PrincessBrideKatie's PJ for 05/23/08 - YCG and Ashbury A/B - I dyed my crinoline!!

I was thinking about those fountains too! and laying down on the grass next to the water.

Sorry you aren't getting the tyd shoot, my DF is more of the opinion that if its what I want to do, then why not?

mark's opinion was the thing that threw me over the edge. wearing that dress for almost 12 hours was one of the most painful experiences of my life. the thought of putting it on again makes me sick. also, i read somewhere that you can turn your skirt into a lining for a bassinet. that might be something i chose to do. he just doesn't want me to ruin it because he loved it!

mark's opinion was the thing that threw me over the edge. wearing that dress for almost 12 hours was one of the most painful experiences of my life. the thought of putting it on again makes me sick. also, i read somewhere that you can turn your skirt into a lining for a bassinet. that might be something i chose to do. he just doesn't want me to ruin it because he loved it!

bassinet lining...now THERES an idea :idea:
i wonder who i could get to do something like that

Major Update Time!

Maid of Honour: I chose my SIL, I love her, and she was the first person I told about DF when we first started going out... I told her after dating DF for 2 weeks that I thought he was THE ONE and apparently I was right. So I thought it fiting that she be my Matron of Honour.
Her Dress: its from Alfred Angelo... and it separates the skirt will be tea length in Navy (cause she is short and then it doesnt have to be altered too much) and then the top will look like this (only with navy detailing):
Top.jpg

I also now have a Junior bridesmaid... I made this decision because of my train... I was not expecting to have one and I need someone to make sure that it always looks fabulous... therefore JUNIOR BRIDESMAID TO THE RESCUE! She will be wearing a dress from David's Bridal, I dont know how to copy the pic... so here is the whole wedding party... except MOH's dress is wrong.
ImageProxy.jpg

Changed my mind on invitations... while at the planning session DF and I saw scroll invites and were like "those are the ones!!" and then when we got back home and emailed the Impressions I was told it would be like $1300 for 50, so I was like "ummm... thats a little out of our price range". So, since the wedding is not any one particular disney theme we thought the Mouse would be the best. So we are going with these:
foilwhite.jpg

Still about twice what I was going to pay for the Snow White ones.

Menu: Ok this has been redone about 4 times and will likely change again... but here it goes.
For the Cocktail Hour we will have:
Gingered Chicken Skewers
Bacon Crusted Beef and Blue Cheese
Crab Cakes
Premium Cheese Display​

Dinner
Appetizer: Chedder Cheese Soup
Salad: Medley of Greens, Herbs and Flower Petals, Rosewater Vinaigrette and Toasted Sunflower Seeds
Main Course (Pick 1):
Seared Beef filet with Red wine Demi, Asiago cheese mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables
Thyme Marinated Chicken Breast with Cabernet Sauce, Belle Passe Cheese Risotto, and seasonal vegetables
Island Spiced Fresh Water Tilapia with Red Onion Marmalade, confetti rice and seasonal vegetabes​

I would like to have a Sorbet course, however, right now the budget does not allow for it

Instead of normal rolls and butter, we have requested pretzel rolls and dijon butter like they have at CRT.

We are going to have the Call Brands bar package, I just hope that people drink! (Never thought I would be wanting that at my wedding)

We were also going to have a chocolate covered strawberry on each plate, but when I looked at the price I realized that they wanted more than $10 a strawberry! so they have gone too.

Cake Flavours. The top layer will be Almond Cake with Amaretto mousse, the second layer is Chocolate Cake and Raspberry Mousse, the cake that the bridge connects to will be Marble with Bailey's Mouse, and then there will be a sheet cake that will be yellow cake with chocolate mousse. I still cannot decide on what to have on the connecting cake. My mom did buy me this:
096942_wHR.jpg
but I dont know if I want it on my cake. Disney has it down that we want the cinderella prince charming that they carry, but its not the one from the picture... and thats the one I like. So, I dont know what I want for that.

I am happy with how I think my flowers are going to be, however I do not like what Rose has down for some of the centerpieces. I emailed her, but have gotten no response. I just figure its because its Feb and a million people are getting married or want disney florals.

I still have the landau coach included in my budget! this makes me happy cause I have always dreamed of arriving to my wedding that way.

My vision for my reception was to make the ballroom into a forest with tons of trees and twinkle lights. But... Disney's price for this = $10500! So again... it was cut. Now I have the standard ficus tree package, but I am thinking about exchanging it for the Storybook Entrance, I think that is really sweet, and would be a cute photo op.

We are using the Yacht Clubs linens, but having chair covers with a sash in dark blue.

In Disney's budget they have 2 motorcoaches included, in mine I only have one. I dont think enough people are going to be staying on Disney property for me to need 2. I may cut it completely, as I have only told family and they will have cars, or I could send the limo back for them.

I booked Randy Chapman for the wedding, and for a Trash the Dress shoot sometime in June, after my mother leaves and I dont have to worry about her finding out. I figure that my dress wasnt that expensive (I was expecting to pay between 2000 and 3000) so why not wear it again and get some amazing pictures. Randy says that we should get the pictures into contests etc cause they are going to be amazing... we are going to do at least part of it in DTD! DF always tells me he wants to walk through that fountain infront of Planet Hollywood... well during the shoot we are going to!

DF and I booked our honeymoon!!! We are going to Disneyland two days after the wedding! Neither of us have been there before and are really excited! We are going to stay at the Grand Californian! :banana: When I told me SIL (who's never been to WDW), she was like "wait... isnt that where you are getting married?" :laughing: There are way to many people in this world that don't know the difference.

With all of the plans there comes a final budget, and its scary, but then I realized something, we get the deposit back in the end... but I didnt figure that into my calculations. It made me happier, cause now I have a little more wiggle room in the budget for changes.

OK. thats it for today... stay tuned for more drama whenever it happens :surfweb:

Just catching up on your PJ and I am enjoying all of the details! The lenox figure that you have pictured is actually our wedding cake topper. My fiance bought it about 3 years ago before we were engaged as a cake topper. I do love it! Have fun planning and good luck!

Not too big an update today, but I've been sick for about two weeks and have barely been online here.

So I had my Reading Week (AKA Spring Break) from the Feb 18-22, and spent that time in Nebraska with DF and his mom and brother. We got a fair amount done for the wedding...
Feb 15... I arrived at like 10:30pm

Feb 16: had a 10:00am Dress Fitting at David's Bridal with my size 6 dress!! Woohoo it still fits! I was a little disappointed that I didnt need a smaller size but still completely happy with how it looks. No pics though... went by myself. Total for the shortening of the halter part and for creating the bustle was ninety something... not too bad I think. I just have to remember how to put it up properly.
We then headed to Men's Wearhouse... I know people haven't liked them, but I just prefered that we could go look at the styles in person, not just online. So there was a Claiborne tux that I absolutely loved, but it has stripes and DF hates stripes so I thought it was a no go... but I told him I really liked it and he tried it on and liked it too... so we are going with the Claiborne Four Button Super 100's Shadow Stripe Notch Lapel.
LarrysSuit.jpg

DF is going to have a white vest and tie, BM and ushers will have Silver vests and ties, FOB and RB will have Marine (dark blue) vests and ties. So all the wedding colours are on the guys.

Feb 17: We addressed invitations... it took alot less time than I thought... though we just used standard pens... no caligraphy... I regret that we didnt

Feb 18: Rose called me for our phone planning session and we discussed new ideas for some of the center pieces I wasnt happy with and she said no problem. She was so great, she had even watched Aladdin the day before to figure out the Aladdin centerpiece.

Got the Disney Stamps for the invites... it took 3 for each invite... thats 60 Disney stamps... and thats just the American invites. The Canadian ones didnt get Disney stamps, it would have been so much more expensive to send them from the USA to Canada... I brought them back in my luggage and sent them out yesterday.

Drove to Lincoln, DF had a dinner meeting with Cast Members about the College Program... I used it as an excuse to head to the bridal store that sells Kristie Kelly stuff and bought a bracelet... its pretty
db165.jpg

Feb 19: I was sick... chilling in bed all day

Feb 20: I was told it was gonna be girl's night with FMIL... I was like ok, what does that entail? She said dinner and shopping? I was like ok. And was totally gullible. I went to work with DF (Panera), and FMIL was suppose to pick me up at 5pm... at 5:15 she got there, coming straight from work and said that she had been showing the room they rent out for parties and weddings and forgot her purse so we had to head back to her work... which is where I worked over the summer. She parks and asks if I want to come in... and I'm like 'yeah sure', totally not paying attention. I saw three people at the front desk, I figured there was just a problem closing up the gift shop, and my boss from the summer was like "when did you arrive?" like she didnt know I was coming to Nebraska. So we head to the Forest Room to get FMIL's purse and I smell fire and its smoky... I am told the people looking at the room for the rental wanted to see it with the fireplace going and they had issues with the floo(sp?).
This happens really fast:
I walk into the forest room... saw FMIL's purse on the hearth so I head towards it realising there are many people in the room... I figure its just rental people and then I realize I am walking into a picture... I step back thinking they are trying to get pictures of the room... then I realise its Carrie taking a picture... and I wonder why? I realise I know all of the people in the room and then they all yell "SURPRISE!" I was so confused! It was a Bridal Shower Tea Party with all the women that work at Fontenelle Forest... I could not believe it, that I had not even realised that anything was going on. FMIL had told me that they were having a surprise birthday party for another member of staff the day before and so I had helped make a fruit salad for my own shower. It was really fun, and I got four place settings and tons of kitchen stuff off the registry. And they didnt humiliate me with any of the silly bridal shower things that can sometimes happen.

Feb 21: Made Thank You cards for the shower... but didnt finish them til last weekend, they also got sent out yesterday...

Feb 22: Went to try my dress on again, and they had made the bustle too high, but she said that she could fix it really fast, she said she could be 15min... but would like a little more time... so DF and I went to the Mall across the street and I bought the coat I had been eyeing at Hot Topic... it was 50% off... I couldnt resist. We then went back picked up my dress and my Junior Bridesmaid's dress.

Feb 23: My Birthday! We got up at 10:30... early for me but FMIL wanted to take me to her favourite store and its an hour away from their house. So we went to a Pendelton Outlet... I got two really cute plaid skirts, and a bolt of very St.Patty's day appropriate fabric I want to get a mini made out of. We then got back with about 45min before we needed to leave for dinner at... the Melting Pot! and then from there headed to Phantom of the Opera... Great Birthday!!!

Feb 24: We went out for breakfast... they obviously hadnt changed there tea in a while and there was something gross floating in DF's iced tea... so they gave us free pie. We went back to the house and I packed up my clothes that were thrown all over DF's room. And DF drove me to the airport... it was weird cause I normally leave early in the morning... not at night.

We also decided on the cake topper for the cake...
405930_wHR.jpg

Its so perfect! I told FMIL that I was looking for it, and she said don't worry about it, it will be taken care of!!! So thats one more thing to take out of the budget!

Ok... this was much longer than I expected. 2months and 18days to go!!!

Aww the cake topper is so pretty :) I like the tux too!!!

Hi I ahvent messaged you before but I just wanted to say that I love everything you have chosen. The pretzels instead of rolls is a fabulous ideas. The menu sounds delicious. Sorry you have been sick; that's never fun:sick:

BTW we will both be in WDW the same weekend. My wedding is Sunday May 25. Maybe we will run into eachother! I will keep reading you PJ. Can you believe we are only 2 months away?! I had a freak out yesterday when I realized that and that I have a ton left to do:eek:

Happy belated birthday!

I thought I would revive my PJ. I apologise if I jump around, its how my brain is right now....

So for the past two months I have been trying to finish school, cause its my last semester of University, and I will be completely done on Monday!!! While trying to do this, I also have a wedding to plan.

Two weeks ago my roommates threw me a Bachelorette Dinner, Disney Princess Themed, they made me this gourmet dinner, and then we were supposed to go out, but the alcohol hit us too fast and we just kinda hung out at the apartment, darn Jello shooters. They got me this really cute frame that they all signed and we took group pictures so that I can put one in it... and they got me a chocolate .... ummm... male organ... :laughing: I am not sure that I can eat it... But we had a ton of fun. Freaked DF out though, cause I texted him when I first was surprised and said I had a surprise when I went into my apartment and I probably wouldnt talk to him that night. I went a took a shower (I had just been at the gym), and he had texted me 6 times, about what was going on, was something wrong, and then he threatened to call. I didnt want to tell him, so I avoided the issue, and so he called me and my roommates were yelling something about a stripper and he got the point. It amused me.

RSVPs have been a nightmare. First, I had issues with who I could and could not invite, and then people change their mind. I have people that assume since they told me they were not coming, they didnt need to send back an RSVP, I can hope they changed their mind... nope, just lazy. I invited 85ppl, and currently, including everyone that I have not received a RSVP from, I am now thinking only 60 are coming. This kinda sucks cause I bought 72 favours, cause they come in multiples of 12. I am hoping everyone else can come.

I changed my mind about favours, I was going to go with mickey wine stoppers and bottle openers, but with all the packaging etc, they would have been $900. So I went with white wine glasses, the stems are blue, to go with the wedding, and we are having our monogram on them. Hopefully they turned out well, they have been shipped to DF's house, and are supposed to be delivered on Friday. We are going to put personalized blue and white m&ms in them.

I made a prototype of my mickey programs, and once school is finished I will make the official ones. DF really liked them, just wanted a bit of the wording changed.

I have been making Thank You cards whenever I get a chance, cause I dont want to have to think about them after the wedding, although we have only recieved one wedding gift yet (other than from my parents).

DF was here over the weekend, and we had marriage counselling with the minister from my church, and he said that he really thinks our marriage is going to work... I thought what a funny thing to say, I wonder if he says that to everyone, cause if he doesnt, thats bad for the other couples.

I still have had no word on my visa, so I think I will be getting married without permission. Oops... oh well. They cannot expect me to not go through with my Disney wedding. I just may have to come back to Canada for a bit.

I AM DRIVING TO FLORIDA IN A MONTH! Can you tell I am excited???

After all the people dropping off the guest list, we may have some money to throw around. I have decided instead of ficus trees to get cherry blossoms with the lights. Its about 2000 for the whole room so I am quite happy with that. We are cutting a table, so thats one more centerpiece that is going... saving more money. One less bus to pay for. We may even have some money left over... :laughing: not with my planning! We are also having a fountain in the reception, I think it should be pretty. And after looking at Amanda's pics I love the star gobos on the dance floor and want those too... I forgot that when I emailed Celeste though.

We called Mens Wearhouse on Saturday and they said that they didnt have our reservation! I was like "WHAT???" Apparently the MW in Omaha didnt send the reservation to Orlando. So DF is gonna handle that this week.

I had issues with music, I bought the music for Enchanted and Pirates, and then found out the violinists and Cellist cannot used them cause they are for Piano... duh! I just assumed they could transpose them... nope... so I have the piano music for no reason, and had to buy violin and cello music for Pirates, but its not available for Enchanted. So all my music has been changed around.

BIG BIG BIG NEWS in my Future!!! DF finally caved... this is OT... he always said only 2 kids, thats it! and I want more than that... well over the weekend he caved and said "lets just have whatever God gives us." And then like the next night... he said to me in a semi-scared tone "what if we have 12?" lol... God love him! He's so terrified of a ton of kids.

Back to Disney planning, My MOH/SIL called the dress shop about her dress and they said it would be in by the begining of May!!! when she ordered it, they said the begining of April... so that she would have time for alterations... if its May, there will be no time for alterations or else really quick ones. It sucks, cause I want her to look good that day. She has been having a really hard time, not only did the doc find something on her uterus, but also a lump on her breast... I feel so scared for her, SHE HAS 5 KIDS!!!

Anyways, I heard back from both my Half brother and my Half sister, neither can come to the wedding, for sure. So only my two brothers will be coming, it makes me sad, I wanted a full family picture! Especially in Disney World. But I made my half-bro promise me that he would visit me while I am living in Florida, so that gives him time.

DF applied to the Disney Managment Internships and has gone through two of the three interviews for two different internships!! We are so hopeful that he will get one, he really wants to work at the Studios again, but since its not MGM any more, its not the same. We may not know until May whether he has a job or not.

So I think that is it... Gotta email Celeste about the star lights! And then back to studying.

So I thought since looking at other BEOs was very helpful to me I thought I would include mine for others. With a month til my wedding, I had to send in payment and so hopefully nothing major will change.

Ceremony:
Location usage (Yacht Club Gazebo): $1597.50
Engagment Photography (from back in Dec): $295
Musicians - String Trio: $1365
Landau Coach: $1700
Floral Delivery Fees: $180
Floral Wedding Package(I will elaborate later): $5337.78

Pre-Reception:
Bar - Call Brand Bar for 49ppl: $2598.81
Bar - Soft Drinks for 11ppl: $337.39
Premium Cheese Display for 60ppl: $632.61
Flora Cocktail Hour for 60ppl: $1968.12

Wedding Cake:
Bridge to Happiness Cake: $865.31
White Chocolate Cake Topper: $106.50
Cake Handling Fee: $173.06

Reception:
Vendor Meal (For Randy): $17.83
2 Kids meals: $46.86
35 Beef Meals (Including those I have not gotten responses from yet): $3157.19
15 Chicken Meals: $1194.93
6 Fish Meals: $470.94
2 Vegetarian Meals: $156.98

Entertainment:
DJ: $1500
Tub Fountain: $800
Custom Entertainment Package: $900

Total: $26301.01 :scared1: About half the price of my initial BEO... lol

The Custom Entertainment Package is similar to the ficus trees with lights in them, but instead its cherry blossoms with twinkle lights in them. The will be in bronze trumpet vases around the ballroom. I am sorry I cannot find the pic of it... I dont know where it went, I know Celeste emailed it to me... but I just cannot find it.

The Tub fountain comes with a greenery package but I am also having Rose add $300 worth of blue and white roses to it to go with the flowers of the bridal party. I have a pic of this one... just not in the right colours.
Fountain.jpg

I will post all the info on Florals soon... maybe tonight.

Hi! DF and I are getting married at the YCG March 16 next year. About 48 guests, reception at California Grill.:yay:

I can't wait to see your pics! We also reserved Randy. I would love to know where to get that topper?? :thumbsup2

Also, who are you having do your make up? I have so many questions!
I'm trying to figure out how to decorate the gazebo or if it needs it.?:confused3

Looking forward to your report!

Congratulations on being almost done with school! I have one semester left and it is hard to plan a wedding and get through school.

I just found your PJ....Your wedding is going to be amazing!

If you are looking to get rid of your enchanted Sheet Music, let me know! PM me!

I just came aross your PJ too everything looks fabulous!!! I love the cherry blossoms, would love to see a pick. I really like the tuxs, is there a MW that you can pick them up from down there?

Hi! DF and I are getting married at the YCG March 16 next year. About 48 guests, reception at California Grill.:yay:

I can't wait to see your pics! We also reserved Randy. I would love to know where to get that topper?? :thumbsup2

Also, who are you having do your make up? I have so many questions!
I'm trying to figure out how to decorate the gazebo or if it needs it.?:confused3

Looking forward to your report!

My FBIL bought the topper from the Lenox website. I am having Ana from Beaute Speciale (sp?) doing my hair and someone with her doing the makeup. I have my trial run on the 20th. I dont think the gazebo needs any decorating, its so pretty and there are roses around, so I dont have any decor for the ceremony. I concentrated on decor for the reception.

Congratulations on being almost done with school! I have one semester left and it is hard to plan a wedding and get through school.

Thanks! I am so happy to be done school, it was such a big stress when trying to plan this wedding, I dont think I could have done it with a weding planner.

I just found your PJ....Your wedding is going to be amazing!

If you are looking to get rid of your enchanted Sheet Music, let me know! PM me!

I think I am gonna keep it, I like to play around on the piano, and it provides options for auditions if I attempt to get back into doing musicals. (Havent done them since High School)

I just came aross your PJ too everything looks fabulous!!! I love the cherry blossoms, would love to see a pick. I really like the tuxs, is there a MW that you can pick them up from down there?

I definitely will post some after the wedding. There are a few MW in orlando, the one we are using is in the Florida Mall. You can search on their website for where they are all located. HTH :)

So, today was the day I needed my guest count, including seating arrangements, food choices etc. So my final count is 52ppl, including the bride and the groom. With two weeks tomorrow til the wedding and one week tomorrow til we leave, I am pretty excited!! I have decided to finish my budget for the florals, but the prices are a little different from the overall budget as it is with the new total of people.

Bridal Bouquet:goodvibes : Round french bouquet with dyed dark blue roses, white roses and stephanotis. It will be mainly blue roses with white roses as accents. It will have hidden Mickeys in Swarovski crystals within the bouquet and on the cuff. The total is $355.
I am also having hidden Mickey's created in Swarovski crystals that will be used in my hair and my MOH and JB's hair. Those are $48

My MOH's bouquet is mostly white roses with blue ones as accents. No stephanotis or hidden Mickey's. Total $144

For my JB, I am getting a rose wand with a white rose. Total $27.

The Groom, triple stephanotis with Italian ruscus and some swarovski crystals (one hidden Mickey), total $27.

Best man is getting a blue rose, with the Italian ruscus. Total $18

Ring Bearer is getting a white rose, total $13. (So he doesnt accidentally get dye anywhere)
Ring Bearer Pillow with hidden Mickeys - $37

The Ushers (DF's Brothers) will be getting white roses with Italian Ruscus, total $22

Both fathers are getting the same, white roses. total $22

MOB is getting a white rose wrist corsage with swarovski crystals and pixie dust, total $33

MOG and GMOG white rose pin on corsages with pixie dust, total $53

My Staged Exit with rose petals has both white and blue rose petals.
White Rose Petals: $67
Blue Rose Petals: $133
Putting them together in chiffon bags: $53

Rental for Wooden chairs at the Ceremony: $276 + $180 Delivery Fee

Pre-Reception:
There will be seven tables and three highboys set up in Asbury D, with Ivy bowls with water and white roses dipped in blue glitter floating in them.
Ivy Bowls (rental): $53
Rest of these centerpieces: $59
Mickey guestbook and pen: $85

Reception:
Head Table (A Whole New World):
Genie's lamp atop a "pillow" of turqouise ostrich feathers like a fountain: $64
Greenery ring of exotic flowers: $186
Jewels and Beads strewn over the table: $11
6 9" cylinders with a granite stone in the bottom and 10 peacock feathers in each: $160

Table 1 (Once upon a dream):
1 12x4x4 vase with light pink hydrangeas with light blue acrylic ice in the bottom of the vase with silver thread connecting to next vase: $90
1 12x4x4 vase with light blue hydrangeas with light pink acrylic ice in the bottom of the vase with silver thread: $90
Vase rentals: $43

Table 2 (So this is Love):
Cinderella's coach rental: $59
with twinkle lights and blue and white florals and pixie dust on the florals: $43

Table 3 (Beauty and the Beast):
Candelabra rental: $27
Black Magic roses and swirling ivy and black magic rose petals: $37

Table 4 (Someday My Prince Will Come):
Gold revere bowl with red satin bow attached to the bowl, floral arrangement in dark blue and medium yellows with greenery and a red apple in the center: $160

Table 5 (Kiss the Girl):
Clear lomey dish with a row boat inside. Blue hydrangeas arranged to look like water under the row boat. Red, yellow, and light blue florals in the boat. Egyptian Papyrus looking like the willow from the scene in the movie.
Row Boat rental: $5
Rest of Florals: $133

There will be 5 votive candles on each guest table, and 10 on the head table, total of 35 votives: $93

Cherry blossoms with lights and brown trumpet vases, for around the walls of the ballroom.
for 12 arrangements: $895
For 3 extra cherry blossoms without lights in each arrangement: $351

Dark blue and white roses added to the greenery on the fountain: $320

White cotton chair covers with midnight blue sashes for 52 chairs: $470

Small bouquet for the bouquet toss: $37

52 Placecards with mickey pixie dust like the invitations and ribbon marking the different meals: $222

6 Silver easels for the table name cards: $64

So thats it! I am so excited, and typing this out only made it worse! I cannot wait for my blue roses, as they are my favourite!

I love the Tables.....I can not wait to see pictures!!!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter