• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Chicago Midway -Southwest flyers.
5:40 am flight this Sunday morning. What time do I need to be at Midway? I think security opens at 3:30am . I need to check bags and saw on the Southwest page Midway kiosks and ticket counters open at 90 minutes prior to first departure.
I was thinking of a 4 am arrival but now I am doubting myself.
We have early bird so hoping to be in group A. My guess is boarding would start about 5:10-5:15 am 🤷🏼‍♀️ . Any suggestions
I took this same flight last year, the counter doesn't open until 4. The machines don't get turned on until 4, then there is a mad scramble to get bags tagged and brought up to the counter. Then TSA if you don't have Pre. I had Pre and never stopped moving from the time I dropped by bags until the gate, but the line did not look pretty at standard.

I took this same flight last year, the counter doesn't open until 4. The machines don't get turned on until 4, then there is a mad scramble to get bags tagged and brought up to the counter. Then TSA if you don't have Pre. I had Pre and never stopped moving from the time I dropped by bags until the gate, but the line did not look pretty at standard.
discouraging,
I am hoping we get through quickly as we do not have Pre-check. Security says it opens at 3:30am. I will plan on grabbing a kiosk quickly hopefully. We are early bird purchasers so we will hopefully be A group boarding. It will be a race to the gate I guess.
May I ask when did you fly? What month and day of the week?

discouraging,
I am hoping we get through quickly as we do not have Pre-check. Security says it opens at 3:30am. I will plan on grabbing a kiosk quickly hopefully. We are early bird purchasers so we will hopefully be A group boarding. It will be a race to the gate I guess.
May I ask when did you fly? What month and day of the week?
It was a Wednesday in October. Security opens at 3:30 but since the counters don't open until 4 there isn't much for them to do until then.

Our direct flights from Rochester, NY were cancelled about a month ago and I rebooked with layovers. I now see Buffalo New York has direct flights. If I re-book the flights do I have to pay the difference in price? (The prices are much higher than when I originally booked.)

It was a Wednesday in October. Security opens at 3:30 but since the counters don't open until 4 there isn't much for them to do until then.
Hoping it’s changed . I reached out to SW ,I asked and SW rep said counter and kiosks open at 3:30 for Midway . Maybe they had a lot of complaining. I am going to show up in the middle at 3:45 am and hope for the best.

Does any one know why SW decided to eliminate mid-week NS flights from PHL to MCO? They just disappear in June. I read SW is going to have a new category of pricing but I don't know why this would impact the NS flights.

Our direct flights from Rochester, NY were cancelled about a month ago and I rebooked with layovers. I now see Buffalo New York has direct flights. If I re-book the flights do I have to pay the difference in price? (The prices are much higher than when I originally booked.)

Did SW move you to the layover flights or did you do it yourself? If they moved you, they let you rebook once with no increase in price. But usually they make you keep the same departure & destination cities. I think a few people have reported they were able to change cities for better flight times by calling. The only way to know for sure is to call & ask.

If you noticed the change & already moved yourself to the layover flights, this probably won’t apply.

Did SW move you to the layover flights or did you do it yourself? If they moved you, they let you rebook once with no increase in price. But usually they make you keep the same departure & destination cities. I think a few people have reported they were able to change cities for better flight times by calling. The only way to know for sure is to call & ask.

If you noticed the change & already moved yourself to the layover flights, this probably won’t apply.

Just confirming that switches between Buffalo and Rochester are typically not included and cannot be done online, but you might have luck when calling. I have switched between those cities at no cost before due to a weather disruption, and a friend just did because of the April schedule change fiasco as Buffalo had better flight times. I have noticed that they added a second nonstop to the Buffalo schedule since they originally made the April changes, so even if you made the change yourself to switch from a rescheduled terrible nonstop time to a better connecting time, the agent still might switch for you for free because of all the schedule changes. It's at their discretion. If the first change was made by Southwest and you haven't used your free change yet as the poster above mentioned, then your chances are pretty high that they'll allow the change at no charge.

Does anyone think SW flights for June will go down from where they are now? We don't fly enough to change them for future flights if they do go down so I'm trying to buy them when they are cheapest. We usually fly Pitt to MCO.

Does anyone think SW flights for June will go down from where they are now? We don't fly enough to change them for future flights if they do go down so I'm trying to buy them when they are cheapest. We usually fly Pitt to MCO.
I feel like SW has some sales but my airport never seems to be one that is included, or the flights on sale are never the ones I want.

I have found that flights are usually cheapest when they are first released and if SW has a big change in flight schedules. For example, SW just did a major schedule overhaul on some of their May flights and they cancelled my original flight and put me on something horrible so I was able to rebook my flight and the new flights/points were much cheaper so I got those points back to my account.

Reactions: TSM

Literally … LITERALLY … no way to predict, nor use any historical data to make an assumption.

Does any one know why SW decided to eliminate mid-week NS flights from PHL to MCO? They just disappear in June. I read SW is going to have a new category of pricing but I don't know why this would impact the NS flights.

Because they heard our family was getting CPs this year??

We're planning lots of '22 and '23 traveling, decided to go all in on SW credit cards to get CPs since they have lots of direct options PHL to MCO. Then, after cards are opened, etc, the next fare drop included no summer, weekday directs.

We're flying BWI as a back up and hoping that SW will resume more PHL-MCO direct as pandemic recovery continues.

Southwest has now changed my non-stop flight two times in two weeks! The first time, it was pushed back 50 minutes, and now today, another 20 minutes later (leaving at 5:05 p.m. and arriving at 8.45 p.m.). Does anyone think it is possible SW could cancel this flight totally? Beginning to worry with all the revisions with over 2 1/2 months left before we depart!

So, SW moved our nonstop flight from RDU to MCO from 11:45am to 6:55 pm a couple weeks back. I've been randomly checking for changes and today there is now a second nonstop flight at 3:20pm which had to have been added in the last few days. I'm keeping our Delta flights as we'll arrive by 9:45 am and therefore give us most of the day in the Disney bubble. But, apparently they are adding some new flights as there was only ever a single nonstop when the schedule first came out.

Stupid question of the day. Flying with my wife next week on one PNR with one Confirmation Number. When I check myself in at T24 is it going to check her in also? Or am I going to have to check us each in separately? Usually when we fly we either get EBCI or are on separate PNRs.

Stupid question of the day. Flying with my wife next week on one PNR with one Confirmation Number. When I check myself in at T24 is it going to check her in also? Or am I going to have to check us each in separately? Usually when we fly we either get EBCI or are on separate PNRs.
It should check you in together and you'll get sequential boarding numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter