Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Why is there no want to get away flights at all available on the Saturday after Thanksgiving? Their whole calendar for nonstop flights is only anytime or business select.

I’ve seen this happen several times, especially for popular travel times. WGA fares always show up later. Of course, they try to get you to book at higher rates first. It’s happened for years.

So out of curiosity
If no wanna get away flights or wanna get away plus are listed first morning of drop date. When do those if ever load?
Should I check multiple times daily? Or do they usually drop a few days after release day?

Keep checking randomly whenever you think about it. They could be released at any time, from days to weeks later.

But at least the flight credits don't expire anymore. I wish I had thought to figure out a way to combine them before this morning though. I'm off to search that now and figure out how to avoid this in the future!
Use three credits to book a WGA or WGA+ flight, wait two days, then cancel. You will receive one TF that has all three credits.
WGA+ fares get priority over WGA fares when it comes to EBCI, correct? I haven't bought EBCI yet, but I think I will if WGA+ gets priority.
Correct.
So out of curiosity
If no wanna get away flights or wanna get away plus are listed first morning of drop date. When do those if ever load?
Should I check multiple times daily? Or do they usually drop a few days after release day?
Sometimes it happens later the same day, sometimes days or even weeks later, sometimes never if they can sell enough Anytime fares.

I’ve seen this happen several times, especially for popular travel times. WGA fares always show up later. Of course, they try to get you to book at higher rates first. It’s happened for years.
In your experience do you book a day or so outside your ideal travel dates and change it later? Or just wait out the drop of lower fares?

Spent more than I wanted but got our direct flights from AUS-MCO Dec 3-12. $179 going out on Sunday and $160 returning on Tuesday. Hoping both of those drop quite a bit before the trip.

I ended up getting our 1yo a seat because holding her for 3.5+ hours seems like not much fun but depending on how she does as a lap baby on a November flight, can I switch her and just get a credit for her ticket?

In your experience do you book a day or so outside your ideal travel dates and change it later? Or just wait out the drop of lower fares?

It’s just 2 of us & we’re recently retired. When we worked our dates weren’t flexible. Those times I waited & booked when WGA opened. I’ve always booked on opening day if we had dates & bought EBCI right away too. So we always had a good A position. Now there’s so many credit cards & promos getting EBCI & anytime includes it too. Regular WGA are getting pushed into higher numbers was stressing me out. So the last several trips I’ve booked Business Select right at opening. I find the opening cost is tolerable for me considering I would have paid extra for EBCI anyway. Plus I get more RR points & credit card points. Today I booked one way on points & 1 way cash.

It’s just 2 of us & we’re recently retired. When we worked our dates weren’t flexible. Those times I waited & booked when WGA opened. I’ve always booked on opening day if we had dates & bought EBCI right away too. So we always had a good A position. Now there’s so many credit cards & promos getting EBCI & anytime includes it too. Regular WGA are getting pushed into higher numbers was stressing me out. So the last several trips I’ve booked Business Select right at opening. I find the opening cost is tolerable for me considering I would have paid extra for EBCI anyway. Plus I get more RR points & credit card points. Today I booked one way on points & 1 way cash.
If I book now at the Anytime w/EBCI, Can I switch those to WGA+ and keep my EBCI "start" date and receive a refund, would the EBCI date change to the date I make the changes on? Would I only get a refund if I kept within the Anytime group? We've always been WGA bookers since there are 3 of us. We are slightly flexible on dates so I can either do Anytime w/EBCI for our exact preferred dates or WGA+ w/EBCI for 1 day off both ways. Never booked around a holiday so I'm a bit lost and worried they will sell out.

If I book now at the Anytime w/EBCI, Can I switch those to WGA+ and keep my EBCI "start" date and receive a refund, would the EBCI date change to the date I make the changes on? Would I only get a refund if I kept within the Anytime group? We've always been WGA bookers since there are 3 of us. We are slightly flexible on dates so I can either do Anytime w/EBCI for our exact preferred dates or WGA+ w/EBCI for 1 day off both ways. Never booked around a holiday so I'm a bit lost and worried they will sell out.

Sorry, I’ve never done that so wouldn’t want to give any wrong info. But, with anytime you don’t purchase EBCI, it’s included. So if you change to WGA, you would need to purchase EBCI. I *think* that would make your date / place in line go to the new date you actually purchase the EBCI. You could certainly book anytime & change to WGA later. I don’t think your WBCI date would carry over. But again, I’ve never done it, so just my semi educated guess.

Sorry, I’ve never done that so wouldn’t want to give any wrong info. But, with anytime you don’t purchase EBCI, it’s included. So if you change to WGA, you would need to purchase EBCI. I *think* that would make your date / place in line go to the new date you actually purchase the EBCI. You could certainly book anytime & change to WGA later. I don’t think your WBCI date would carry over. But again, I’ve never done it, so just my semi educated guess.
Just looked at SW and you're right. EBCI is included w/Anytime, told ya we're WGA usuals, lol. Thanks for all the help! Now to decide what to do :confused:

I have seen the same with EBCI + WGA - our boarding positions keep getting higher. Traveling in November and went ahead and booked ridiculously high Anytime fares hoping to catch a drop. There is only one direct flight each way and we are traveling with children so I was not willing to chance it.

I have seen the same with EBCI + WGA - our boarding positions keep getting higher. Traveling in November and went ahead and booked ridiculously high Anytime fares hoping to catch a drop. There is only one direct flight each way and we are traveling with children so I was not willing to chance it.
We have always gotten A boarding with Anytime fares. That's all I book now as bad as I hate to pay extra for it, and we don't have children anymore. Our July flights have recently dropped $50 each since booking them on release day so hopefully yours will too for your dates.

My personal experience has been that the boarding position issues are coming back to where they have been in the past. I flew memorial day weekend, bought EBCI about 4 weeks out and had A34 both directions on fairly full flights. There were a lot of A list that have dropped off in the last few months. WGA+ with EBCI I wouldn't be concerned about my boarding position.

Was waiting for potential flights for our thanksgiving + week after flights, and forgot about the release until 10:30 this morning. Hopped on and after some searching and shifting of dates, we got DCA-MCO 11/23 (Thanksgiving) - 12/2 RT for 5 adults at just under $1200. Normally fly out of PIT since that’s our local airport, but DCA was substantially cheaper than that and BWI. Plus flights are more midday, so we don’t need to get up too early this time around.

No, it is three forms total. One of which is allowed to be a credit card or digital wallet, the other two can be any combination of travel funds, LUV vouchers and gift cards.
https://mobile.southwest.com/funds-terms-conditions#:~:text=Up to three forms of,flight portion of your trip.
Thanks for correcting me.

Southwest's normal website (https://www.southwest.com/help/booking/forms-of-payment click on How many forms of payment can I apply to a reservation?) states:

"A maximum of three forms of payment per Passenger may be used to purchase an itinerary. The following may be used per Passenger: up to three flight credits, up to three Southwest gift cards, and/or up to two Southwest LUV Vouchers®.

When booking a reservation online, flight credits will always be applied first, regardless of the order in which a Customer enters them in the reservation.

The following may be used per Passenger: up to three flight credits, up to three Southwest gift cards, up to two Southwest LUV Vouchers®, and/or a credit card (only one credit card may be used per reservation)."

On the link you provided Southwest also mentions the 3 forms of payment per passenger:

"Unused Ticketless Travel Funds Terms and Conditions:
Please apply funds one at a time. If you use multiple forms of payment for your purchase, they will be applied in the following order: Unused ticketless Travel Funds, Southwest LUV Vouchers®, Southwest® gift cards. If there is a remaining balance, another form of payment (credit card or digital wallet) will be required for the difference. Up to three forms of payment per Passenger may be applied, which includes one credit card or digital wallet per transaction. Southwest® gift cards, Southwest LUV Vouchers®, and Southwest® Travel Funds can only be used on the flight portion of your trip.

Southwest Airlines accepts unused ticketless travel funds for Passenger travel purchased through Southwest Airlines, excluding the Southwest Airlines Group Desk. Unused ticketless travel funds may be redeemed at Southwest.com, on the Southwest Airlines Mobile Apps and Mobile Website (only for initial flight booking), through Southwest Airlines Reservations, and at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter locations."

I am just reading it wrong? It certainly appears that if you had 6 people you would be able to use 18 Travel funds, 18 Gift cards and a credit card.

It is unfortunate that SouthWest does not honor what is spelled out on their website.

Sorry @OnThisMagicNight for the bad advice.
Thanks to @EACarlson for correcting me.

Thanks for correcting me.

Southwest's normal website (https://www.southwest.com/help/booking/forms-of-payment click on How many forms of payment can I apply to a reservation?) states:

"A maximum of three forms of payment per Passenger may be used to purchase an itinerary. The following may be used per Passenger: up to three flight credits, up to three Southwest gift cards, and/or up to two Southwest LUV Vouchers®.

When booking a reservation online, flight credits will always be applied first, regardless of the order in which a Customer enters them in the reservation.

The following may be used per Passenger: up to three flight credits, up to three Southwest gift cards, up to two Southwest LUV Vouchers®, and/or a credit card (only one credit card may be used per reservation)."

On the link you provided Southwest also mentions the 3 forms of payment per passenger:

"Unused Ticketless Travel Funds Terms and Conditions:
Please apply funds one at a time. If you use multiple forms of payment for your purchase, they will be applied in the following order: Unused ticketless Travel Funds, Southwest LUV Vouchers®, Southwest® gift cards. If there is a remaining balance, another form of payment (credit card or digital wallet) will be required for the difference. Up to three forms of payment per Passenger may be applied, which includes one credit card or digital wallet per transaction. Southwest® gift cards, Southwest LUV Vouchers®, and Southwest® Travel Funds can only be used on the flight portion of your trip.

Southwest Airlines accepts unused ticketless travel funds for Passenger travel purchased through Southwest Airlines, excluding the Southwest Airlines Group Desk. Unused ticketless travel funds may be redeemed at Southwest.com, on the Southwest Airlines Mobile Apps and Mobile Website (only for initial flight booking), through Southwest Airlines Reservations, and at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter locations."

I am just reading it wrong? It certainly appears that if you had 6 people you would be able to use 18 Travel funds, 18 Gift cards and a credit card.

It is unfortunate that SouthWest does not honor what is spelled out on their website.

Sorry @OnThisMagicNight for the bad advice.
Thanks to @EACarlson for correcting me.
I think the way this is worded is definitely misleading! Even the agent I spoke to on the phone this morning agreed the process was very convoluted. Thanks to another kind Disboards member I at least know what to do now to avoid this in the future. (And the good news is I didn't have to pay anything out of my pocket today, I was still able to use gift cards and flight credits... just would have preferred to use all the flight credits up first, but at least they don't expire now!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter