PrincessBrideKatie's PJ for 05/23/08 - YCG and Ashbury A/B - I dyed my crinoline!!

PrincessBrideKatie

Sleeping Beauty
Ok, So being a lurker for a while, then making some posts cause I had questions, I have now upgraded to making my own PJ. So here it goes.

History:
DFH and I met in, can you guess it?, Disney World. We were both CPs in the summer of 2006, and as luck would have it, I moved in right across the hall from him at Vista Way. So I met him the first week, and lets just say, there wasn't an instant connection. I was still hoping for something with someone back home, and he was currently getting over a previous gf (also named Katie). However, about 2 weeks later, he comes to the door, and is locked out of his apartment, and in full costume (plaid shorts, hawaiian shirt, and suspenders) asking to use my bathroom to change into other clothes. Since he was locked out, and I had the day off and didn't know what to do, I said he could stay at my apartment if he wanted. He was looking at heading to Wendy's which was just nearby, and asked if i wanted to go with him. I said sure... I was like "he's cute, and who knows what will happen?". So of course that got screwed up by my friend from back home (also a CP) and two people she was with saw us and they were going to Bennigans, and wanted to know if we wanted to go. I was like... Ummmm... Ok. The wait there was an hour so Wendy's was the place all 5 of us ended up. I learned later DFH was freaking cause he actually didn't have enough money to go to Bennigans. But we all sat together and I made sure there was a seat left open next to me for him to sit down. It went ok, we hung out for a bit and then went back to separate apartments.

I made a really bad mistake and went out with a guy I really didn't want to go out with, but I was trying to be nice, but afterwards he tried to call me, so I hid at DFH apartment for the evening, so we watched movies, except it consisted of me sitting on his couch, and he was at a computer on facebook. Not the best way to start a relationship. He apparently didnt get the hint that I was interested. So I eventually went back to my apartment.
What really changed our relationship was that I 'faked' being drunk, ok, maybe I was a little tipsy, and told his roommate that I really liked DFH. Well that got passed on and on another night, tipsy again we were at his apartment and he was laying on the couch and asked me to come join him, and he directly confronted me on if I liked him. I admitted it. That night he SLEPT at my apartment.

Well, while he had been dating previous Katie, she decided to move to another housing complex, and so he asked to be moved to. Well, after about a week of seeing eachother he got moved. So he was no longer across the hall. I got an American cell phone, and got his number from his former roommate who was still across the hall (and sleeping with my roommate). And started texting him. I met up with him at his new apartment, and we hung out for three days there, he was actually sick and I took care of him. I basically moved in with him there, and was there from mid-June to mid-August. His roommate seemed to be fine with me being there, and would always call me roomie.

Well, He left mid-august and I had to go back to my real apartment, not cool, I had a truely awful girl living there. So i was very unhappy, but I only had two more weeks til my program was over, so I stuck it out. And we had already made plans that I would come visit him before I went home.
I met his mom, who after knowing that I really didn't want to go back to Canada offered to let me move in with them BEFORE I HAD EVEN MET HER, she was really nice, and since she only has boys loved pretending she had a daughter. (apparently I am a much better shopping companion).

I went back to Canada, hoping that I could switch to an american school (never happend) and saw DFH about once a month. While planning my annual mother/daughter (in February) trip with my mom, I asked if he could come too. Since he was still a college rep, we would get discounts, so i used that as incentive. So she said yes and we even paid for his plane ticket.

We get to disney, and it was so hard sleeping with my DFH in the same room as my mother. He showed me right away that he had my birthday gift, and asked if I wanted it, i said "no, I want to wait til its my birthday", he asked on Saturday and my b-day wasn't til Friday. So he placed the box, obviously a jewelry box on top of the armoir in the hotel room. Tuesday, he calls his mom, and she asks, in a very loud voice "have you given katie the ring yet?" My heart stopped. He freaked on his mom, "That was supposed to be a birthday gift!" After he gets off the phone, he says to me "well, I guess that ruined that surprise, here are your EAR rings." I was like "OH! Thank you." Silently I was crushed. So for the rest of the week I just assumed that I would have to wait til the spring like we had talked about.

Well, Friday, My b-day comes around, we had dinner reservations at CRT and then we were gonna do the pirate and princess party. So DFH ran around getting in all of the rides we wanted to before we had to leave the next day, and my Mom stayed at the hotel and rested for the excitement yet to come. We returned to the hotel, got all ready for the party and headed to MK. We ate at CRT, so delicious, even if they did forget my tomatoes on my salad. (I asked for no onions, DFH asked for no onions and no tomatoes, they didn't put tomatoes on either). We then went to the party, had a blast, went on rides, collected booty, saw the parade, and then there were the fireworks. We were right infront of cinderella's castle, and I was taking pictures of the fireworks. DFH is behind me with his arms around me, mom is about 5ft behind us. I can feel something box-like in his pocket, but I didn't really clue in. "Once upon a dream" begins and he moves to my left side and gets down on one knee. Again, my heart stopped. And all I can say is "Are you serious?" three times. A very enthused french lady grabbed my camera and was taking pictures of it. and so was my mom. So eventually I realize that its actually happening and say "of course!". And then there was plenty of kissing, and then we went and got mint-chocolate chip ice cream (my fav) and had a ton of disney photographs done. (that was 02/23/07)

So now we are back to our longdistance relationship. I spent the summer at his house, cause his mom got me a job at her work. But now we have to try to finish University, and plan the wedding, and we are also both working part-time. So its very crazy.

Coming up... The planning has begun, but my mother is having trouble letting go of her only daughter

lovely engagement story! we're former cm's too, met on my college program at bw!!! it's so funny how you describe that bennigans and wendy's, i think those two places exist totally to feed/drink cps...i didn't live at vista, i lived at chatham, df lived at vista during his cp which was in the early 90's...congrats on your enagement, can't wait to read about your planning!

DFH moved to Chatham after we met. So I know Chatam very well. I remember bws too! and going to cici's! that was really big with my roommates

The Planning (so far):

We chose our wedding date, May 23 2008, based on the fact that DFH will only finish University 2 weeks before it, and we are hoping to start working at Disney World the begining of June. At one point FMIL was complaining that its Memorial Day weekend, but when we looked at the weekend before, we can't cause the best man is still in exams. So May 23, 2008 it is.

The time was just about as easy to figure out, we wanted to have an evening wedding but not too late, so 5:00 is perfect, cocktail hour at 6, and dinner at 7.

Location was more difficult. I have been dreaming about getting married in MK since before I knew it was possible. So when I saw that was an option I was like YES!!! However, $25,000 for an 8am wedding is not what I want. DFH said from the begining he wanted an outside wedding. So we were looking at the Boardwalk, but when we actually went over there and looked at the site, it was too accessible to too many people, like people walking to and from EPCOT. The final decision, the Yacht Club Gazebo. Its beautiful, its not so populated by guests, and I really like the area.

Initially, when we thought we were having less guests, I wanted The Sonoma Room at the California Grill for the reception. But as the guest list got longer and longer, we decided on a Ballroom at the Yacht Club. It means less traveling for the guests, and more time for pictures cause its also less travel time for the bridal party after the wedding. I am also considering staying there the night before the wedding so that I don't have to travel too much in my wedding gown.

We are having a very small wedding party, mostly because I really hated being one of 4 bridesmaids at my SIL wedding and having no say in the dress or colour. So I will just be having my MOH and DFH will just have his BM. DFH's brothers will likely still be ushers but not stand up at the ceremony. I am hoping that my nephew, who will be three at the time of the wedding, will be the ring bearer. I already bought him a t-shirt that says "official ring bearer" and on the back it says "ring security". It was too cute. I am also hoping that my youngest niece will be a flower girl, the only issue is she is getting a little old to do it, she will be about 8.

Current # of expected Guests: 75max

The officiant is going to be my DFH's minister from when he lived in Virginia, so about 3yrs ago.

I am looking at using Disney's Florists, and Videography.

Right now, we are looking at Gary Fox to do the photography, but still not completely sure.

Our planning session is Dec 21, so hopefully I will have more information by then about all of the details.

My dress is this one, but its in Marine, not in red.
f07_T9218.jpg

Only thing I am worried about is that since I ordered it, I have lost 20lbs, and hope to lose at least 10 more. and I didn't think about loosing weight when I ordered the size I was.

This is my veil:
Veil.jpg

and I am also thinking about doing that tiara too.

I am hoping to have a kind of "when you wish upon a star" theme, so I really like these favours:
P_1468_2_7613.jpg

But after seeing the mickey ears as favors I realized they could be instead of Place cards, and frames and favors. So I am torn.

Through all of this planning, I am dealing with my mother trying to show her authority, cause its "her" money. Actually its my Dads, and he told me I can do whatever I want with it (he wants me to elope and use it as a down payment on a house). So everytime I talk to her, she tells me how I can't go overboard and should watch the money. Even when we are talking about my money, not the weddng fund. So I am content right now that I dont live with them full time, I would have gone insane by now.

I am also having an issue with my FMIL, though I love her, and she has been nothing but nice to me. DFH and I want to spend our wedding night at the Polynesian. And she knows this, but she is not supposed to tell anyone. Well, as it turns out, her entire family wants to stay there for the wedding. And to get them to stay elsewhere, she suggests Shades of Green (FFIL is in the Navy), without talking to me. So FFIL booked 7 rooms for like a week at SOG!!!!! FMIL had promised me that her family would basically take up the Room Block, so I wasnt worried about getting the required rooms. Well, now, I tell her SOG doesn't count, and she gets mad at me! I was like, how could you not know that Shades of Green isnt Disney?(didn't actually ask her, just my thought) I really don't know if they are going to change their reservations or not, but I will have to deal with whatever happens with the room block.

I am looking forward to the Planning session in December, I have never been in Disney World over christmas, and it will be DFH and my first trip alone together. We will also be having engagement photos done at MK.

I will post more when I learn more.

Everything sounds great so far! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more! Good luck figuring out that room block!

Ok, So the current plan is get married, quick honeymoon and then both go and do Disney Internships for 6months and then work for Disney full time. Well, here is the problem. I, being Canadian, need a visa and a work permit. So we are trying to figure out how to do this, because DFH is currently a student and so am I, and only work part-time. However, one of the requirements for my visa is that I have proof that he can support me, but we won't even know at the time that the application goes in, if he will even have gotten a Disney internship. So, I am freaking out thinking that there won't be time for me to get my visa, and work permit, and be able to apply to Disney's Internships. Since I will finish my undergrad degree in April, this would be my last opportunity to apply, because you have to be and undergrad when you apply. I mean there is always the option of working my way up in the company, but I thought the internship would be better.

Ok. so that is my vent for the day. And if anyone has ideas on what I can use as evidence of financial support, or evidence of being engaged, please let me know. They want both.

Thanks

Congratulations on your engagement! The Yacht Club is a beautiful venue, your dress choice looks lovely. Happy planning :woohoo:

Congrats! I wish I could see your dress though. On my screen they are all red x's:confused3 .

Beautiful! Sorry I jsut had to restart my computer now I can see your pictures

Everything sounds really nice. I love that tiara - let us knw if you decide on it. Keep us updated!

Hi there! Congrats on your engagment!! Your plans sound great so far. I'm also getting married at Yacht Club Gazebo at 5pm ...about a month and a half before you.

I did the college program in 2002 and lived in Vista! It seems like there a lot of cp's on this board :)

Proof of financial support...is it possible that he can obtain a job elsewhere in Orlando and a place to live? He could obtain a letter from the employer as to a start date and a lease of where he will be living would be proof. Hence, when you are approved for visa, since you and your fiance final plan is to work for disney, the transition should be smooth for employment purposes. I hope it works out :-)

So, my wedding planner called me about a week ago, at 10:15 in the morning, technically, I should have been up about 15min before she called, but I was being lazy and really didn't want to go to my 11:30am class. So I answered, and she appologised for waking me. But she said her name so fast that I didn't catch it. Well, I finally learned her name today, she sent me an email. My wedding planner is Celeste DeCicco. Who has had her before? Any comments or advice about her??

Update! My Save-The-Date cards went out this week, and many people have let me know they got them and are coming. So as of right now 25 are for sure coming. :banana:

I am currently bursting with excitement!! Not only do I get to spend Thanksgiving with my DF, I finally get to meet the BM, and I get to try on MY dress this weekend! My dress is in a David's Bridal! :banana: I am flying out tonight!!! YAY!

One of the many benefits of marrying an american... TWO THANKSGIVINGS!! one in October and one in November!

So I made an appointment with David's Bridal's alterations people for this previous weekend so that I could get the ball rolling... however... my ball was intercepted. My dress was there, in the size that I ordered, looked great... until I put it on. Ok... I have been trying to lose weight and have lost 22lbs since I ordered the dress in a size 12.

Well, they tell me it is at least 2 sizes too big now, and they offer to go get me an 8 in the style just to see if they are right. But they didn't have an 8, so they brought a 6... and guess what! IT FIT! I could not believe it. I was just about crying... out of happiness! :goodvibes I lost 3 sizes in three months!

They went and checked and exchanging my size 12 for a size 6 would be no problem, but now I have to wait again for my dress to come in, and I can't get back to David's til February, so they are talking about doing my alterations in a week so that I can have my dress before I have to leave. Here's another issue, they told me that I am only allowed to lose 5 more lbs max, but my goal weight is to lose 15lbs by the wedding... I don't know what to do now. But after this weekend I think I gained some back, I always seem to eat so much more at my FILs house than when I am at home.

Most of all I am just happy that they didn't want to charge me for a whole new dress... I was expecting to.

DF and I went through the planning stuff and sort of decided on food, and the cake, and music for the ceremony. I will post the pic of the cake when we are sure thats what we are getting. Music for the ceremony will likely all be disney, and after seeing Enchanted last night I kinda want a song from it in the wedding to. Good movie by the way... the first 10mins are extremely cheesy though, but after that even DF and FBIL enjoyed it.

Congratulations on losing all of that weight! I'm jealous, I've only lost 5 so far.. heh.

I definitely wanted the song from the ballroom scene in Enchanted ("So Close" by Jon McLaughlin) for my wedding after I saw that movie. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter