Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Getting ready to purchase flights for April and June to MCO from PVD on the next release. Just wondering if there has been much movement in flight changes? SW flight schedules this past spring/summer shifted so much that we ended up with flight times that weren't the best and had to add a day on our April vacation.
Just based on the chatter on this thread (or lack thereof) the advanced changes have been significantly cut down. It seemed like they were moving the entire spring and early summer schedule multiple times. One morning, there would suddenly be pages of angry folks. That hasn't happen since maybe June.

By contrast, my BWI MCO for Aug and Sep moved by less than 10 minutes, Nov out and back has not moved at all since opening day, April out BWI to GCM staying steady, although it's early. Same day cancellations/delays are a whole different thing, but the major schedule changes that were happening in the weeks and months leading up to flights have stopped (for now).

the flights we just took last week from RDU to MCO did not move from when I booked them...the price went down slightly once but that's all.

For our December dates the flight times have not changed and again, there was a slight decrease in points so I got those back.

We also have flights in mid-February to Vegas and those flight times have not changed, even though I would prefer they would change since I don't like them....but the points have decreased and got back almost 10k the other day.

We're headed to Cocoa Beach in April and am hoping for some good non-stop flights into/out of MCO when those flights drop on the 27th....

flying out of MCO on Friday was scarily easy - no wait in the A-List line, no wait at TSA precheck and the flight left on time....oh, and both flights were 100% full....

Getting ready to purchase flights for April and June to MCO from PVD on the next release. Just wondering if there has been much movement in flight changes? SW flight schedules this past spring/summer shifted so much that we ended up with flight times that weren't the best and had to add a day on our April vacation.
I'm flying PVD-MCO for February vacation. Only flight change was my 7:50 am PVD-MCO changed to a 5:00 am. Way too early for us so we switched to the 12:35 pm flight. 3 weeks later I noticed that early morning flight was changed back to 7:50.

I'm flying PVD-MCO for February vacation. Only flight change was my 7:50 am PVD-MCO changed to a 5:00 am. Way too early for us so we switched to the 12:35 pm flight. 3 weeks later I noticed that early morning flight was changed back to 7:50.

I don't want to jinx anything but there's been no significant changes to my December flights to/from PVD to MCO since I booked them on the release date. Only one five minute move to my return flight...fingers crossed it stays that way! Our April and May trips got really messed up due to SW changing flight schedules about one month out. We lost a day on our May trip and had to do a connecting flight.
@mickey916 , @CookieandOatmeal, @aokeefe - WOW! Lots of PVD members repping our small corner of the world! We fly PVD to MCO several times a year, and I fly several other routes. SW has settled into their new normal with almost no schedule changes. We love the non-stop flights and don't mind the earlier ones - less chance of a delay from the previous flight and we are 'home' with a full day of fun ahead of us! We leave next on 11/28 for 8 days - we have never done the Christmas holidays in Disney and are excited!

@mickey916 , @CookieandOatmeal, @aokeefe - WOW! Lots of PVD members repping our small corner of the world! We fly PVD to MCO several times a year, and I fly several other routes. SW has settled into their new normal with almost no schedule changes. We love the non-stop flights and don't mind the earlier ones - less chance of a delay from the previous flight and we are 'home' with a full day of fun ahead of us! We leave next on 11/28 for 8 days - we have never done the Christmas holidays in Disney and are excited!
Sorry this is off-topic, but since you brought up pvd. Where is the best place to park? Garage C looks to be the cheapest, but I don't want to deal with a shuttle. Is it walkable like B?

Sorry this is off-topic, but since you brought up pvd. Where is the best place to park? Garage C looks to be the cheapest, but I don't want to deal with a shuttle. Is it walkable like B?
Garage C is very walkable - download the Red Beam Garage app to make a reservation and prepay, then all you have to do is scan your barcode. There’s a coupon code floating around for a discount.

Garage C is very walkable - download the Red Beam Garage app to make a reservation and prepay, then all you have to do is scan your barcode. There’s a coupon code floating around for a discount.
Sorry, I meant Garage E. That's the one that mentions a shuttle. Is it walkable? Red Beam is more expensive than E but less than B. I tried signing up for the Red Beam rewards program because it said I'd get an automatic free day, but it didn't work.

Our trip was supposed to be Wednesday but we had to postpone today. The flights were booked on points and the website wasn't working for me to cancel so I called. The person I spoke with said they were having some issues with cancellations with points but they took care of it for me. The person helping me was very nice and the hold time was short.

Sorry, I meant Garage E. That's the one that mentions a shuttle. Is it walkable? Red Beam is more expensive than E but less than B. I tried signing up for the Red Beam rewards program because it said I'd get an automatic free day, but it didn't work.
Lot E is an open lot not a garage. It is not walkable but the shuttle does run continuously. Probably the most I've ever had to wait is 5 minutes and it's quick drop off to the terminal. Did you check the TF Green website for parking coupons. There are coupons for Lot E for $12/day and Garage B for $17/day
https://parkpvdairport.com/

Lot E is an open lot not a garage. It is not walkable but the shuttle does run continuously. Probably the most I've ever had to wait is 5 minutes and it's quick drop off to the terminal. Did you check the TF Green website for parking coupons. There are coupons for Lot E for $12/day and Garage B for $17/day
https://parkpvdairport.com/
Thank you! I did see the coupons but it's hard to tell how far it is. I didn't realize it was an open lot. I may be alone on the way back at night, so I'm not sure about using the shuttle. Thanks for your help. 😁

Thank you! I did see the coupons but it's hard to tell how far it is. I didn't realize it was an open lot. I may be alone on the way back at night, so I'm not sure about using the shuttle. Thanks for your help. 😁
I've used Garage C through Red Beam. It's $12.95/day but sometimes you can get a pop up to provide your email and receive $8.95/day. It is enclosed and not much of a walk.

@happ I used the shuttle Lot E for the first time in September. Used a coupon from the airport website and just scanned the QR from the email they sent me on my phone after I inserted the ticket to leave and got the discount.

The shuttle literally was right behind my car 30 seconds after I parked. I had to force myself to take my time and make sure I didn't forget anything before locking up. My DD called it the Knight Bus as it seemed to appear out of no where. :rotfl:

We got back in late (about 11pm on a Thursday night) and waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle. There were plenty of people with us waiting, we filled it up, so I felt perfectly safe. The driver will take you right to your general parking area so make sure you write it in your phone ( we were in "N3" for example).

I would feel comfortable using them again, as long as I wasn't leaving my car during an expected snowstorm or something.

Here are the last 10 flight release times, in preparation for those of us joining the Thursday morning refresh party. Remember the Low Fare Calendar tends to show the flights before the main page.

Release Date | Time (eastern)
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

ah! those times are all over the place.... anywhere from 6:45-9:15! In the "old days" wasn't it usually like 7 am and done?

I’m about to book my husband and I flights for our May trip today when the schedule opens up.. I’m working on my CP and hope to have earned it by May, but just in case I don’t, I will be paying cash for our 2 tickets today. I think my best bet is to purchase the WGA+ fare since I’m not booking with points, right? That way if I do get the CP, I can cancel the ticket and get the transferable flight credit and use it for my daughter later on since my hubby will be my companion. Can I add a companion to my already booked flight when the time comes? I really want to purchase EBCI, but I’m not sure if I should in this instance. But on the other hand, I don’t want to get stuck with a bad boarding position. If I end up having to cancel DH’s ticket, I’d be out $40 though, which sucks. I do have the SW biz card, which allows upgraded boarding positions when available, but that’s also not a guarantee. I wonder what’s my best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter