Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I have no idea where you would be. Who are you traveling with? Are you worried that you won't all sit together? Chances are that you will at least be close to each other even if you're not right next to each other.

I know if a parent wanted to sit with his/her child, I would move over to help that happen. I'm sure a lot of others would do the same.

I have no idea where you would be. Who are you traveling with? Are you worried that you won't all sit together? Chances are that you will at least be close to each other even if you're not right next to each other.

I know if a parent wanted to sit with his/her child, I would move over to help that happen. I'm sure a lot of others would do the same.

Thanks. I know I am asking you to look into your crystal ball and speculate what 'could' happen. Just wondered if anyone had experience with a full flight and either adding EBCI super late or not adding it at all and what the outcome was.

I appreciate your help :thanks:

I just found out that our return flight on SW (Oct. 31st) is completely sold out (verified on the phone with agent). We did not purchase the Early-Bird Check-In when we booked the tickets almost 5 months ago (I feel sick :sick:)

In your opinion, is it worth it to purchase the EBCI for our family of 4 (ages 13 and up) this late in the game? If so, any guesses on what boarding we are likely to get?

Thanks for you help!

ETA: I've been all over the internet to see if EBCI is worth it and have read several stories where people that didn't use it but that did check-in at exactly the 24 hour mark, got a better boarding position than the EBCI people. Does this happen frequently? I called SW twice and asked what the benefit of EBCI would be and was told that I may get a little better position but the biggest benefit is that I don't have to remember to check-in since the system will do it for me....Is that really the biggest benefit? I am so confused now :confused3 $50 bucks is $50 bucks...
Can someone without EBCI get a better boarding slot than you, if you've paid for EBCI? Sure. Someone could cancel their flight, and the next person booking EBCI could possibly get that recently vacated spot. Or someone could pay more for their fare than you did...they will get a higher slot.
The best thing about EBCI is that I don't have to worry about checking in. That's why it's called 'early bird check in'...not 'better boarding slot check in'.
You always have to assume that a flight is going to be either full or pretty close to full these days. Airlines aren't flying planes with many empty seats anymore...especially to high demand destinations, like WDW.

Any guesses as to where we may end up as far as boarding position (with and without the EBCI)? I know it's only a guess but I'm just curious at what we could be looking at with a sold out flight since we've never flown when the flight was full.

It seems to me that anyone that wanted EBCI already purchased it, and then the rest is families with kids 4 and under who don't need to purchase it because of automatic family boarding position. I'd hate to dump $50 if we still end up with the C position, ya know? :crazy2:
No idea. But, you need to decide if you want to take a chance and end up way to the end of the boarding process by not buying EBCI, or pay for it now, at this late date, and at least be in front of some people. Will you get in the A group? Nope. You might get into the B group though....possibly. I highly doubt that at this point, your group will not be seated together without paying for EBCI...and even then it could be a possibility.

Thanks. I know I am asking you to look into your crystal ball and speculate what 'could' happen. Just wondered if anyone had experience with a full flight and either adding EBCI super late or not adding it at all and what the outcome was.

I appreciate your help :thanks:

DH and I were traveling to.from Puerto Rico on SW, we did NOT purchase EBCI but I did log in first thing on the outbound trip and got us pretty decent boarding numbers - well, on the way home I totally forgot (since we were on vacation) and by the time I checked us in online we were in the back of the line! We knew the flight would be super booked and we paid like $40/person at the gate for EBCI and it was SO worth it - we were like the 3rd people on the plane!

My thought is it's NEVER a frivolous cost b/c it's worth it to us to (1) get the seats we want (2) get our bags put away!!

When can I expect to see fares released for end of June 2016? I am assuming end of December?

I currently have flights booked for March, but will be changing them to June...just wondering how long I have to be impatient ;)

I'm in the same boat waiting for those June dates to open up. :) Was so mad that the latest update showed flights until June 3, when we leave on June 5. :|

Just have to keep checking this site:

https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html

FWIW, the last two times we booked flights for June, in 2013 and 2011, my e-mails show me purchasing the tickets in mid-November.

Check your flights folks! I just checked our November trip and it dropped over $40!! Hello credit!!

Hey guys! Quick question about SW flights. If I book a flight with $ instead of points, and then sometime before the flight I have enough points in cash to cover the cost of the flight, can I "change" the flight and get a refund to my credit card for the $ paid, and re-book it using points? Hopefully that makes sense.

I know that sounds confusing and generally they'll refund you the $ with a credit (which would probably be OK given that we travel at least once a year).. but just thought I would check. Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I can't find it. Can you transfer points to a family member? I have a lot of points with Southwest and my 22 year old son will be going to Disney next year with his aunt and I want to know if I can book his flight with my points? I never have a problem with my husband using my points but I am always traveling with him. Thanks everyone.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I can't find it. Can you transfer points to a family member? I have a lot of points with Southwest and my 22 year old son will be going to Disney next year with his aunt and I want to know if I can book his flight with my points? I never have a problem with my husband using my points but I am always traveling with him. Thanks everyone.

You cannot transfer points but like you said you can book flights for him with your points. It will not be a problem at all and it will be treated like any other flight reservation.

DH and I thought the release would happen at midnight, so got up to check. We were disappointed, and still don ' see the dates yet. Hopefully in a few minutes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter