Post Your Cozumel Questions Here

Thanks Sally! That gave me all of the rest of the info that I need to decide whether to go on my own or through Disney. (I just need to call Disney and ask about what they charge for little ones.

Jerry112 (Sally),
We leave Sat April 24th, how about you? My kids are little (2 and a half and 4 and a half), but I know that Xcaret has bat caves and all sorts of things that (even at their ages) they'll be excited to see. I can't imagine having enough time in just one day to see even half of what is offered at the park, so I'll try to convince my husband that it's worth it to slow down and see it at the kids' pace/level. Next time, maybe we'll do it differently, but this time I'm pretty set on going to Xcaret. We don't have any bats near where we live in South Florida, and we have a book about bats that fascinates both of my boys. BTW, if you have any qestions on Key West, please ask, I will probably be able to help.

Sally,

My family are big fans of mini-golf. We are probably in the minority of people that count that as our top priority on vacation. The only course in our area is at one of those kiddie birthday party-type places. Your course looks awesome and my family is looking forward to visiting you there in May. I have a son(11) and daughter(14) that will probably want to play a round while my husband is diving (with Eagle Ray Divers, of course) and I'm sure that we will have to play again with dad. My daughter and I are definitely not into the beach thing, but I'm sure that we'll have to spend some time at one of your recommended beaches with my son. Thanks for all the great information you have listed on the thread. BTW, I have emailed this thread to my sister-in-law who will arrive in Cozumel for a long weekend visit on the Thursday after our Wednesday visit. She has 3 sons that I am sure will want to get in a little mini-golf on their trip also.

See you in May,
Lori

Thanks, Lori, we look forward to meeting you in May!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Hello Gang:wave2:

I need your help..

Ineed to know if anyone has done the Jeep safari in Cozumel..And If anyone has done it outside of Disney Excursions..

I called an outside Place in Cozumel..and My entire family can go in 1 jeep..

Disney wont allow my 5 year old son to go,,So I cant book with them..

Problem with the place that will accept my son..They depart for the ride at 10:00 am..

We dont exit the cruise until 10:30..

This is excursion Is what I wanted to do The most..

Any help on an outside excursion Place on Cozumel would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Bobby, Cindy, katie, Jessie, and Bobby Jr.
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Thank You Sally for the great information. My group,DS22 DS14 and me44. This will be our first cruise and 1st time to Cozumel. I just can't wait to see those banana trees!:bounce: When you said you have sodas are they coke or pepsi products? DS14 loves vanilla coke,he was just wondering if you have them there.
Thanks Again!

We carry Coke products... specifically coke, coke lite, and sprite. I have never seen vanilla coke in Cozumel! See you soon...

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

I guess that leaves out Cok with Lime, my favorite.

Sally,
Hi,
We want to Putt at your course and just go to a beach on our own also that day.....
Can you PM me w/ a safe nice clean beach.....And if you know approx. what the cost id for the cab ride to the beach....
Thanks...
See you in about 3 weeks.....

Sally-First, sorry if this has been addressed on this thread, but I just don't have enough spare time to read 33+pages of replies! :earseek:

We will be on the Magic July 3, 7 night western and sailing into Cozumel on July 7. It will be my husband, myself, and 2 boys ages 14 and 15.

We have been thinking about trying Xcaret. Here is a bit about ourselves-DH is a good sport and will try anything new. I LOVE the tropics, hot weather and the beach so anything wet, salty, and hot will please me. Our DSs both want a day where we really don't have to be on a tight schedule or with a large group. We all tend to like to let the chips fall as they may and enjoy what we find. Our DSs want the beach and water. (actually, I think they have fins that appear in the summer. ;) )Oldest DS said he would like to see the ruins, but not spend an entire day there.

So what do you think?? Is Xcaret the place for us?? I read we can book through Disney or on our own.

Thanks for any information!
Karen

mcorbo: You can always add some fresh lime to your coke! The limes here are delicious...

dtheboys: I am posting here in case others have the same question. That way I don't end up private messaging the same thing to multiple people. Paradise Beach is a beautiful, safe, clean beach. From the minigolf it should be a $13-14 cab ride, and $13 back to the ship.

KarenB: Xcaret definitely has something for everyone. The snorkeling isn't the greatest, despite the fact that that's how they promote themselves, but the park itself is gorgeous and varied. Your family will have a great time there.

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Thanks for the information Sally. We are torn as to what to plan in Cozumel. We also thought about simply spending the day at Paradise Beach. The water trampoline and the giant iceberg looks like it would be fun for the teens. The beach looks beautiful as well.

Can you take long walks on the beach from Paradise Beach??

Karen

Yes, long walks are available as well at Paradise Beach!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Hey, thanks for your patience with all the questions!:p Saw where you mentioned Xcaret had not so great snorkeling, what has been your expereince with Chankanaab? Is the snorkeling there worth the time? Thanks

Sally could you please tell me what is the Chrysalis Project?
I will be bringing an extra (empty) suitcase and I I could fill it up with some things That would be great.
Also what is helado? Another poster wondered if it would be safe for her children? What is it? and is it safe? Just courious.
Also could you please tell me if this is doable:we arrive from DCL Magic at 10am leave at 11pm.
1. shop up to the Mini Golf (DS22 wants to purchase a few cuban cigars and coffee and pastries)
2.Mini-golf :tongue:
2.lunch at Sonora Grill: Chile Relleno,lobster and shrimp sonora ( we will share this of course)YUMMY!
3. walk to San Francisco Market for Vanilla DS might put this in his coke but I think the limes sound better.
4.taxi back to ship to unload souviners and grab beach stuff
5.taxi to Paradise Beach
6.taxi back to ship freshed-up (our dinner seating is 8:30)and carriage ride to see the town. Is the town well lit at night.
I would love to see the mini-golf at night.

Thank you so much,mamo

aliwas: The snorkeling at Chankanaab is pretty good, better at Dzul Ha, although Dzul Ha doesn't have much else to do. If you have other reasons to go to Chankanaab, I would go there. If snorkeling is what is most important, Dzul Ha is a better bet.

mamo: The Cozumel Chrysalis Group is a not for profit organization that helps less fortunate Cozumel families with the cost of educating their children. Although most students attend public schools, they must still arrive in school uniform, with proper school shoes and a long list of school supplies. This poses a financial hardship for many families. Chrysalis currently supports 184 students, providing all these necessities. Current needs for next school year are:

backpacks
2" pink erasers
glue sticks
pencil sharpeners

You can learn more about Chrysalis at:

http://geocities.com/smallsal/chrysalis

Helado is ice cream! Yes, it's safe.

Your itinerary sounds perfect! We look forward to seeing you here!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Thank You Sally!
I forgot to tell you that the Wed I will be in Cozumel (Sept 29, 2004) is also my birthday! I can't think of a better place to be than Cozumel. I love ice cream,now I know how to order it when i get there., Mamo

A friend is going to Riviera Maya next week and wants to go horseback riding. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Welcome! My question is with regard to Paradise Beach. I've heard it is a new beach that everyone really likes. We're travelling with 17 year olds... is this a good beach for the older teenagers? or would you recommend a different beach? :bounce:

Hi Sally,

I was wondering what the weather is like in January in Cozumel ? It's a long way off but my family will be on the Magic 1/15/05. Does the water become too cool to enjoy a day at Paradise Beach? We can't wait to mini golf, that's definitely in our plan. I read that you lived in PA. We live near Hershey, Pa. We could use some of that Cozumel weather to warm things up.

Thanks for any info!!!!
Joyce

Do you have any info on Nikkis beach ride? It is a horseback ride?
I am looking for a phone number so that I may make a reservation maybe you can help me out!!

Thanks....

Meesh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter