Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I’m about to buy our return flights. Is it best to fly out of MCO on a Saturday in the morning or afternoon? Just wondering about the jam up at security. We have precheck. Would you need to be there more than 2 hours before the flight?
Personaly, I would do morning, but I'm also up incredibly early no matter what.
With Pre I would plan on being there no later than 90 minutes prior to scheduled time.

I’m about to buy our return flights. Is it best to fly out of MCO on a Saturday in the morning or afternoon? Just wondering about the jam up at security. We have precheck. Would you need to be there more than 2 hours before the flight?
I honestly don't know that it matters..... a couple of years ago we were on a late flight out,so like 9 pm- security wasn't too terrible..a few weeks ago we were on a 7 am flight and I thought security wouldn't be too busy at 5 am.....I was WRONG. it was soooooo busy. (side note, at our home airport,we arrived at about 10 am, a time when I'd normally think busy...security was so quiet there!)

So I went ahead and booked our 4 flights for June and they are extremely expensive. Much more than any domestic flight I’ve ever taken, especially from BNA to MCO. I’m using points and hoping SW will drop rates. It’s been awhile since I modified flights to refund the point difference. Can you modify online for the same flight and receive the point difference or do you need to cancel and rebook at the lower points?

Also, on one flight the Wanna Getaway fare was not available so I had to get the Anytime fare. Is there a chance SW will add more Wanna Getaway seats? And is it at all likely the rates will drop before May 29?

I don't know about using points but I've been able to "modify" when the rate has gone down and received travel credit for the difference in price without having to cancel and rebook. Keep checking because I've seen a lot of fluctuation since I booked my April and May flights last fall.

Apologies if this has been asked before and I'm sure it has-
I am planning to book flights for the end of September. Am I correct to assume I should book the morning of March 3rd when the schedule opens? Or does SW start prices high due to demand then drop them? Hoping for Wanna Getaway fares similar to what I've seen for August which are ~$70-80 each way.

I am planning to book flights for the end of September. Am I correct to assume I should book the morning of March 3rd when the schedule opens? Or does SW start prices high due to demand then drop them? Hoping for Wanna Getaway fares similar to what I've seen for August which are ~$70-80 each way.
FYI- The schedule release date has been pushed out to March 30. I've always had the best luck booking the morning of release dates.

So I went ahead and booked our 4 flights for June and they are extremely expensive. Much more than any domestic flight I’ve ever taken, especially from BNA to MCO. I’m using points and hoping SW will drop rates. It’s been awhile since I modified flights to refund the point difference. Can you modify online for the same flight and receive the point difference or do you need to cancel and rebook at the lower points?

Also, on one flight the Wanna Getaway fare was not available so I had to get the Anytime fare. Is there a chance SW will add more Wanna Getaway seats? And is it at all likely the rates will drop before May 29?

just make sure select "change" when you want to modify to the lesser rate. Then I select the flight I'm already booked on - southwest will show you the difference in fare (if it's less points it'll show a negative number). Then follow the remaining steps! The points show up in account pretty quickly.

just make sure select "change" when you want to modify to the lesser rate. Then I select the flight I'm already booked on - southwest will show you the difference in fare (if it's less points it'll show a negative number). Then follow the remaining steps! The points show up in account pretty quickly.
Thank you for your reply. This helps refresh my memory!

I added EBCI to my return flight of an upcoming trip. My reservation shows the EBCI icon, but doesn't indicate which leg it pertains to. Is there a way to double check to ensure it was credited to the proper segment?

Modify for the same flight.

Is there a way I can get my ticket split off from the rest of my group's, so I can change their flight to an earlier time? The initial plan was for all six of us to fly down together. DSis1 would fly back a few days later on her own (Her RT ticket is separate from ours), and then we'd fly back at the end of the next week. But now we're considering having the other four fly down earlier to get groceiries and the wheelchair/scooter all in order for the next day, and I and DSis1 can't get off work any earlier, so we'd just fly down at our original time. But my ticket is packaged with the other four's right now. I don't want to cancel, just split into a different number.

Is there a way I can get my ticket split off from the rest of my group's, so I can change their flight to an earlier time? The initial plan was for all six of us to fly down together. DSis1 would fly back a few days later on her own (Her RT ticket is separate from ours), and then we'd fly back at the end of the next week. But now we're considering having the other four fly down earlier to get groceiries and the wheelchair/scooter all in order for the next day, and I and DSis1 can't get off work any earlier, so we'd just fly down at our original time. But my ticket is packaged with the other four's right now. I don't want to cancel, just split into a different number.
I had to call Southwest when I wanted to make changes to 2 out of 4 on our reservations

You can modify to the same flight usually, it is very easy. Since the time changes affected our flights I have not found a way to do it, and have cancelled and rebooked.

As far as rates dropping, it depends. I check rates frequently, our May flights have all dropped since I booked. (The times have also all been changed) Just today our Friday night flight home May 20 dropped from 8539 to 4971 pts. I am flying to MCO on a weekday early morning and that one I got as low as 3813 pts.

I think it depends on where you're flying from. We fly out of Chicago Midway and I've always seen fares to be a little on the high side when first released, but then gradually go down. With more people starting to travel that might change, but that's always been my experience, even pre-covid.

Same. Usually flights from RDU to MCO go up in price rather than down.
I'd be flying out of RDU so I'm glad to see this advice!
I think it depends on where you're flying from. We fly out of Chicago Midway and I've always seen fares to be a little on the high side when first released, but then gradually go down. With more people starting to travel that might change, but that's always been my experience, even pre-covid.
Thanks! I'll be flying out of Raleigh so looks like I'll book right away.

What are the odds SW is done messing with early April flights? I just booked a very late-in-the-game flight.

I was hesitant to book because of all the problems lately, but JB and United prices were crazy high, even though SW flight wasn't cheap, it was significant enough of a difference.

I had to call Southwest when I wanted to make changes to 2 out of 4 on our reservations

Yeah, just did the call with them and now my family's on a different confirmation number. Pretty much painless aside from when the rep almost charged $400, but after we pointed out that it should have been free due to us still being in that 14 day window, they put us on hold for a few minutes, to verify and change, I guess, and it went through without a charge.

Chicago Midway -Southwest flyers.
5:40 am flight this Sunday morning. What time do I need to be at Midway? I think security opens at 3:30am . I need to check bags and saw on the Southwest page Midway kiosks and ticket counters open at 90 minutes prior to first departure.
I was thinking of a 4 am arrival but now I am doubting myself.
We have early bird so hoping to be in group A. My guess is boarding would start about 5:10-5:15 am 🤷🏼‍♀️ . Any suggestions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter