PTR - Help Us Plan! (Princesses from Arendelle do Disney)

First glimpse of the weather and it's looking pretty good! Our Saturday Dec 3 arrival is looking to be 19 degrees and our first full day on Sunday is 20 degrees (I guess thats 66 F and 68 F for most of you) - for a reference point, where I'm from in Canada, today is 25 F (-4 C) and is looking to be 23 F (-5 C) when we leave here on Dec 3 so itll be a nice change for us! Can't believe the countdown is so close... 13 sleeps. Almost to single digits!!

Here is our rough itinerary for our trip...

Basically I want to be in DL on our first half day and our last day (with the option to park hop on the last day if we wanted to) so the way I’ve scheduled it is..

Saturday Dec 3 – arrival day
– head to Disneyland around 3pm until close
– this wasn’t originally a park day, but got an upgrade in our tickets for a screamin’ deal so we get this bonus park time
– goal is to see PTN, fireworks, and ride a couple rides
– may try to see Mickey and the Magical Map at 530pm

Sunday Dec 4
– head to DL for rope drop
– hit peter pan asap and hopefully knock out a couple other fantasyland rides
– maybe grab a HM Holiday FP
– see Mickey and the Magical Map 12pm if didn’t see it yesterday
– around noon (or after MMM), park hop to DCA
– get FP for TOT and WOC– rides (likely based on app wait times) and get more FP when available (for RSR, Soarin)
– see the Buena Vista Street tree lighting at 5pm and then the Viva Navidad Street party around 515pm
– line up for TOT late check out
– see WOC (still debating the 9pm show versus the 1015pm show, but leaning towards 1015)
– park hop to DL and ride BTMRR (*because apparently BTMRR is getting refurbished on Mon/Tues)

Monday Dec 5
– Plaza Inn Breakfast 840am
– after breakfast head to DCA for opening
– get RSR FP and head to TSMM– rides (likely based on app wait times) and get more FP when available
– be in Carsland at dusk when the lights come on
– ride TOT for sure one more time
– park hop to DL at DCA close

Tuesday Dec 6
– rope drop DL
– potentially wait for candy canes (tbd) if not, start on rides
– rides all day utilizing FP and the app; aim to do HMH and IASW early
– Christmas parade at 130pm
– potentially see Tangled at the Royal Theater at 5pm
– fireworks at 930pm
– rides and/or main street shops wandering

We definitely have some must do's (like PTN on Saturday and rope drop every day) but we are definitely flexible and are hoping to just go with the (slightly planned) flow. I've never done park hopping for FPs but think we may try that to be able to do some of the things we want to multiple times.

I'm also planning some of the things we want to try to eat and creating a bit of a budget, but am getting quite sad about the exchange rate :( stupid canadian dollar! We have some money saving tactics planned for eating but it's still a bummer. Oh well, it will be worth it.

You sounds more planned out that I am. We arrive Friday morning, and hope to be in DL by noon. But I still can't even decide which days to start at which parks. Frustrating!

Ha - I sound planned but I don't feel planned!! I know once I get there, I'll be more go with the flow, but I am trying to at least have a bit of a plan so I can maximize our time doing everything we want to do!

That's so exciting for you - its coming up so fast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter