POTD - Wedding!! Now With Directory on Page 1

Happy birthday to your daughter Betsy!

I wore a garter, but we didn't do a toss.

the clock is off - I posted that at 11:07 but look

<======== it says 11:07 now!!

Hahaha..thanks..she is a good girl and was so happy that her mom and dad FINALLY got married and she got to be a part of it
t9tz87.jpg

Happy birthday to her!!!!!!!!!!! did you take her to the Kingdom today for her free entry? ;)

Maxim is so psyched to be having his birthday there...he is beside himself!!

cheryl

no..we have annual passes.. so she doesn't get a free entry

cheryl - someone was looking for info on a hush hush VR on their balcony..didn't you do that for your 10th?

she doesnt get free entry but she could get a gift card for $75.00 that is what I did it was great!!!!!

Darn!! I wish I had known that! It would have been worth it to go!!

Thursday!!!

JEWERLY!!

There is a story behind mine that I am not sure if I have told on here.
My mother has very carefully saved / preserved all my grandmothers, etc. jewelry..even the costume because she is sentimental. Some of it did get distributed to my older sister when my dad died and mom moved from the big house to the beach condo...less room.
I was looking for something to wear one day at the mall when I remembered this tidbit..I called mom and asked if she had Ma's (my dad's mom) crystals or pearl necklace..she brought both to the ship, my dress was covered in pearls and crystals, but I thought the crystals set off better against the more prominent pearls .....

so..that long winded story was to tell you how I picked my jewelry..they were very heavy and actual crystals..not sure what that means..maybe someone with more jewelry smarts can tell me..

outpau.jpg

**ETA - If I had not lost all the weight, I never would have been able to wear these..they fit just perfect!**

Betsy, I love your jewelry story :)

I think this is the best picture of my jewelry. I had a Swarovski tiara and wore it like a headband. A leaf design set of earrings and matching bracelet which picked up the design in my gown. I had my e-ring on my right hand along with a ring I inherited that is over 100 years old and I wear it all the time; it was my "something old." I'm not a necklace girl and rarely wear them. My gown had a lot of detail at the top and I didn't want to compete with that, so no necklace.

232323232%7Ffp5365%3B%3Enu%3D3384%3E776%3E9%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D3239623989%3B6%3Bnu0mrj

Necklace, Tiara, and earings:

disney2246.jpg

In this pic you can sort of see my bracelet and my horseshoe ring, which was the first piece of jewelry DH ever gave me:

disney2205.jpg

Wedding and e-ring (Wedding ring was my Grandma's and has a lot of sentimental value for me):

morewedding83108029.jpg

So I am very non traditional and had to funk it up a bit since I was in an actual wedding dress and never thought I would want to wear one! The first pic shows my chunky blue necklace which I loooved, as well as my wedding bands and one of my mom's rings- the ruby one (her birthstone) on my right hand.

23357-1.jpg

This pic shows my hair and my earrings. The orchid was for my mom. When she was healthy she grew them and had a ton on her patio, so I had Dad wear an orchid bout too. The earrings were a wonderful gift from my hubby. I fell in love with the pearls when we bought our wedding bands at Tiffany's and they are my dad's birthstone. I really wanted to represent my Mom and Dad since they are a part of me, and since my Mom could not be there. I needed to have her close to me that day.

19152.jpg

I think it's great how so many of us represented our family members in our jewelry!

I tell my story a lot, so I'll try to be brief: I wanted a ginormous necklace and couldn't find one big enough or colorful enough, so I bought turquoise chandelier crystals on eBay and sent them to a jeweler to be made into a necklace and earrings. She strung them on an antique watch chain and put a locket at the end of it, so I put pictures of my mom in the locket.

0443_1046N_13.jpg

0065_0128N.jpg

0066_0138J_12.jpg

I can finally play since I got married last week! :banana: :banana: :banana:

DisneyFebruary2009116.jpg
The rings in a mickey head shape

DisneyFebruary2009151.jpg

DisneyFebruary2009138.jpg
my necklace that my mom gave me with a beautiful poem, and my crystal earrings

no..we have annual passes.. so she doesn't get a free entry

cheryl - someone was looking for info on a hush hush VR on their balcony..didn't you do that for your 10th?

Yes I did, let me know who they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter