Post your funniest story from a Disney Cruise!

Some of these stories are hilarious. This may be a "you had to be there" moment but we all thought it was funny.

Before our recent cruise, my SILs were driving us from WDW to the port, and on the way my one SIL told my boys (6 and 10) that we're lucky we're not sailing on Carnival, we'd have to take our own bucket to use as toilet, referring to their recent bathroom problems. Of course my boys (at least the 6yo) took her completely seriously, thinking there was no bathroom, and a bucket was required luggage.

On our sea day, we were eating lunch at a table right near the window, and we could see a Carnival ship also headed north. DS6 pipes up, "Is that the clown ship where you need a bucket?" DH, DS10 and I all laughed so hard, both at him referring to the Carnival ship as a clown ship, and of course, the bucket.

While not directly on our cruise, our cruise was part of a larger family vacation to celebrate my parents' 45th anniversary and my sister and my birthdays (same day...but we're not twins). The cruise at the end we knew. First night meeting up in Orlando, we knew.

Get up the first morning we're all together and are told we're going to West Palm Beach that day. Ok, random. LOL. But other than a massive back-up and detour from the turnpike (when we could see, it looked to be a bad truck wreck), we got there. Checking in, the guy said "One night?" and my dad nodded. Ok, so we're going somewhere else.

Daddy is convinced we know where we're going (we = sis and me). I am clueless - my one guess based on him saying at one point it would be a new adventure for us, was Sanibel but that now made no sense as why would we go to the opposite coast. Sis was thinking Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

Well, we get up and go down to breakfast at the Hampton Inn where we were staying in WPB. Daddy has a game he's created for us to guess where we're going. (Oh yeah...Mom knows where we're going too.) Well, my sister has a headache, and finally agrees that she could take some Aleve, but she doesn't have any. Daddy says, "You can have some of mine, and I'll just get some more when we get to Key West." and then looked horrified that he'd blown it. :rotfl: Sis and I are like "HUH???" and Mom tried to play it off like "Oh, are you going to Key West?" but the cat was out of the bag.

We laughed about that all vacation. He did sooooooo well at keeping it a surprise (difficult for him when he's excited about something), and blew it at the last moment.

My best story took place during the land portion of our land and sea trip. We tried something different and took the red eye to Orlando thinking we might sleep on the flight and then have the whole day at WDW. Well I had come down with a really bad upper respiratory bug and was coughing my head off, and DH could not sleep during the flight. I, having had several children, fell victim to a coughing spell and a weak bladder. Well you know you don't get your luggage for up to several hours after you arrive. So the plan was to go to Downtown Disney, find a shop and get some fresh undies (I know TMI). We then shopped around a bit and DH was getting tired and crabby. I decided I had better make a quick trip to the girls room before we headed back to our resort. While I was sitting there I hear a man's voice. I think, great they are cleaning the bathroom while I am here. Then I hear another man's voice, then a couple more. OMG! I am in the men's room. How on earth did I miss that? I waited hoping that it would clear out but it never did and I know DH is getting crankier the longer he waits. Finally I bust out, cover my eyes and run for it yelling I'm sorry over and over again. That my friend was the first day of our vacation.

While this may just be a "you had to be there" moment, my friends and I still find it hilarious. It was Pirate Night and my friends parents had left the teenagers (16, 15, 15, and 12) to dine alone in Animators Palette. Our waiter had just filled up my cup with ice cold water to the top and bam! I elbowed it and knocked the whole cup over onto my friend. It went all in her lap and her face was kind of just shocked.:rotfl2: We still laugh about it and it was almost a year ago!

Might as well...

I have a strange phobia of public bathrooms. I refuse to use them for uh, certain activities. I don't mind my own bathroom in hotel rooms (or my cruise stateroom), but I absolutely cannot use the stalls elsewhere.

Anyways, it was Sunday on the ship, and I was down watching the Cowboys lose another game, and munching on the wings and nachos and drinking beer. Lethal combination. About halftime I suddenly had to "go". I know, I know, TMI...

I got up, and began to walk rather hurriedly back to my stateroom. It gradually turned into a walk/run. Sweating, I got down to my room, the door is open, and the cleaning cart is right outside. Oh well. So sorry, pardon me...hop into the bathroom and WHEW...

Relieved, I walk out, and as I enter the hall, my wife suddenly walks out of the room next door...

"Uh honey, what are you doing in that room?"

Are you serious?! This story about made me spit my pop on the computer screen! That is SO funny!! :lmao:

Might as well...

I have a strange phobia of public bathrooms. I refuse to use them for uh, certain activities. I don't mind my own bathroom in hotel rooms (or my cruise stateroom), but I absolutely cannot use the stalls elsewhere.

Anyways, it was Sunday on the ship, and I was down watching the Cowboys lose another game, and munching on the wings and nachos and drinking beer. Lethal combination. About halftime I suddenly had to "go". I know, I know, TMI...

I got up, and began to walk rather hurriedly back to my stateroom. It gradually turned into a walk/run. Sweating, I got down to my room, the door is open, and the cleaning cart is right outside. Oh well. So sorry, pardon me...hop into the bathroom and WHEW...

Relieved, I walk out, and as I enter the hall, my wife suddenly walks out of the room next door...

O.M.G.

I laughed so hard I have tears rolling down my cheeks.

my DH me and some other folks were in the elevator ....there were like 6 adults and 2 little boys(we did not know any of them).....the little boy had a pin and with such excitement he innocently looked up at my DH and asked "Do you want to look at my woody"? well all the adults looked at each other and started busting out laughing laughing...

his pin was "Woody" from toy story that he had just gotten...:upsidedow

the next night my DH was given a woody pin from one of the other adults in memory of that night...I wear it on my lanyard :)

Might as well...

:lmao:

Last year my family and extended family took our first Disney cruise. At our first dinner the servers all came out and gave me a special cake for my birthday. They also immediately "pinned" me with this little Happy Birthday button. As we left the dining room the CM would tell me HBD. Aww that's nice I thought. Then as the wonder of the ship overcame me, I forgot all about the button. Everywhere I went though the CM's would say HBD to me. I was so impressed that they all knew it was my special day. How could they all know? This went on through out the ship and finally we came to the kids club to let my daughter check it out. The CM there of course also said HBD. Finally I had to say "this place really is magical. EVERYONE knows its my BD. How do you do it? She was so sweet and simply smiled and pointed to my button,,,:blush: I felt like the most naive, star struck child. :confused3 Oh well, it really was magical.:thumbsup2

Last year my family and extended family took our first Disney cruise. At our first dinner the servers all came out and gave me a special cake for my birthday. They also immediately "pinned" me with this little Happy Birthday button. As we left the dining room the CM would tell me HBD. Aww that's nice I thought. Then as the wonder of the ship overcame me, I forgot all about the button. Everywhere I went though the CM's would say HBD to me. I was so impressed that they all knew it was my special day. How could they all know? This went on through out the ship and finally we came to the kids club to let my daughter check it out. The CM there of course also said HBD. Finally I had to say "this place really is magical. EVERYONE knows its my BD. How do you do it? She was so sweet and simply smiled and pointed to my button,,,:blush: I felt like the most naive, star struck child. :confused3 Oh well, it really was magical.:thumbsup2

Awww pixiedust::flower3:

This just happened on our July dream cruise. My family and i were sitting in the atrium planning our next activity. It was about 4:45 on Nassau day. We got to see each princess come out on their way to their meet and greets. Each one would either stop momentarily or wave to my DD9. Very sweet and its what I will always love about disney. Snow White, in fact, actually came and sat across from us to visit for about 2 minutes. She began to get up to make her departure, talking and waving her hands around and being very cute and perky. She is backing away slowly, then quickly turns and WHAM almost slams right into a column. It struck me as so funny just because she had been so perky and happy. She never broke character and never even acknowledged that she had come so close to having a bloody nose! She kept bouncing along and went along her merry way!

where do I begin:

we met a family while in the terminal only because when it was time to board he stood up, I stood up, I bent over the pick up my bag, as I was lifting my bag he bent over to pick up his bag, I hit him in the head almost knocking him down, now for you NASCAR fans this is when it got funny, I was picking up a Tony Stewart bag he was wearing a Dale Jr shirt, I say I am so sorry I didn't mean to hit you he said oh its okay, I said well if I had know you were wearing that shirt I'd have hit you harder, he looks down sees my Tony Stewart bag and says oh I see you were bump drafting. We became fast friends and still are to this day.

on the same cruise my daughter and I left the ship in Cozmel to do some shopping, I'm walking through the mall and I notice that my daughter has stopped I turn around to look at her and realize I am standing in an area where I am surrounded by birds, I have a huge fear of birds, I start screaming and fall to the floor the birds are screaming back at me, my daughter is rolling around laughing:rotfl2:, I crawl out from where the birds are she is still laughing and so are about 20 other people who have walked up and I still call her my daughter.

where do I begin:

on the same cruise my daughter and I left the ship in Cozmel to do some shopping, I'm walking through the mall and I notice that my daughter has stopped I turn around to look at her and realize I am standing in an area where I am surrounded by birds, I have a huge fear of birds, I start screaming and fall to the floor the birds are screaming back at me, my daughter is rolling around laughing:rotfl2:, I crawl out from where the birds are she is still laughing and so are about 20 other people who have walked up and I still call her my daughter.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

My mom has the same fear and would have done the samething. Although, I'm not sure would still claim us.

We were at our first dinner on our first cruise in Aug. We had just met our tablemates and were discussing the appetizers. I had read about the dreaded shrimp/onion cheesecake app and sure enough there it was on the menu. We didn't pay attention to what our tablemates ordered. DH ordered the salmon tartare. So they bring the husband what looks like a piece of cheesecake and we make a joke about eating dessert first. THEN they put the same thing in front of DH. Waiter assuring them both it is the salmon tartare. Now I am no great food expert but I know what salmon looks like and that wasn't it! The other guy takes a bite and all but spits it out. My DH will basically eat anything (except for beets) so wolfs it down. The other husband just looked at my DH in disbelief. All the time DH stating it just doesnt taste like salmon. But the waiter is assuring them that's what it is.

About 10 minutes later the head waiter rushes over with the salmon tartare, apologizing profusely about the mistake. The husband asks what was it that my DH just ate and was told the shrimp cheesecake. Of course we joked the entire night and thereafter about my DH that would basically eat anything (except beets).

Thank goodness our tablemates had a sense of humor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter