Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I don't know what time they officially released-just checked about an hour ago. We want to head to Cali next July...I think I have been spoiled with Orlando flights, because I am not pumped about the price difference to get to California...also no direct flights to any of the airports out there. I have never flown anywhere but Florida-so quite a difference lol
Me too (although in May). I can't tell you the last time I had to fly non-direct nor paid what the prices currently are to get out to CA. I haven't purchased flights yet, hoping they might drop somewhat.

We are looking to travel PVD-MCO in July. Dates aren't 100% confirmed so I knew I would only book today if the price was right. Needless to say I did not book- Disappointed in the not only the price but also the schedule. Only early, early morning or late flights. JetBlue has a better schedule and better price for us this time.

Can we stop saying "direct" when we mean "non-stop?"
On a nearly 700 page thread? Let that go, it's really not a big deal when you can figure out what they are saying. Things like confusing EBCI with pre-board or what Family Boarding is are more of an impact for understanding the ins and outs of SWA.

This release def. snuck up on us. We do have a trip where we'll likely fly SWA but it's not until October and I'm thinking we'll be 2 releases from now. We still need to book flights for a May trip that we haven't done yet although that release has long since passed :scared: We also have a promotional companion pass for Jan-March but still can't figure out if we can make it work. I noticed some of the tropical destinations were very expensive even with that sale they last ran. Like Costa Rica or Belize were very high in cost I saw some fares one way one person $700-$900+

Wow! The next flight release is much earlier than I anticipated! :sad2:

We have booked out late Aug/early Sep flights in Feb for years. (Looked back to at least 2019 and these flights were always released in February.) Now they're releasing 2 months earlier! Yikes!! I normally use those 2 months to save for our flights after Christmas spending but will need to reorganize our savings to be ready for December rather than February.

Thanks for mentioning the dates here so I can start planning and saving now as well as mark the next flight release date on the calendar.

RE: Upgrading boarding groups for connecting flights: Do I have to wait for the 24 hour mark (I'm already checked in for both legs of a flight tomorrow) to upgrade my boarding group for the second of my itinerary? Can I upgrade the second flight boarding group only?

RE: Upgrading boarding groups for connecting flights: Do I have to wait for the 24 hour mark (I'm already checked in for both legs of a flight tomorrow) to upgrade my boarding group for the second of my itinerary? Can I upgrade the second flight boarding group only?
Yes, you have to wait until the leg is within 24 hours

Yes, you can select only to upgrade the 2nd leg at that time. And, you can select which members of your party to update if you don't want to do to everyone.

Yes, you have to wait until the leg is within 24 hours

Yes, you can select only to upgrade the 2nd leg at that time. And, you can select which members of your party to update if you don't want to do to everyone.
So if I upgraded the first leg, would the second leg automatically be "waitlisted" until the 24-hour mark for the second leg?

I'm sure this question has been asked, but if I do EBCI, am I automatically checked in for my flight at 36 hours or do I need to go to the app/website to check in at that time?

I'm sure this question has been asked, but if I do EBCI, am I automatically checked in for my flight at 36 hours or do I need to go to the app/website to check in at that time?
you are automatically assigned a boarding position at 36 hours. Sometime after you hit 24 hours before your flight, you will still need to check in for your flight, get your boarding pass, etc.

So if I upgraded the first leg, would the second leg automatically be "waitlisted" until the 24-hour mark for the second leg?
I believe the upgraded boarding for each leg is totally independent. You have to proactively upgrade and pay the cost for each flight separately.

I have two separate receipts from August 16th when I upgraded my daughter for our first flight and then our connection. I wouldn't have done that if the 2nd flight was included with the first upgrade.

Prices today for late June/early July to MCO out of gate so high todayo_O

Not biting, will monitor. No way $500 RT pp
From PIT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter