Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

So anyone have an opinion as to which is better: a full 6:30 pm flight or a less crowded 9:30 pm flight between MCO and BWI? also the 6:30 pm flight is via a 737-700 plane vs. a 9:30 pm flight via 737-800 plane.

So anyone have an opinion as to which is better: a full 6:30 pm flight or a less crowded 9:30 pm flight between MCO and BWI? also the 6:30 pm flight is via a 737-700 plane vs. a 9:30 pm flight via 737-800 plane.
I'm curious as to how you know the flight is full vs. the one that is less crowded? But to answer your question, I would go with the 6:30 PM flight.
As the day wears on, flights can get delayed for various reasons so the extra 3 hours [earlier] is worth it in my mind. Generally speaking, there are 40 extra seats on an 800 series vs. 700 series so could be a factor in what you're seeing for current flight capacity.

I'm curious as to how you know the flight is full vs. the one that is less crowded? But to answer your question, I would go with the 6:30 PM flight.
As the day wears on, flights can get delayed for various reasons so the extra 3 hours [earlier] is worth it in my mind. Generally speaking, there are 40 extra seats on an 800 series vs. 700 series so could be a factor in what you're seeing for current flight capacity.

i know the 6:30 pm flight is full since I already have a ticket for that flight and there are no longer any seats available and there are still seats available on the 9:30 pm flight at all price tiers.
possibility of delays for that later flight is a good point...I have been trying to decide whether to keep my current flight or change to the later one. Thanks

Didn’t you have to pay a fare increase?
I know I'm late to the game. I just haven't been in this board for quite some time.
But in Feb , my flights were changed. The new flights I chose were only $5 each for 2 of us and I was charged the d8fference. My daughter made the same flight change the next day and wasn't charged the difference

i know the 6:30 pm flight is full since I already have a ticket for that flight and there are no longer any seats available and there are still seats available on the 9:30 pm flight at all price tiers.
possibility of delays for that later flight is a good point...I have been trying to decide whether to keep my current flight or change to the later one. Thanks

When is your flight. Flights on SW often show as unavailable but then reopen days later. And although not to BWI, I have seen flights to/ from Buffalo show seats available night before then be full the day of. You just can’t predict one way or the other.

Leaving next weekend. Booked the Early Bird Check-in for the first time. Do I really not need to do anything for check-in?

Also, if our flight is canceled, any idea how long before the funds are refunded? I guess we will need to drive as there is already nothing available via SW at multiple airports. Our flight has already been changed once (we lost a day of our trip), so I'm hoping that's the extent of it, but trying to be flexible just in case.

Leaving next weekend. Booked the Early Bird Check-in for the first time. Do I really not need to do anything for check-in?

Also, if our flight is canceled, any idea how long before the funds are refunded? I guess we will need to drive as there is already nothing available via SW at multiple airports. Our flight has already been changed once (we lost a day of our trip), so I'm hoping that's the extent of it, but trying to be flexible just in case.

You'll still need to go through the check-in process at 24 hours (or any time after) to get your boarding pass, but the actual checking in takes place at T-36.

You'll still need to go through the check-in process at 24 hours (or any time after) to get your boarding pass, but the actual checking in takes place at T-36.
This, I usually go ahead and check in whenever I notice the notification on my phone.
As soon as you call to get it refunded. If you do nothing the computer system will try to rebook you, if that is not possible for some reason they will give you a TravelFund. To get an actual refund you have to call in and wait.

I guess my deciding factor would be the distance from BWI to my house. We live about 1 hr. 45 mins. from BWI so I'd want to take the earlier flight so I don't get home to my house so late.

I guess my deciding factor would be the distance from BWI to my house. We live about 1 hr. 45 mins. from BWI so I'd want to take the earlier flight so I don't get home to my house so late.
I live about 2 hrs 45 min from BWI but I was planning on staying overnight at my Moms (25 min from BWI) and going home next day.

Just PSA........I have a flight on Friday out of Philadelphia. no curbside check for SW. I checked last night.

So sad, it's such a help to get rid of bags in the first 10 mins.

Last edited:
Just PSA........I have a fight on Friday out of Philadelphia. no curbside check for SW. I checked last night.

So sad, it's such a help to get rid of bags in the first 10 mins.
Bummer! That was clutch when we had 3 preschoolers, two strollers, and luggage for the five of us!!

Bummer! That was clutch when we had 3 preschoolers, two strollers, and luggage for the five of us!!

Yeah, there are just the two of us, but DH uses a rollator, so not much help with luggage. We'll have two medium bags and two carry on (like back packs). I'll do the luggage and he can carry a backpack on his rollator. But the sooner we get rid of luggage the better.

This is on on the web site, Does this mean the schedule will not open until after 7am for new reservations?

Rapid Rewards Maintenance
We're making a few updates to our Rapid Rewards experience between 11 p.m. on 3/29 and 7 a.m. on 3/30. This means you won’t be able to access the My Account section or book/change flights using your Rapid Rewards account on Southwest.com or through the app. We'll be up and running soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter