Priceline Express Deals

I just booked a similar Hotwire hot deal for the Dolphin as someone posted earlier except dates are for 11/24 to the 11/27. 106 a night. Finally found a discount code - 30 off 250 for new users (30GETAWAYNC). I found the same deal for 11/25 to 11/27 but the code won't work for just 2 nights. I had tentative plans to go 11/22 to 11/27 but couldn't find a good enough deal for all 5 nights so will do a split stay (other nights will be at POP for 120 a night including taxes so not bad). Thanks to those for posting about the Dolphin hotdeals!

I just searched for a Priceline Express deal (4 star - Bonnet Creek) which Hotel Canary thinks is the Dolphin. It is giving me a $133.72 additional mandatory fee for 2 nights - so $66.86/night extra fee?! What hotel could this be?

I just searched for a Priceline Express deal (4 star - Bonnet Creek) which Hotel Canary thinks is the Dolphin. It is giving me a $133.72 additional mandatory fee for 2 nights - so $66.86/night extra fee?! What hotel could this be?
What dates are you looking at?

I just checked your dates and Hotel Canary does say Dolphin, but the mandatory fee isn't correct. I have no clue.

If the fee is 66.86 total then it is Dolphin. S&D fee is $33 a night (well, 30 plus tax)

It isn't 66 total, that is the odd thing. It is 133.72. I am wondering if they are glitching and double counting it somehow.
That is super weird. It has the correct ratings/reviews and the transparent price is $345 (express has it as $339 so close enough). Canary shows it as Dolphin. I checked my dates (already booked and got the Dolphin) and it shows the fees doubled as well. Unless they doubled the fees overnight it is a glitch.

Last edited:

Attachments

• CF79BCF9-6D40-4F90-AFEF-DE2D8D994D24.jpeg
    CF79BCF9-6D40-4F90-AFEF-DE2D8D994D24.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 27
  • 06193285-CAB4-469B-901B-DDD036AF33C1.jpeg
    06193285-CAB4-469B-901B-DDD036AF33C1.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 26
It isn't 66 total, that is the odd thing. It is 133.72. I am wondering if they are glitching and double counting it somehow.

carrie, what's funny is I booked Priceline for our trip in 2 weeks in August and yesterday I was just fooling around to see if anything new had come up for our dates on PL and Hotel Canary said one was Dolphin and didn't have any mandatory fees. I said to my wife how could that be?

My guess is the system is glitching.

carrie, what's funny is I booked Priceline for our trip in 2 weeks in August and yesterday I was just fooling around to see if anything new had come up for our dates on PL and Hotel Canary said one was Dolphin and didn't have any mandatory fees. I said to my wife how could that be?

My guess is the system is glitching.
I saw the same thing for my dates- almost $70 a night in resort fees. That’s crazy! I thought there had to be a glitch bc I don’t know of any hotels that charge a resort fee of that much.
However, I’ve been looking regularly at my dates. The price for the dolphin was about $35 a night cheaper than had been previously posted (was typically showing it to be in the $150-160 range and now was listed at $114 a night). I’m thinking maybe Priceline dropped the nightly price to make it look more appealing but then just moved the cost to the fee? It still works out to be the same total it has been.

I saw the same thing for my dates- almost $70 a night in resort fees. That’s crazy! I thought there had to be a glitch bc I don’t know of any hotels that charge a resort fee of that much.
However, I’ve been looking regularly at my dates. The price for the dolphin was about $35 a night cheaper than had been previously posted (was typically showing it to be in the $150-160 range and now was listed at $114 a night). I’m thinking maybe Priceline dropped the nightly price to make it look more appealing but then just moved the cost to the fee? It still works out to be the same total it has been.
I hate paying for shipping, seriously despise it. Same for resort fees, if the total is something I am comfortable with I will get over it. But if I saw a $60 resort fee I would seriously reconsider booking - even if the rate dropped. I know it makes no sense but fees just get me. I am still not past the res I booked with the $30 fee, I'm sure by May I will be over it ;)
Where I work we charge a $6 resort fee and so many people complain!

I've been tracking resort fees etc for awhile for my own reference - Priceline LOVES to randomize those amounts to throw you off on PE deals. BUT, I have never seen such a large amount like that $66 or $70 per night fee, sounds like it is a glitch(?)

I hate paying for shipping, seriously despise it. Same for resort fees, if the total is something I am comfortable with I will get over it. But if I saw a $60 resort fee I would seriously reconsider booking - even if the rate dropped. I know it makes no sense but fees just get me. I am still not past the res I booked with the $30 fee, I'm sure by May I will be over it ;)
I’m with you on this! I wish they would just put the resort fees as part of the nightly fee. It irks me too!

This is what you get with the resort fees:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
  • Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
  • 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
  • In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
  • Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
  • Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
  • $30 off spa services of $175 or more - (1) offer per room, per night
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
  • Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event
We don't use the health club. We walk the loop around the lake for exercise.
We don't need the room phone since we have cellphones.
We don't need the water since we have water delivered to the resort.
We don't need the internet since we have unlimited data with our cellphone package.
We don't need fitness classes.
We use the pool to swim and cool off.
We don't use the spa.
I'd rather pay a rental fee, if we wanted to use the Swan boat instead of paying $33.75 per day.
At the most in our 10 day stay our kids may want to do the S'more's once. I'd rather purchase two $5 kits than pay the fees.

My point is that over our 10 day stay we will be paying $337.50 for fees for things we don't need. But on the bright side a night in a standard room at ASSp including tax is $169.12. With the Priceline rate we received including tax and resort fees we are paying $156.75 per night. Not even close we'll take it.

I do agree with you about resort fees.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter