Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I would book the flights as one way flights, that way you only have to worry about changing the return flights and not risking the fare going up on your flight down there.

I just wanted to point out that booking the flights as one way isn't necessary. I purchased the tickets yesterday, checked the fares this morning. Our flight TO MCO went up in price but the later flight we want back home went down in price, the same price as we paid for the early flight. I could make that change without have to pay the difference of the total RT ticket which would have been $22 more.

I am wondering the same thing...SW is expected to open booking for Nov-Jan in early May... At what time do they typically open booking and in what time zone? We live in EST and I am wondering if I stay up til midnight will that be when it opens? Or do I set an alarm for 3am? Or some other time? THanks!

Any chance of SW fares going back down?? I was watching an October RT flight - two tickets $365... checked today - more than doubled! OUCH! Of course, kicking myself but I needed to make sure all was good with the dates. A little fluctuation is expected - double HURTS! THanks for any info. (This is Ric to MCO - 10/2 - 10/9).

To all the experts out there....if I booked RT is it possible to switch one way to points instead without canceling the whole trip?

To all the experts out there....if I booked RT is it possible to switch one way to points instead without canceling the whole trip?
If you booked a wanna get away fair you won't be refunded and you will still need to use those funds with in a year of the date you booked.

Any chance of SW fares going back down?? I was watching an October RT flight - two tickets $365... checked today - more than doubled! OUCH! Of course, kicking myself but I needed to make sure all was good with the dates. A little fluctuation is expected - double HURTS! THanks for any info. (This is Ric to MCO - 10/2 - 10/9).

I have found in the past that when SW opens up the next block of dates the October flights will drop a bit. Also, more flights may be added depending on your dates.

Hi….it’s my first time on the transportation board; please be gentle! Over on another board someone mentioned having received a SW offer for $39 o/w DEN to SNA. I asked if anyone had details on that, and how they were able to receive such a great offer, but no one responded back. I receive the standard Click ‘n Save e-mails and I am a new RR Visa cardholder as well. Just the other day I was pricing out DEN to SNA because I would love to surprise DS8 with a little trip to DL for his birthday. But the only way that is happening is with free or nearly free flights! If anyone has any info on this offer, I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks so much!

I'll be interested to hear about that fare but I've never been that lucky out of DEN

I have a question for the experts. This is complicated-- My daughter purchased a package last year via Southwest Vacations. Her 'friend' cancelled the trip 2 weeks before without telling her (yep someone else can cancel your airline ticket when a package is purchased with separate credit cards). Anyway that was a sad mess-- DD had travel funds for the airline ticket part which she needed to use by July 2015, she purchased another RT for a trip this June. She used Travel funds + credit card. NOW she has a possible internship on the opposite coast and won't be able to go on this trip. The outgoing leg would fall within her expiration date but not the return. Would the additional CC money she paid be good for a year from when she rebooked? Or would we have to pay for an extension? I'm sure I'm making this more complicated than need be but I've only used travel funds once and it wasn't this mess!
Thanks!

Sending some pixie dust for all of the Southwest airfare watchers for October and November. I'm watching closely too. Way too expensive now. This thread is helpful. Thanks.

I have a questions about SW points. I have 8 in my party. I have enough points to maybe get 3-4 with my points and the rest I would pay for tickets. Do I have to book my points flight first and then the other on another booking? What if their isn't enough room on the plane for all of us and I won't know until I go to book the last 3-4 people?

Thank you! This board is great!

Ok I'm a bit confused by the discussions. Some recommend to book your departing trip one way as soon as SW releases the flight and then wait to book your return until the next month gets released. So I'm going in October, I should book my departing trip now and then wait until the 14th when the nov/dec flights go on sale to book my return. Is that correct? Why book separately? I thought you could change only one leg of the flight by calling? Is that not the case anymore? We haven't flown SW in a few years and are going back to it. Thanks!

Why book separately? I thought you could change only one leg of the flight by calling? Is that not the case anymore? We haven't flown SW in a few years and are going back to it. Thanks!
You book now because prices could go up. If prices go down, you can "change your flight" and get a credit usable for 1yr from date of purchase.

And you can change any part of your flight at anytime online. If you booked a RT and wanted to change only the return flight it's pretty easy online. HOWEVER, if you book 3 people RT all on the same confirmation code, you'd have to make changes to all 3 online. To make changes to 1 person, you'd have to call.

And having 2 OneWay isn't much different from RT. You just have an extra confirm code to keep track.

ok - crazy booking question. The four of us are flying into orlando on december 18th. one of us has to fly home from orlando on 12/27. The rest of us will fly home from ft lauderdale on 12/30. How do I book this when the flights open. Do I do one way for the four of us first? Than another transaction for the three of us? and then another one for my husbands flight back? I want to be as fast as possible....but have never had to book like this before

First time SWA flyer here (Canadian, but it's close to 700$ cheaper to drive 4h to the US and fly out there!)

I booked our flights about 2 weeks ago, the day before there were no Wanna Get Away fares, so when I saw them available the next day I booked. Today they price went down 50$/pp for the return trip so I change to that price.

I know I have a year to use the credits (I assume they mean fly by then, not just book by that day and fly out passed that day), but I am going with my parents and I didn't sign them up for rapid rewards. Should I do that? Will that make it easier to use the credits or it doesn't really make a difference? I probably will anyhow, but just want to check!

Thanks! :)

I am wondering the same thing...SW is expected to open booking for Nov-Jan in early May... At what time do they typically open booking and in what time zone? We live in EST and I am wondering if I stay up til midnight will that be when it opens? Or do I set an alarm for 3am? Or some other time? THanks!

I'm wondering about the time also. Any ideas?

For those with more flying experience than me: I am waiting for flights to be released tomorrow. Are the flights really cheaper when they are first released, or does it just depend? I'm just not sure what to expect. I've never booked right when they were released-this is probably the furthest in advance that I've got my hotel booked. The lowest I usually see flights from my area is right around $115 (one way) and that's during a sale. Do they typically start there and go up as more people book? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter