Primevial Whirl Test Run......DISappointed

Well the Sentinel sure gave it a ringing endorsement today. Burried in a piece on the close of River Country is this spectacular review...
Disney World's Animal Kingdom has opened a new ride that is tamer than a thriller coaster but with more action than, say, the slow-moving boats of It's a Small World.

The new attraction, Primeval Whirl, is a coaster all right, but it reaches a top speed of only about 25 miles mph. Primeval Whirl has 13 cars on two tracks that navigate through flying asteroids and -- in the words of Disney's press release -- "corny depictions of dinosaurs that spin and pop up along the track.".

Must've been those wacky, "corny depictions" that won em over. Mission: SPACE can't possibly come quick enough. Link to full article

Originally posted by barreloflaughs

I think this line speaks volumes about what is wrong with this ride at WDW. EVERYBODY HAS GOT ONE OF THESE RIDES!
Actually, i think that PW is one of 5 spinning Wild Mice in America. They're not common at all.

I have gone on the ride now three times over the last couple of weeks and I actually don't think it is that bad of a RIDE. My problem is the themeing. I think that if they had spent a little bit more money and just enclosed the entire ride and spent a little more money on things to look at instead of cardboard cutouts it would be a great ride. By the way what I can't stand the most is the annoying bing sound at the top of the lift. It can be heard throughout the park when the wind was blowing. When eating lunch at Pizzafari I could hear the noise about every 30 seconds.

Actually, i think that PW is one of 5 spinning Wild Mice in America. They're not common at all.

Ok, I'll grant you that they bought a mouse with a new wrinkle. I'll revise my comment:
EVERYONE WILL HAVE ONE OF THESE...SOON....I THINK!!! :smooth:

Wild Mice of America....great name for a band, no?!

carl
barrel of laughs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter