Post your funniest story from a Disney Cruise!

This happened to DD at Castaway Cay. We had just gotten lunch and I turned around to get some napkins and next I know there are three castmembers surrounding DD. I thought she had dropped her food as her hotdog bun was on the ground. A seagull swooped over her head and stole her hotdog. Messed up her hair and everything. But here's the funny part (as if that wasn't enough) the CM's all looked at DD and asked her if she wanted another hotdog. Duh. It's her lunch. So DD says yes and one of them goes over, grabs a hotdog out of the bun in the serving tray and gives it to DD. DD then asks where the bun is and the CM says you didn't say you wanted a bun too. So now there's a bun with no hotdog in the serving tray. So we get back in line to get her a bun and the people in front of us are talking about how someone had the nerve to take the hotdog out of the bun and left the bun in the serving tray :lmao:.

This just happened on our July dream cruise. My family and i were sitting in the atrium planning our next activity. It was about 4:45 on Nassau day. We got to see each princess come out on their way to their meet and greets. Each one would either stop momentarily or wave to my DD9. Very sweet and its what I will always love about disney. Snow White, in fact, actually came and sat across from us to visit for about 2 minutes. She began to get up to make her departure, talking and waving her hands around and being very cute and perky. She is backing away slowly, then quickly turns and WHAM almost slams right into a column. It struck me as so funny just because she had been so perky and happy. She never broke character and never even acknowledged that she had come so close to having a bloody nose! She kept bouncing along and went along her merry way!

Thats so cute!

While on the ship the only thing I ever wear, (except in the MDR's) is board shorts, t-shirts, and my reef flip flops, (the one's with a bottle opener in the sole, boy has that come in handy!) So anyway, we finally get to CC, after having to stop in Nassau unexpectedly to let a sick passenger off. We didn't get there until after noon, and our first cruise we had to skip CC because of bad weather. Needless to say, I was very excited to get off the ship and hit the beach. So my wife and kids and I all head towards the family beach and hit the water. My wife just wanted to read so she sat at the beach chairs while the rest of us hit the cool, dare I say cold, Caribbean water. After spending time out there I decided it was time to get a drink and hang out with my wife. So as I'm zig sagging people to get back to the chairs, I see my wife move her sun glasses down on her nose and eyes starting to get really wide. When I finally got to the chairs, she threw me a towel and to sit down, I was like what are you talking about it??? She looked at me and said, "Way to go Einstein, you put on your white board shorts without the mesh liner." I looked down and realized, everyone could tell how cold the water was that day! I wasted about the next 30 minutes, going back to the Fantasy wrapped in my towel to change shorts. Next cruise, the white board shorts are staying home!
:bitelip::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

While on the ship the only thing I ever wear, (except in the MDR's) is board shorts, t-shirts, and my reef flip flops, (the one's with a bottle opener in the sole, boy has that come in handy!) So anyway, we finally get to CC, after having to stop in Nassau unexpectedly to let a sick passenger off. We didn't get there until after noon, and our first cruise we had to skip CC because of bad weather. Needless to say, I was very excited to get off the ship and hit the beach. So my wife and kids and I all head towards the family beach and hit the water. My wife just wanted to read so she sat at the beach chairs while the rest of us hit the cool, dare I say cold, Caribbean water. After spending time out there I decided it was time to get a drink and hang out with my wife. So as I'm zig sagging people to get back to the chairs, I see my wife move her sun glasses down on her nose and eyes starting to get really wide. When I finally got to the chairs, she threw me a towel and to sit down, I was like what are you talking about it??? She looked at me and said, "Way to go Einstein, you put on your white board shorts without the mesh liner." I looked down and realized, everyone could tell how cold the water was that day! I wasted about the next 30 minutes, going back to the Fantasy wrapped in my towel to change shorts. Next cruise, the white board shorts are staying home!

Do you happen to have a link to those flip flops? My husband saw someone wearing some once and we have been looking for them ever since.

I've already posted one but I'll do another,

On our first day we board the ship, go to have lunch, my DD who was 10 at the time says mom we need napkins we don't have napkins, I said honey this is your napkin showing her the cloth napkin, she holds up the napkin and says this is a piece of cloth not a napkin. :confused3 I burst out laughing and said it's okay just use the piece of cloth.

I've already posted one but I'll do another,

On our first day we board the ship, go to have lunch, my DD who was 10 at the time says mom we need napkins we don't have napkins, I said honey this is your napkin showing her the cloth napkin, she holds up the napkin and says this is a piece of cloth not a napkin. :confused3 I burst out laughing and said it's okay just use the piece of cloth.

hehehe

Love this :rotfl:

On our 1st Disney cruise in 2009 our server was awesome, and one night he showed one of our table mates "ketchup on fire" in which he poured ketchup on a plate and put hot pepper in it and said if he mixes it for a while it will catch on fire. So as he was mixing it with a spoon he put his hand over it and said it was getting warm and our table mate should put his hand over it to feel the heat and it would not be long before it would catch on fire. When our table mate put his hand over it the server slapped his hand in the ketchup. There were 4 couples at the table and we all laughed like never before. :rotfl2: It was great. Well, I showed that to my son when we got home and he gets everyone to fall for it. So this year on our 4th cruise our server was joking with my kids so my son asked me if he could show the server ketchup on fire. I thought about it for a while and said to go for it and hoped we would not get in to much trouble. So, my son showed it to our server and he took it all in good fun. My wife recorded it on her phone and showed the assistant server and he almost fell on the floor laughing. The rest of the cruise the assistant server brought other servers and assistant servers over to our table to watch the video and they laughed about it whenever they saw us. It was great. :) :thumbsup2 :lmao:

One morning my husband and I ate at cabanas. We prepared our plates and sat down. I was enjoying my eggs Benedict and asparagus when.......*whack* ! A child's (kid was about 6 or so.....old enough to know better) Disney croc landed in my plate. I was stunned. I am not sure if the kid threw it or kicked it off. The mother said sorry, grabbed her kid, and headed for the door. At the time it annoyed me. The mother did not even offer to help clean up or get paper towels. My drink spilled everywhere. Some people are just rude. I have kids and you better believe I would be offering to get towels and help clean up if my 6 year old threw a shoe in someone's plate. Looking back on it.....it is slightly humorous though.

One morning my husband and I ate at cabanas. We prepared our plates and sat down. I was enjoying my eggs Benedict and asparagus when.......*whack* ! A child's (kid was about 6 or so.....old enough to know better) Disney croc landed in my plate. I was stunned. I am not sure if the kid threw it or kicked it off. The mother said sorry, grabbed her kid, and headed for the door. At the time it annoyed me. The mother did not even offer to help clean up or get paper towels. My drink spilled everywhere. Some people are just rude. I have kids and you better believe I would be offering to get towels and help clean up if my 6 year old threw a shoe in someone's plate. Looking back on it.....it is slightly humorous though.

The mom may have been so mad she was hurrying the kid out of there so she didn't explode at him in public.

It wasn't funny at the time, but looking back, and re-telling the story, it becomes pretty funny. I was pretty embarrassed, lol.

I'm known for ordering the most chocolate of chocolate desserts wherever I go. The first 2 nights that I tried to order a chocolate dessert, unfortunately they all crossed with my coconut allergy. Sigh. I settled for cheesecakes.

Night 3 was Animators. I see the Cookies and Cream Sundae. I was salivating, knowing that it was safe and basic. Here comes my beloved server with a cheesecake. He apologizes that the cookies and cream sundae was not safe for me. At this point he kind of had to run because of the turning point in the show.

Luckily the lights were dimmed, as I started to sob. People around me probably thought that I just was moved by the show, LOL. I looked at my husband and choked out, "I just want something chocolate." :sad: It was even more hilarious that you could see he felt my pain and felt genuinely sorry for me.

In my 30 years, I have never had a chocolate nervous breakdown. I mean... sure, I've counted the minutes until lunch to go grab a Milky Way... but I've never burst out in tears :sad:

The show was over, and I was trying to compose myself as the lights came back on. Our assistant server caught me :flower3:. On Day 3, I had pretty much considered Kat to be my new best friend, lol, so I opened up to her. I told her that I just wanted chocolate and if I saw another cheesecake that I was going to lose it. :scared: She offered to grab me a Mickey Bar, but in my desperation I told her that I wasn't a huge fan of vanilla ice cream. Maybe I was tired, but I couldn't make these tears stop... WHAT IN THE WORLD??

So my other new best friend, Mehmet, came back with straight up chocolate ice cream for me and told me that the next day at Carioca's that I would have chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. The ice cream was lovely, and much appreciated. princess:

I am officially embarrassed for sharing that. :upsidedow

(they did spoil me the last night, and it was heavenly!!)

We were on our very first Disney cruise, travelling with another family. It was formal night and both hubbys were dressed to the nine in their tuxedos. They decided to have a beverage at one of the deck bars while waiting for the rest of us to get ready. We called to let them know we were all set and on the way back friend's hubby didn't calculate the height of those yellow mickey stacks so well. Suddenly bang ! Hit his head pretty hard, but shrugged it off (men !). Back at the room friend checked it out and told him to head down to the doctor. He would have nothing of it, slapped on a bandaid and off to dinner we went. There we were all decked out in our formal wear, enjoying a relaxing dinner, and the blood started coming. Friend's hubby didn't even notice until our server had to insist he head down to the doctor. He ended up getting stitches.

I know what you're thinking .. So far not funny ... Well kinda, if you can picture it :)

Next day my friend could not stop talking about "hot doctor Nick". It became this running joke for the rest of our cruise ... what excuse we could find to go see "hot Doctor Nick". About day 4 we got on the elevator from the top deck heading down to the kids clubs. Another female passeger got on the elevator with us and press floor 1. My friend looked over at me to see if I noticed that she had pressed number 1. Of course I did. She turned to the female passenger, barely able to contain her excitment, and said "oh are you going down to see hot Doctor Nick ??".

The other passenger turned to her and with an annoyed tone said " there ARE rooms on the first floor too you know". I immediately started to chuckle to myself, but my poor friend, was so mortified, she got off the elevator the next stop, opting to take the stairs the rest of the way.

Still laugh about it today ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter