POTD - Wedding!! Now With Directory on Page 1

It's Thursday - How about your Hidden Mickey pictures

232323232%7Ffp53654%3Enu%3D3384%3E776%3E9%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D3239624295%3B85nu0mrj

It was funny - I didn't ask for any Hidden Mickeys and didn't even see this one until after our wedding! They hid it on the back of my bouquet, with the only "green bits." I didn't want any "green bits" in my bouquet, but you couldn't see these at all unless you looked at the back of my bouquet and they were needed to support the roses, so that was o.k. ;)

I know I have more (but no pics of them yet). But, Mom didn't know she was going to get to ride in the coach! She was pretty excited!

CIMG4559.jpg

I have a hidden mickey in my dress - all over it, which I didn't notice till I was inspecting for alterations
255suth.jpg

I LOVE your invitations, did you design those yourself or did you order those.

They are exactly what I am looking for, a little mickey and very classy.

You have great taste!!!

I worked through Shelley at Impressions. I had a clear idea of what I wanted, and she pulled the Disney images she had available to get me exactly what I wanted. Bear in mind a couple things:

1. Shelley is the only one licensed to do specialty work with Disney licensing, but that also means you pay a Disney licensing fee for the items that have Disney imaging on them. For instance, my invitations and my Welcome Dinner invitations had Disney images on them, but Shelley worked with us to put the images ONLY where they made the biggest impact (so our response cards and reception cards didn't). It was still $200 for the licensing. On the flip side, it was $75 for our Thank you cards, so I think it depends on the number of items ordered.

2. We had letterpress invitations...and yes it is expensive. We didn't go with that for all the other "paper" and Shelley's prices (when you subtract out the licensing) are not that bad. You can always talk about flat printing. That is how she did our menu cards and programs.

If you want something like this, be up front about your budget constraints and try to get the biggest bang for your buck.

I know some brides do some amazing DIY work, but I just didn't have the time or talent!

I can send you more stuff if you need it.

I had several of these in my bouquet and in my flowergirls' rose wand:
WeddingMarch32008WaltDisneyWorld716.jpg

We also had Mickeys on our placecards, but they weren't really hidden :goodvibes
VK11043-3-08.jpg

Special moments from yesterday. The first picture isn't that special, but I remember that moment. Our bridal party had just left for the reception and we were heading to take some shots alone. Kris and I were talking about how we couldn't believe that the wedding was over and that we were married. It was such a surreal moment for us.
VK18973-3-08.jpg

A special moment with my bridesmaids right after the wedding, we were laughing and joking with each other and I didn't know that Randy was taking any shots.
VK18163-3-08.jpg

ASC_7244.jpg

DSC05386.jpg

Darn, I have two really great hidden Mickey's but I don't have my pro photos back... there's always next time.

Thanks! I LOVED them! When Shelley told me which castle she was going to use, she said it was for the "What are You Celebrating" promotion that was coming out (but they had only started advertising it on the internet). So, it was so exciting to get to WDW and see "our" symbol EVERYWHERE. Particularly the specialty desserts that came with the Mickey Balloon candies.

Thanks! I LOVED them! When Shelley told me which castle she was going to use, she said it was for the "What are You Celebrating" promotion that was coming out (but they had only started advertising it on the internet). So, it was so exciting to get to WDW and see "our" symbol EVERYWHERE. Particularly the specialty desserts that came with the Mickey Balloon candies.

Wow, I just LOVE that design.

Linda

How about your planner? Kris wanted to get a shot with Marion and she was a little hesitant at first, but she finally agreed. I'm so glad we got it because she truly made our day special and it is nice to have this to remember her by :goodvibes
VK02173-3-08.jpg

For today's topic, how about your guest book? I made a wishing tree for ours. I cut all the paper and stamped some of the cards with gold ink and added Swarovski beads to the ends of the ribbon.

ASC_7575.jpg

ASC_7252.jpg

I wish we had done something creative with the guestbook, but it was a detail that just slipped through my fingers in the planning. So, we just got the guest book that has the Mickey crystals

And here's a shot our photographer grabbed of the pages.

0814.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter