Post Your Cozumel Questions Here

Plutospup: Sorry, my expertise is pretty much limited to Cozumel.

Cooltrainer: Paradise Beach is great for any age group! Older teenagers especially like the iceberg climb, sea kayaks, and water trampoline (all free). It's a great beach for just basking in the sun (or shade) but there's also things to do! In addition to the free amenities, you can also rent jetskis, do the banana boat ride or parasail. They will love it!

Joyce: We used to live in Lancaster, very close to you! January means temps in the low 80's during the day. Cooler than the summer temps which are frequently in the 90's. Water temps might get as low as 78 degrees. I went to Paradise Beach last January and it was lovely!

msh8675: Sorry this doesn't sound like something that happens in Cozumel.

Hope that helps everyone!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Hi Sally,

What do you think about visit xcaret with 3 small kids 2y,4y,6y???
Its a good place to walk around???, Im not interested in water activities...Thanks for your help...:confused:

Sally- I've read through all the posts- thanks for all your helpful information! I have a dilemma....I will be travelling in May with three young adults and one older teen ( age 17). My boys want to rent a waverunner/ATV which I see available at Mr. Sanchos. The girls ( older two) would probably prefer Chakanaab as one isn't into "water" but would love the sea lion/bird shows there. I can't accompany them since I use a power wheelchair and as far as I can see, there isn't any accessible transportation unless you can transfer to/from a chair. Do you know if the activities/rentals at Mr. Sanchos can be reserved ahead of time or if there is enough to go around? I'd like to have things prearranged for the younger of the two so I don't have to worry that they won't be able to do what they're looking forward to. The girls have horseback riding arranged on Grand Cayman but we could switch that if you think they'd have an equal experience at Mr. Sanchos and thus all four could go there vs. splitting up. Can they do the above activities also at Paradise Beach ( I didn't see the ATV rentals there or horseback riding). Do you know if the Sonora is wheelchair accessible or should I just plan to let the kids eat at one of the beach areas vs. meeting me for lunch. We'd like to see Carlos and Charlies, but again....I don't know if it's accessible or if any of the shops are available for me to browse also. I really would love to see Cozumel vs. being stuck on the ship. Can I observe the mini golf? I know they'd all love that activity. I can "drive" my chair quite a distance. Thanks for any advice you might have!

Just4fun: Hope this is not too late! Xcaret is a beautiful place to visit, even with very young ones. It's huge however and you probably won't be able to cover most of it with your children. Some of the attractions you may enjoy, given that you aren't excited about water sports, are:

Butterfly Pavilion
Puma Island
Bat Cave
Pre-Hispanic Dancers
Equestrian Show

Just to name a few! Be sure to take your swimsuit as there's a large quiet cove just perfect for little ones.

dclfun: Wow, what a challenging question! I think your best bet is to send them all to Mr. Sancho's for horses and waverunners. The horses aren't available at any other beach. I can't compare the "horse experience" to that in Grand Cayman since I haven't ridden in either place. They should eat right at Mr. Sancho's or you can all meet at Pancho's Backyard which is in the store "Cinco Soles" and IS wheelchair accessible. You can spend some time in the store either before or after lunch. It's a beautiful place with the best of Mexico. I'm sorry to say the minigolf is on an elevated property and we have (you guessed it) stairs.

I sure hope that helps!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

My kids are 10 & 7. We are doing the Dolphin Discovery at 1:00. What else would you recommend us doing that same day. Since our Dolphin Encounter is in the middle of the day I didn't know if we should just plan on hanging at the park prior to our encounter or possibly fit something else in? I also wanted to know what else there is to do their at the park itself.

Thanks,

Misty

Aloha!:wave2:

Saw old reference somewhere about NACHI COKUM???

Is it still opened?

Maybe we are REALLY :crazy: but we are adults looking for NO ACTIVITIES!!! QUIET!!! NOT CROWDeD!!!! beach experience. Anywhere in Cozumel????:confused:

Thanks!
~Rose~:wave:

Sally, first let me say how much I've enjoyed your information and how much I appreciate the time you've devoted to answering all the posts!!!

My question is this:

What car rental company would you recommend? It seems with all these taxi fares it would be worth it to rent a car as we are a family of 5.

Sally,

What would you recommend doing for a family? One of us will be in a wheelchair, but can get in a regular taxi. Is there a kind of island type tour or something? If we came and played your minigolf is there someplace the wheelchair person can sit and watch (shady)? How do we get to your place?

Any sugestions are greatly appreciated. I heard Mr Sanchos is pretty accesible (except beach of course) with big enough potties for the chair, correct?

Thanks
Sherry

Hi Sally--We have a dolphin swim at 2:00. We thought we would go to paradise beach 1st thing in the morning -- then go to our dolphin swim by 2:00. after some snorkle time we plan to visit mini golf. My question is whether or not our trip to paradise is needed. we love the idea of "beach time" and are worried that chankanaub is not a "Beach" type of experience. What is chankanaub like? thanks so much for your help. Our dd is 8 and loves to play in the ocean. Jill

Hi Sally, I just got through reading most of the posts. Thank you for taking the time to answer everyone's questions. Your answers have been very helpful!

I have two questions for you. First, we are thinking of doing the Dune Buggy tour, have you heard much about them? Second, we will be there mid October, how is the weather? Is it the rainy season?

Hopefully we will have time to come over and do some minigolf. Hope to see you in October.:)

Cindy

Hi Sally,

We will be in Cozumel in November and our friends were hoping to find a glass bottom boat excursion. Do you know of any reputable companies?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Karen

We will be in port on the Jan 29, 005 DCL, are travelling with a almost 5 year old. My questions is are the ruin excursions too much for that young of a child, my husband really wants to see the ruins.

What would you recommend for her and I to do, if the ruins are too much but husband still goes.

Thanks, looking forward to visiting.

Wow, what a great thread. I did not have time to read all 35 pages, but read about half of them as I am currently trying to decide what to do on Cozumel for our Jan 07 cruise.

Sally sounds like a wonderful person! Anyone know if she is still on the boards? The last post to this thread was 2 years ago. Lots of things have changed in Cozumel and I'd love to hear from a local as to the best spots to visit now.

Also, I'm just curious how Minigolf Sally is doing herself after last years hurricaines...

ANYONE??? SALLY???

I'm curious, too. Glad to see this bumped. I have bought some books in Spanish to bring to Cozumel and will double check the lists before we go in October to what is still needed for Cozumel kids. I think the mini-golf is the drop off point?

http://www.geocities.com/smallsal/chrysalis/

Carla

i was thinking of doing the corona reef snorkel with 10 y/o dtr. is it nice?

Thanks for doing this for us all,

With the short time Disney is in port, will I still have to go over to Cancun for a few hours?

john

I'd like to know if this business is still up & running. Sounds like a wonderful thing to do while we are in Cozumel. Anyone know????

If anyone is interested...I emailed this business directly & Scott replied that yes indeed they are still there & still surviving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter