• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prayer requests

My mom did talk to my dad last night. It upset her a little because of how hard it was to understand him - she thinks he isn't making sense when he talks. I think it is just hard to understand him because of the speach problems - I think he knows what he is saying it is just hard to understand it. We will know better when we can talk to him in person.

We are going over to MS when I get off work Friday and coming back to AL on Sunday. I am going to let her stay with him all day Saturday if she wants to.

Thanks everyone for the continued prayers and pixie dust.

I am so glad your Dad is doing better. Continued prayers for you and your family. I know it isn't easy to suddenly become the "parent" to your parents. Hang in there.

We went over to MS Friday night and went to see dad Saturday. He is looking a lot better but has lost a lot of weight. He still has no appetite but I did get him to eat some while I was there.

He is still very weak but he is doing well in his physical therapy. He makes sense most of the time when he talks but sometimes he asks questions - like do you remember... - or makes statements that lets us know he is thinking about something that happened 10, 15, or 40 years ago. He is having more hearing problems than he did before the stroke but maybe that is part of the damage and will get better or not. He has hearing aids but I don't know where they are - I am going to have to do a search of the house and try to find them the next time I am over there. But... even without his hearing aids before the stroke, he could hear better than he does now.

Sunday he kept going back and forth between knowing that he would be at the hospital for a while longer and thinking he was going home with me at the end of the day.

I am just happy to still have him with us and that I can talk to him and he can talk to me and most of the time we understand each other.

Thanks to everyone for their continued good thoughts and prayers on his behalf.

Bless you all,
Sandy

well that's good news! glad to hear he's getting better. one day at a time for that sort of thing. thanks for the update! i'll keep sending prayers your way. :wizard: :grouphug:

Hi everyone, I wanted to request some prayers for my son Dominic He is 11 months old and will be having his forth surgery on Nov 14th. He is such a wonderful happy little guy, but he needs a little help from upstairs. Thanks to everyone.

right away! lots of prayers and pixie dust heading right to you!!!! :wizard: :grouphug:

gabbysmom04 said:
Hi everyone, I wanted to request some prayers for my son Dominic He is 11 months old and will be having his forth surgery on Nov 14th. He is such a wonderful happy little guy, but he needs a little help from upstairs. Thanks to everyone.

:grouphug: Prayers and pixie dust for you. Let us know how he progresses.

Sandy

gabbysmom04 said:

Gabbysmom, Dominic will be in our hearts, and you as well. It is horrible to have a sick child. Please keep us posted.

I just wanted to say thank you for your prayers. We just found out that Dominic has mild hearing lose in both ears so we will be getting tubes too. I hate going to the DR everytime we do there is something else wrong!

Well, we thought my dad would be having gallbladder surgery next week but the neurosurgeon wanted to fix the avm first.

He had a visit with the neurosurgeon yesterday and things look good but he wants to do a spinal tap - I am not sure what he is looking for.

His other doc is trying to find out why he still has so much nausea. He has been on iv feeding for over a week so he shouldn't be having any gallbladder irritation or nausea but he has had really bad nausea all week.

They are moving him back to the other hospital today for the spinal tap, an endoscopy, and a gastric venting study. I am hoping they can figure out what to do to help him.

I am taking mom back to see him this weekend. I just hope he is feeling better by then. Yesterday was his birthday - he is 69 now. I had been planning to get him a small birthday cake and his favorite ice cream - black walnut - but I think it would just make him sick so we will have to celebrate his birthday when he can come home with us.

Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I am having good days and bad days. I am trying to be a trooper and be positive but I do worry and sometimes it gets the better of me and I have one of those teary mornings - today is one.

My mom is constantly worried about him and always asking me questions that I have no answer for (what could be causing the nausea..., what can they give him for the nausea..., are they keeping him warm enough..., does he have enough blankets...., what if it is..., do you think he will ever get better..., did you tell them..., what did they say about..., did they test for....). I know they are doing the best they can for him. No, I don't ask everytime I talk to anyone if he is warm enough or if they are giving him anything for the nausea. I find out what tests they are doing, what the results are and what the next step is in his care plan.

I don't mean to complain about my mom - it is just one of those mornings. I know she is worried and being 5 hours away from the hospital where he is doesn't help her. I just try to keep calm around her. I know she is getting tired of me answering all her questions with "i dont know" though.

Well, I have rambled along longer than I meant to - sorry.

Sandy

First, Sandy, I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be so far from your dad and trying to take care of your mom. My prayers are with you and your family. I hope the tests come out with something definite so they can fix it!

Now, we got some bad news today. Noah was supposed to start the second of the "big" chemo leading up to the stem cell replacement. But they got to St. Judes this morning and his blood counts had dropped to almost zero so they had to postpone the chemo.

Then the doctors told my cousin that there was a problem with the stem cells they had harvested. All of those stem cells have cancer in them - none were clean. When Melinda asked how that could be, since the last bone marrow test came back negative, the doctors said that the test only meant there was no cancer in the spot they took the sample, that the cancer could be elsewhere. So, it appears that his cancer has made its way to his bone marrow. They are going to try to harvest more stem cells, but there is no guarantee they can find a cancer-free place to get them.

Every day, with every piece of news we get, it becomes more clear that Noah's only hope is prayer.

And he just had his fifth birthday two weeks ago.

KAMommy said:
First, Sandy, I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be so far from your dad and trying to take care of your mom. My prayers are with you and your family. I hope the tests come out with something definite so they can fix it!

Now, we got some bad news today. Noah was supposed to start the second of the "big" chemo leading up to the stem cell replacement. But they got to St. Judes this morning and his blood counts had dropped to almost zero so they had to postpone the chemo.

Then the doctors told my cousin that there was a problem with the stem cells they had harvested. All of those stem cells have cancer in them - none were clean. When Melinda asked how that could be, since the last bone marrow test came back negative, the doctors said that the test only meant there was no cancer in the spot they took the sample, that the cancer could be elsewhere. So, it appears that his cancer has made its way to his bone marrow. They are going to try to harvest more stem cells, but there is no guarantee they can find a cancer-free place to get them.

Every day, with every piece of news we get, it becomes more clear that Noah's only hope is prayer.

How heartbreaking. We'll be in prayer.

keep the faith sandy. everyday is another day. i'm sure the will figure out something.

kamommy, so sorry to hear about noah's bad news. i think about him often. he is around my son's age, so sometimes when i read about noah i have to just go hug and kiss my little man. we are all praying for him. i wish there was something i could do. all the love to him and your family. :grouphug: :wizard:

KAMommy said:

Thanks so much!!

KAMommy said:

Much prayer and pixie dust for your family and for little Noah. :hug: Is he eligible for donor bone marrow? I know my sorority chapter had a service project several years ago that was a drive for people to be tested as donors. Maybe you could connect with a group that does service projects there and get them to do a donor drive for Noah.

Just trying to come up with something to help - even though I know it is hard for anyone to help you right now - :butterfly Just know we care.

Sandy

The pastor at the church where my DD goes to preschool found out last week that he has brain cancer and he had surgery today. Although I haven't heard about the surgery yet, he is with one of the best neurosurgeons and they said his prognosis is good. Please just keep him in your prayers. Thanks!

:hug: Hugs

:flower3:Prayers and
pixiedust:

Pixie Dust
for Laure, Noah, Dominic and Mickster's Minister.

Drove to Jackson yesterday and brought my dad back to Montgomery. He is doing ok - still having trouble with nausea but did better on the trip that I thought he would. He threw up after getting into the car and after getting into the house last night - the nausea seems to be related to him standing up and moving around.

I got his medicines filled this morning and I made him some oatmeal around 7:30 and he had kept it down when I left the house a little after 9.

Thanks to all of you who have kept him in your thoughts and prayers. It is just going to be a slow process getting him back to something near his old self - I am not sure he will ever get all his strength and mobility back but we are hoping that he will get enough back that he will be happy with what he can do.

I just talked to the adminstrative coordinator at the chuch where my DD goes to preschool. She said that the pastor had his surgery and although they removed the biggest tumor they had to leave 6 others. He is a home and seems to be doing quite well. Talking and eating, almost like normal. Thanks for your prayers. The next few weeks are very critical as he will start his chemo once his head begins to recover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter