Pretentious Crap

This is so funny!

Yes..... THIS..... I'm with other pp's I love my DVR and I don't watch commercials if I can help it.... in fact,in the pre-dvr days i would drive my kids crazy by muting the tv when commercials came on..... I hate most of them, with a rare few that are actually funny.... my DH is always wanting to watch the commercials and gets annoyed when I use the dvr to not watch them lol FWIW that Matthew M commercial is the PITS...(but I kind of can't stand that guy anyway)

Looks like the advertising is working. people talking about the ad and remembering it. Some negative some positive.
this is actually true.... I watch/remember very few commercials, but I remember the Lincoln ads mainly b/c I saw Jim Carry do the parody, then I watched the commercial on purpose to see what it was about....now I know about the car!!!!

That commercial is great! I love it and as Kathy Lee Gifford said to Hoda one morning, "Tend to your Gardens." I think I actually spit out my coffee when she said that!

Yuck. Don't like Kathy Lee either. And really, I don't want to know what you do with your pubic hair.

Commercials I hate:
1. The Old Navy commercials with Julia Louis Dreyfus. Love her in Veep but detest those stupid commercials.

2. Any of the cereal commercials and Pop-Tart commercials where food is given human traits and then they get eaten or eat each other...creepy! Is it like cannibal cereal? And that one with the PB and Jelly having a baby Pop-Tart and then the nurse eating the baby Pop-Tart. Don't give something "life" and then have it eaten. It's like when I go to a BBQ restaurant, I don't want happy smiling pig trinkets staring at me!

3. The toenail fungus and mucus guys...yuck.

4. There was this mentos gum commercial awhile back where this guy is sitting by a water cooler. This woman walks up and lifts his nose and drinks from his mouth like he is the water cooler...and it makes this gargle noise. Uh - is she drinking his warm, nasty spit? Gross!! Who wants to drink someone's warm spit?

5. The commercial that shows the inside of a bowel and a diagram of loosening stool - don't know that the commercial needs to be that detailed!

6. Most of the Cheeto commercials - especially when the kid shoots the mom in the butt as she's exercising or the finger ninja one.

Commercials I love:
1. The heartburn commercial where the woman is eating at a Mexican restaurant and this taco walks in and it turns to look at her and she looks at it...it comes running at her and she grabs the guitar from the mariachi player and hits the taco with it - LOL!

2. Most Snicker's commercials

3. Most Geico commercials - especially the Halloween one where the kids are like, "let's go hide behind those chainsaws..." and the killer is just shaking his head

And still my favorite commercial of all time - the original Got Milk commercial where the guy has the peanut butter stuck to his mouth when trying to win a trivia contest about Aaron Burr killing Alexander Hamilton:

omg I just cannot stand the Lincoln ads with Matthew McConaughey. Ok some people find him sexy, I just think he needs to be hosed off

Both my DIL & my DS's BFF had Lincolns, they were nothing but money pits. Transmission, brakes, recalls, only MM could afford one.

So Ads you don't like?

I haven't seen the ads (thank goodness), but I can't stand Matthew McConaughey. He seems like the biggest sleazeball to me. Gag.

Yes..... THIS..... I'm with other pp's I love my DVR and I don't watch commercials if I can help it.... in fact,in the pre-dvr days i would drive my kids crazy by muting the tv when commercials came on..... I hate most of them, with a rare few that are actually funny.... my DH is always wanting to watch the commercials and gets annoyed when I use the dvr to not watch them lol FWIW that Matthew M commercial is the PITS...(but I kind of can't stand that guy anyway)
....and my DH is quite the opposite....when we are watching a show that I had DVR'd, he'll say when a commercial break comes, "HEY, isn't this DVR'd?", which is his not-so-subtle way of saying 'press the FF button!' :rotfl:

I hate many commercials mentioned in above posts. but I love commercials with dogs in them.

I don't watch commercials anymore( :worship: DVR), but I have to admit this time of year I do kind of miss watching Christmas commercials. After Thanksgiving I might start to hit 'play' if I see one while I'm fast forwarding, just for that little extra kick of Christmas spirit. :santa: Fortunately after I get my fix I can always fast forward through them in the future instead of having to watch them over and over and over all month long...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter