verifying that it was indeed him since the tag on the bag said his name but for some reason when SW checked us in at the A-List desk they put his bag under MY NAME - they sent it out on the late night flight last night and I called this am and ITS HERE!!!

WOOT!! He's going to swing by the airport sometime today and pick it up!
:dancer:

PHEW..that was a hot mess and I'd like to never repeat that travel day!!

What an absolute nightmare! This makes me very motivated to consider only bringing carry on luggage for our trip in October!

What an absolute nightmare! This makes me very motivated to consider only bringing carry on luggage for our trip in October!
it was the WORST....and here's the icing on the cake..

when DH went to fetch his bag from the SW luggage office we had been told that there were "no tags" on the bag and that's why it took so long to get in touch with us - and I will admit that the white, really long sticky tag that SW put on the bag was MIA...however his PERSONAL tag with his name, address and cell # were clearly still on the bag!! They said that that tag "didn't count" when it came to finding the owner.... :headache: :confused3

There is NO WAY that I could only pack a carry on bag for a 6 night stay @ Disney..I need too many "things" as I'm high maintenance!! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter