Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

I'm happy to hear that many patios here in the Niagara region will only be allowing people from this region to attend them. IMO its a great way to keep people from out of town from visiting.

Day 9 of no cases in NS. Our Premier is having a briefing at 12pm which is supposed to discuss more easing of restrictions.

What is the next amount of people in a group after 10? 50?

I'm happy to hear that many patios here in the Niagara region will only be allowing people from this region to attend them. IMO its a great way to keep people from out of town from visiting.
I just wonder how they are going to enforce this, will you have to make a reservation and declare where you live?

I just wonder how they are going to enforce this, will you have to make a reservation and declare where you live?
I know the one patio has said if they don't know you, you will have to show ID to get in. That will probably change one Toronto and Peel region get to Phase 2.

Where did you hear this?

We get such mixed messages! A few weeks ago the Mayor of Niagara Falls was on local media in the GTA asking people to consider visiting NF to help the economy.

There is a few places I frequent that posted on their Facebook page saying it.
I don’t think that constitutes Niagara patios requiring masks then. Good for those few businesses and I hope more will require it, but it doesn’t appear to be a trend.

Niagara Falls has been sending me emails for 3 weeks telling me of all the things that are open.
I would not feel safe going there right now. If I did I would certainly show my respect and caring and wear a mask to protect the people working there.

This is what the email says
Social-distancing guidelines have been put into effect along with other safety and sanitation measures. Stay tuned for more openings!

YOUR UPGRADE IS ON US AT SHERATON

NIAGARA BREWING COMPANY
STARBUCKS
Sweet Jesus
GREAT CANADIAN MARKETPLACE
FRESHII OPENS SATURDAY JUNE 13
HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE WORLD
Hard Rock Cafe

NIAGARA FALLS ILLUMINATION
Enjoy the spectacle of the nightly Niagara Falls illuminations from the comfort of your room.

Now if they could just get those slot machine outdoors under some nice white tents about 4 meters apart I would consider a quick day trip ,,,lol,,,lol!

Till then we will have to do a
LIVE CAM
https://www.earthcam.com/canada/niagarafalls/thefalls/?cam=niagarafalls2Hugs Mel

Last edited:
So as of the press conference this morning in New Brunswick (with the exception of Zone 5 which is still undergoing an outbreak in a couple healthcare facilities):

- all businesses allowed to open
- all capacity restrictions removed. So you can now have indoor and outdoor gatherings of any size, including in gyms, pools, arenas, churches, funerals, weddings, family gatherings etc... This was previously limited to 50 people. Social distancing is still required, and masks are required where distancing is not possible.
- overnight youth camps are now allowed
- Nursing homes are now open to visitors, however, only one person at a time, and masks must be worn
- No more self-isolating if you are returning to NB for work purposes
- Seasonal property owners are now allowed in to the province, but must self-isolate for 14 days upon entry
- You are now allowed in to visit family in NB, but you must self-isolate for 14 days, or the duration of your visit if it's less than 14 days (which makes absolutely NO sense - how do you visit family while isolating? lol).
- Covid testing open to everyone presenting with only one symptom
- An Atlantic Bubble between NB, NS and PEI will be set up by early July. We will be able to travel freely between the provinces without self-isolation requirements. They also said that further travel opportunities in other areas of Canada are expected later on this summer.

BC is moving into Phase 3 as of today. This means travel around the province of BC is now encouraged (with proper social distancing etiquette, etc). They are also allowing the film and tv industry to begin again. Movie theatres are now starting to reopen.

Things that continue to stay the same include the max on 50 people in a gathering. We will stay in Phase 3 until a vaccine or herd immunity is achieved or we have zero cases for quite a while. So yeah, I think we will be staying in Phase 3 for many months to come.

Here in BC it was announced this morning that Playland (our amusement park) will reopen starting July 10 (more details to follow apparently) and that the PNE will go ahead (in some capacity) that last two weeks of summer leading up to Labour Day weekend. I'm actually surprised!

Here in BC it was announced this morning that Playland (our amusement park) will reopen starting July 10 (more details to follow apparently) and that the PNE will go ahead (in some capacity) that last two weeks of summer leading up to Labour Day weekend. I'm actually surprised!

Wow! that does surprise me too! We are looking at some BC spots to visit- Barkerville, Okanagan areas

Wow! that does surprise me too! We are looking at some BC spots to visit- Barkerville, Okanagan areas
We're going to be doing a couple of nights in Penticton in early July and then looking at a longer road trip for later in August. If we want to use my husbands car though (EV) it will take more planning as there are less and less car chargers the farther north you go.

Apparently the PNE is going to be a drive-thru event (whatever that means) so I guess we will see.

We're going to be doing a couple of nights in Penticton in early July and then looking at a longer road trip for later in August. If we want to use my husbands car though (EV) it will take more planning as there are less and less car chargers the farther north you go.

Apparently the PNE is going to be a drive-thru event (whatever that means) so I guess we will see.

Have you been to Barkerville? It's a blast for kids of all ages! You could overnight in Kamloops? How long is your range?

Have you been to Barkerville? It's a blast for kids of all ages! You could overnight in Kamloops? How long is your range?
347km on a full charge I think? My husband keeps pushing for Barkerville and of course my youngest just finished grade 4 where's they learned allllll about the gold rush and Barkerville 😁 so it could be very educational lol

347km on a full charge I think? My husband keeps pushing for Barkerville and of course my youngest just finished grade 4 where's they learned allllll about the gold rush and Barkerville 😁 so it could be very educational lol

It's a blast! Seriously! I can help with stops along the way too!

I know I may have to break down and do something I have never done in my 60 years and that is cut my own bangs. :scared1: I am going to call a friend and ask her how she does it since my sister has curly hair so she can't advise me. The rest of my hair I can handle but with wearing glasses the bangs are driving me nuts.
Ahhhh Hon hold off a bit,,,I cut mine and regret it.:sad2: I am 60 young also.
But you may have hidden talents who knows.
Hugs to you
Mel
So update to my hair dilemma and it is a sad one. I just heard that my hairdresser tested positive for Covid back on April 8th and has been in the hospital ever since. That is all the information that I have but I heard that his wife/business partner was trying to sell the business to the other hairstylist who worked there. She said no so she may either try and sell to somebody else or just close up shop and walk away. I am going to either have to go to the other hairstylist (who will be working out of her house for now) or maybe go to the First Choice Hairstylist near my house.
Fingers crossed that he recuperates but the fact he has been in the hospital so soon doesn't sound good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter