Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I check 2 or 3 times a day. So far, so good. I did have one slight change to my flight coming home. They moved it up by o my 15 minutes. Other than that, no changes so far.
This morning I received the dreaded red lined change notification about our arrival flight into Orlando in December. Thankfully, it was only a 15 minute change...from 6:05 am to 6:20am. Somehow I don't think this will be the last email we get.....

Is anyone still checking the SW website 2xs a day to check and make sure your upcoming flights are still there??

.....Just me?? :rolleyes1

Good to know! :crazy2:

so far my 2 non-stop flights over Veteran's Day week/weekend are still there *knocks on wood* :flower1: but boy have the prices/points shot up!! I originally booked (the moment they were released months ago) for just over 9k points/ticket and they're 26.7k now! :faint:

and I'm also checking on my new flights for March I booked on the 16th - no changes to those yet, but I'm sure some will happen since of course I booked the "first out, non-stop" flight of the day which so far, over the last year SW has always cancelled....but a girl can dream, right?

49 days until the flight stress is over, right??

I check every day multiple times a day...lol. With that said, I woke up this morning to a change for our 11/7 flight to Tampa. Our non stop 6:05am was changed to 9am with a 50 min stop/no plane change in Memphis, not getting into Tampa until 2:20pm :(. I'm guessing our return will get changed, but I'm waiting to see what happens with that before I make any changes.

I check every day multiple times a day...lol. With that said, I woke up this morning to a change for our 11/7 flight to Tampa. Our non stop 6:05am was changed to 9am with a 50 min stop/no plane change in Memphis, not getting into Tampa until 2:20pm :(. I'm guessing our return will get changed, but I'm waiting to see what happens with that before I make any changes.
OH NO!!! sorry to hear that!!

I've told my DH time and time again that if SW mucks with my early non-stop flights that I'm biting the bullet and paying for flights with Delta.....

which reminds me - I should go and check those flights as the prices have been crazy, at times they're $900 and others are $500...

ugh

which reminds me - I should go and check those flights as the prices have been crazy, at times they're $900 and others are $500...

ugh

PERFECT....the Delta flights are $800 right now for DH and I....

not cool...

*PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SW don't change my 11/10 flight!!*

I have a time change on my Jan. 16th flight BWI - MCO. It is leaving 20 minutes earlier and a new flight #.

Does anyone know if you have the southwest plus personal credit card if you can also get the personal premier card for the points? Has anyone done this successfully?

Does anyone know if you have the southwest plus personal credit card if you can also get the personal premier card for the points? Has anyone done this successfully?
No, unfortunately that is not possible. It is possible to have both a business and a personal card and get bonus points for both, but not for two personal cards. (this changed a couple of years back, it used to be possible to have multiple personal cards at a time)

Last edited:
If you've had the plus for 24 months, you could close it and get another personal card bonus.

OH NO!!! sorry to hear that!!

I've told my DH time and time again that if SW mucks with my early non-stop flights that I'm biting the bullet and paying for flights with Delta.....

ugh

We've had small changes on our last few flights/trips, but nothing like this. Going from early morning/first flight out non stop to late morning with a stop is a little hard to take. Fingers crossed they don't mess with your flights 🤞.

PERFECT....the Delta flights are $800 right now for DH and I....

not cool...

*PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SW don't change my 11/10 flight!!*

:faint:

I have a time change on my Jan. 16th flight BWI - MCO. It is leaving 20 minutes earlier and a new flight #.

Crazy how they're all over the place with changes. I just got the change for my early Nov flight and your Jan flight is already changed :rolleyes1.

I received the dreaded email also. My early morning non-stop flight which had me arriving at MCO at 8:25am has been changed to a layover arriving at 12:30pm. The flight they rebooked me on has a short layover at MDW-Chicago. I am concerned with having to go to Chicago because of winter weather, the flight is in January. I can change the flight and go through Atlanta and arrive at MCO at about the same time as the Chicago flight. Can anyone offer any advice, would it be better to go through Atlanta due to the chance of winter weather in Chicago?

Last edited:
I received the dreaded email also. My early morning non-stop flight which had me arriving at MCO at 8:25am has been changed to a layover arriving at 12:30pm. The flight they rebooked me on has a short layover at MDW-Chicago. I am concerned with having to go to Chicago because of winter weather, the flight is in January. I can change the flight and go through Atlanta and arrive at MCO at about the same time as the Chicago flight. The flight from Chicago departs at 8:40am, the flight from Atlanta departs at 11am. Can anyone offer me any advice?

We had this happen for a June trip from RDU - DEN. We were on a direct flight at like 6pm ish. They changed us to a TWO STOP itinerary. When I looked up the routes, there was a direct flight that left at 4pm ish. I just called and they moved us to that. I wondered if there is some time limit as to how much *earlier* they'll automatically book you.

I would call. I presume they'll agree your reasoning is valid and they'll accommodate you.

When I opened the SW card last year I completed the spend before my billing cycle ended and the bonus posted with the first statement. Has your second statement posted? Are you sure you spent the full 2000 plus the annual fee?
I spent all the 2000 before cycle ended plus
When I opened the SW card last year I completed the spend before my billing cycle ended and the bonus posted with the first statement. Has your second statement posted? Are you sure you spent the full 2000 plus the annual fee?
i even had someone on phone say j spent the $2000. What is weird is that it was 40000 pts after I spent 1000 in 3 months (did that) and another 25000 if I spent 2000. Why wouldn’t the 40000 at least be posted? This is why I should just stick to Jet Blue.

I received the dreaded email also. My early morning non-stop flight which had me arriving at MCO at 8:25am has been changed to a layover arriving at 12:30pm. The flight they rebooked me on has a short layover at MDW-Chicago. I am concerned with having to go to Chicago because of winter weather, the flight is in January. I can change the flight and go through Atlanta and arrive at MCO at about the same time as the Chicago flight. Can anyone offer any advice, would it be better to go through Atlanta due to the chance of winter weather in Chicago?
Where are you flying out of? One thing about flying into/out of the upper midwest is that the grounds crews and airports can handle it. You can have an inch of snow an hour and MDW will operate just fine, you get down to CVG and it grinds to a standstill. It's not quite like needing to avoid the afternoon thunderstorms in the south during the summer, by rule that shuts the airport down.
We had this happen for a June trip from RDU - DEN. We were on a direct flight at like 6pm ish. They changed us to a TWO STOP itinerary. When I looked up the routes, there was a direct flight that left at 4pm ish. I just called and they moved us to that. I wondered if there is some time limit as to how much *earlier* they'll automatically book you.

I would call. I presume they'll agree your reasoning is valid and they'll accommodate you.
By adding a stop it is a "significant schedule change" allowing the traveler to be re-accommodated or the ability to cancel for a full refund. I'm assuming you mean non-stop above and not just direct, if one non-stop is being removed from the schedule, usually the others are being changed at the same time which means that the only thing the system sees to be automatically rebooked onto are less desireable flights. It wouldn't be useful to rebook you onto another flight if that was the next one to get cancelled.

I woke up to the flight change email for my 12/05 PVD - MCO flight. Thankfully all that they did was change the flight number.

I keep checking for my late November flight, hoping the 6:25 a.m. non stop stays there. (though I wouldn't mind it changing to 7:25 a.m. so that I wouldn't have to get to BDL so early, LOL!)

Glad I did, my flight went down so I was refunded around 4,000 points! (Paid with points.)

I received a notification about flight change and the opportunity to change it if it doesn't work.
How long do they give you to change it? 24 hrs, a couple days? Just trying to figure out what to do but wondering how much time I have to think about it before the option to change is gone. Thanks!

I received a notification about flight change and the opportunity to change it if it doesn't work.
How long do they give you to change it? 24 hrs, a couple days? Just trying to figure out what to do but wondering how much time I have to think about it before the option to change is gone. Thanks!

We've gotten several email changes lately for an upcoming Oct trip and I didn't see any time limit to change. With that said, the earlier you call the more options you might have, but you can take as much time as you need to decide. I waited 3-4 weeks before calling and making changes. The email states you can go online to avoid long phone waits, but I found it was going to charge me more points as flights have gone up quite a bit, so I had to call to avoid being charged the change in fare.

Usually you only have a few days to make the change online, after that you would have to call. I don't recall ever hearing about a customer that had a significant change that wasn't allowed to change, even weeks later. However the longer you wait, the fewer options you'll have.

Next release date- Dec 8th!

We are currently accepting air reservations through April 24, 2022. On December 8, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through September 5, 2022. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
wow! Guess I need to get myself organized for a possible August trip. We normally go mid-Sept so flights drop Feb/March. Forgot I'd need to be ready to plan earlier since our trip will be earlier.

Hoping to have enough points to purchase that way since the border stuff is still so crazy!! Can't imagine it still being closed next Aug but since we're already 20 months closed....who knows what can happen!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter