Primevial Whirl Test Run......DISappointed

Bottom line, to me, is that it just doesn't fit in the AK, at all. It does look like they ran out of money and are grasping at straws to fill the void. The more I think about it, the sadder I get. WIshful thinking on my part: that they'll see the error of there ways (as they did with JIYI) and fix it.
If they really needed to go ahead with this idea, why didn't they put it in DTD. It would have "worked" there. The "Spin" ride didn't have to be dino's, it could have been Disney figures in DTD. Now there it would have been cute. The whole carnie atmosphere works better there. Heck, it works better anywhere but where it is.

If only Walt were alive......he would say "no way!"

This is so out of place - this cheapens the park. Look at the quality put into DisneySea and now look at this. AK needs a "Journey into the center of the earth ride." Let's stick to the Disney quality.

King Triton

I think that a lot of people are failing to miss the entire theme of this area. Dinoland U.S.A. is entirely themed to look like a roadside attraction, with the exception of Dinosaur. Dinorama just adds on to the theme. Look at the buildings around you and the decor, the new Dinorama fits perfectly in. I like the look of it, remind me of a cheesy attraction that you would see on Route 66 or something.

No, before DinoRama the theme was that of a dig site where dinosaur bones were discovered out in nowhereland usa... Only Chester and Hester's had any hint of "roadside attraction". The new addition makes absolutely no sense whatsoever....why would a roadside carnival spring up right by a place where the only thing going on is a scientific project? Actually they've ruined Dinoland by taking out several elements that were key to the original theme.

I think that a lot of people are failing to miss the entire theme of this area. Dinoland U.S.A. is entirely themed to look like a roadside attraction,

No, I don't think we're missing the point. Apparently the theme is VERY difficult to miss! Disney's theming goal here is obvious. The point is that it does not fit in to the theming of the park on the whole. Not to mention that it is ugly as sin. ;)

carl
barrel of laughs

My father used to tell me, If you have to explain the punchline, the joke probably wasn't funny to begin with.

I see the same thing here. Some have said that people just don't understand the theming of this area (hinting that if they did, they would see how well these rides fit in). Even if this is true, if you have to explain the theming to most of your guests, the theme was probably not a good idea to begin with.

No, before DinoRama the theme was that of a dig site where dinosaur bones were discovered out in nowhereland usa... Only Chester and Hester's had any hint of "roadside attraction". The new addition makes absolutely no sense whatsoever....why would a roadside carnival spring up right by a place where the only thing going on is a scientific project?

The story of Dino-Rama is that when the Dinosaur bones were found, Chester and Hester turned their small gas station into a dinosaur-themed roadside attraction in hopes of being able to profit from curious tourists wanting to find out more about the excavation. As more and more visitors started comming, Chester and Hester expanded their business into a small carnival in hopes of being able to make more money off the tourists. While this story isn't exactly as creative or interesting as say Anandapur in AK's Asia, it does fit well with the theming of Dinoland.

I'm not going to argue with anyone over this topic as their is no point. Dinorama I think is a perfect example of what Disney does best, takes a theme and makes the most of it. I certainly doesn't detract from your enjoyment of the park, or the enjoyment of your Disney experience at all. So why complain about it? There really isn't a point, it is ok to voice your opinion about your displeasure with the new area. But there is no need to continually cram that opinion down everyone's throat. I've noticed that a few people that have spoken in a positive tone towards Dinorama have been met with a little bit of hostility, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and no one has a right to say other then that. So you don't like the area, don't go in it, shorter lines on the rides for me!! We understand that certain people don't like it, you don't need to reinforce that negativity by stating the same claim over and over, it just becomes redundant and stupid.

The idea that DinoRama is a success because Tacky Carnival is the theme they were going for is laughable.

I think I'll try that one next time I cook dinner. "C'mon honey. I know it tastes horrible but awful horrible was exactly the flavor I was going for. It's a masterpiece."

Mr. HauntedMansionFan:

Wow! I must be reading a different thread!

I've noticed that a few people that have spoken in a positive tone towards Dinorama have been met with a little bit of hostility

I've read over the entire thread and, for the life of me, I cannot find any evidence of hostility directed towards another contributor. In fact folks who feel strongly both ways have done a pretty good job of keeping personal jabs out of it! Way to go folks!

Dinorama I think is a perfect example of what Disney does best, takes a theme and makes the most of it.

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else here is entitled to contribute their opinions!

I certainly doesn't detract from your enjoyment of the park, or the enjoyment of your Disney experience at all.

You state this as fact but, in fact, that is your opinion. Again, you are entitled to it!

So why complain about it? There really isn't a point

Now I've got to take issue with this statement!!! Why complain? No point??? Come on now, Mr Fan. Do you really believe that complaining is pointless? Quite to the contrary, good companies welcome customers to voice complaints. Disney is such a company! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!!;)

But there is no need to continually cram that opinion down everyone's throat.

I don't think anyone has done that here, have they?

So you don't like the area, don't go in it, shorter lines on the rides for me!!

Happy to oblige! I'll take your place in line at the Safari!!!:p

We understand that certain people don't like it, you don't need to reinforce that negativity by stating the same claim over and over, it just becomes redundant and stupid.

That works both ways and ....Ooopppss...NOW somebody is getting hostile!:(

carl
barrel of laughs

By the way, I love the Haunted Mansion too!

QUOTE: "I pray this area has the same fate as the Goosebumps thing that was at MGM. "

I'm just curious what was this goosebumps thing? I have never heard anything about it. Thanks!

:rolleyes: Was there really a need for the sarcasm? I don't think so, we are all adults here. While it may not be "hostility", was there really a need for you to break my post into pieces and analyze every little detail. What I posted was my opinion in response to other people's opinion. It certainly didn't need to be broken down and criticized.... I'm actually a little saddened, upset, and disappointed by that.

Was there really a need for the sarcasm? I don't think so, we are all adults here. While it may not be "hostility", was there really a need for you to break my post into pieces and analyze every little detail. What I posted was my opinion in response to other people's opinion. It certainly didn't need to be broken down and criticized.... I'm actually a little saddened, upset, and disappointed by that.

Uhhh...please read my post again. I was not being sarcastic.

No, I did not 'need' to break your post down into pieces. However I did 'choose' to do it. If you don't want folks to read and respond to your words, I might suggest that you refrain from writing them.

Like I said, I reread the entire thread and found no hint of hostility, just a civil discussion amongst Disney fans (and no I don't think we are all adults here, by the way). That is the discussion was civil until you chose to characterize those who disagreed with you as 'stupid' and 'redundant' (and crammers of opinion down your throat to boot!). Talk about saddened, upset and disappointed!

Anywho, you know my opinion now and I know yours so I think its time to move onto other topics. See you around the boards........

carl
barrel of laughs

p.s. I REALLY do like the Haunted Mansion!

That is the discussion was civil until you chose to characterize those who disagreed with you as 'stupid' and 'redundant'
I never characterized or referred to anyone as stupid or redundant. Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. I stated that constantly saying the same thing over and over is stupid and redundant, just like this ridiculous discussion between the two of us.

Scoop and Baron are NOT also posting under the names BarrellofLaughs and HauntedMansionFan...any resemblance is purely coincidental!

LOL....uh...wait a minute, just who resembles whom?:p

But seriously folks, I'm sorry if my posts of yesterday fell into the category of 'jump ugly'. I promise that from now on I will count all the way to 10 before I start typing.

usually I'm a barrel of laughs!

carl
barrel of laughs

Originally posted by barreloflaughs

banzai wrote:

I think this line speaks volumes about what is wrong with this ride at WDW. EVERYBODY HAS GOT ONE OF THESE RIDES!

[/B]
I also went on the one at Kennywood a few years ago. The second i tried it, I was actually disappointed that Disney wasn't on the ball with a ride like that. It was SO much fun (much different from the "wild mouse of death" that used to be at my old hometown amusement park!) I haven't seen the one at AK yet. It sounds like disney has done a really terrible job of turning this ride into something up to our standards, but i don't think the fact that other parks have similar rides is the problem. Most parks have drop rides, but Disney has Tower of Terror. All parks get their equipment from the same companies. Disney just (usually) does theirs up well.

Kennyland is a lovely old park, with a much better track record of not screwing up their classics, and I think this ride is more out of place there than it would be at Disney. But at least Kennyland had the good sense to enclose it and make it a dark ride! :)

It does really dismay me that Disney has sunk to the level of carnival games.

Scoop and Baron are NOT also posting under the names BarrellofLaughs and HauntedMansionFan...any resemblance is purely coincidental!
Ditto!!!

Yeah man!!! I always wanted to ditto a Scoop post. But up till now he never made any sense :crazy:

There was some sort of Goosebumps funhouse or something at MGM several years ago....I recall reading about it in guidebooks when planning my 1999 trip, though I found out here that it was gone. I never saw it myself...

Did anyone ever see or go through this? Probably around 1998 or whenever Goosebumps was so popular...

Um, and I think picking apart posts is pretty much what's done around here...isn't it? Usually it doesn't go to the point of being outright insulting and if it does the thread gets locked. Sometimes it just takes time to get to know the general tone of a board before getting all upset about things.

The Goosebumps thing was a stage show I believe. It occupied the small stage near the Backlot Tour and Goofy's Prop Stop where the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show used to be.

I saw the Goosebumps Show. I was very disappointed. Characters from the series did a song/dance/magic show. I believe there was also supposed to be a House of Mirrors (what they were calling a funhouse) you could go through after the show, but when we were there, they weren't letting anyone in. You're right, it didn't last long at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter