Puppy!!! He's got a name!! INTRODUCING.... Page 5

Ears will be up and he will be able to fly with them.

Ummmm??? Huh? Is this something Corgis can do? :lmao: Is Dumbo one of the names on your list? (sorry, couldn't resist) :lmao: I crack myself up :rotfl2:

He really is sooooo cute! Can't wait to see the new pics!

He is ADORABLE. I have never seen a baby Corgi before. My parents got their Corgi when he was a few years old. Have fun with your new baby!

When I got Yoda at 10 weeks old, he looked nothing like this, so I'm expecting a big change in the little guy this weekend. I've never seen them quite this young either. He didn't have the corgi personality at 5 weeks. At 12 weeks they become a holy terror!!

Ummmm??? Huh? Is this something Corgis can do? :lmao: Is Dumbo one of the names on your list? (sorry, couldn't resist) :lmao: I crack myself up :rotfl2:

He really is sooooo cute! Can't wait to see the new pics!

Well, you know, I hadn't thought of Dumbo for a name!! LOL!! They become a blur, they are so full of energy. If their center of gravity weren't so low, they would really fly outside with those ears, especially around this windy area!

He's here!!!! We got home around 6 PM last night after a fairly good trip home. We stopped a couple of times and he did his business in the grass. The puppy got a little car sick but is fine and did well on the trip home. He didn't eat or drink anything yesterday after I picked him up, but he is today.

He met Gracie, my 12 year old dog last night, and they both get along so well Gracie is SO patient with him and even tried to play a little, though he's so small it was a little hard. She also barked at him when he tried to nip her toes so she gives quick appropriate corrections and then ignores him. He follows her around everywhere!! He loves my flower beds in the back yard., especially the Iris.

I had a horrendous trip to an through parts of eastern Iowa on Friday afternoon, though. There were tornadoes and I could see absolutely nothing while I was driving. I pulled off onto the shoulder in back of a couple of cars, but that was very dangerous since it was I-80. I was still shaking when I stopped later on to have a snack. The radio was giving times when this tornado was supposed to pass through different towns and I was right there. There were at least 10 semis jack-knifed on and off the Interstate and a big bus, etc. If I had known that was going to happen, I would have left earlier or later, but I had passed an exit when this all started and couldn't otherwise get off. Oh well, I made it through!

I'm hoping I was able to get these photos uploaded. I online so they'll show up here. I remember Nancy saying Photobucket was easy and, if they show up here, I agree...very easy!!

Help me....I'm having so many problems naming him. I will include a list in my next post. The name, puppy is just driving me crazy!! He's VERY different both in looks and personality than Yoda was. He will, by the way, be a bright, darker red and white....The brownish is just young puppy fur.

PICT0443.jpg

PICT0427.jpg

OMG!! He is just so cute!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

That sounds like a really scary trip :eek: Glad to hear to made it through the storms.

Oh My....Those pics turned out way too big. I need to find out how to resize!! Sorry!!

Here's my list of potential names:
Pluto ( I love the name but don't think if fits a Corgi)
Disney
Copper
Figment - Call him "Figgy"
Skye
Windsor
Thumper
Jitterbug
Gabriel - Gabe
Quentin
Quinci
Tristan - (Call him Tris) Welsh - Loud one.
Keagan (Means Fierey in Welsh)
Keary
Bailey
Crackerjack
Collin
Fizz
Finnigan (Finn)
Huckleberry (huck)
Razzmatazz (Razz)
Quigley
SunDance
Spice
Whimsy
Zipp-a-dee-doo-dah (Zipp or Zippy)
Any other thoughts?

Possible AKC Names:
Fun'n Fancy Free
Pizzazz 'n Razzmatazz

He's inquisative and playful. Will be bright red and white. Obviously, he's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. He prances around with a gate that has real character which was really different than his sibblings...then he stumbles and falls over. LOL!

Help me!!!

Wow, that's a long list!

So, I guess my question is... Is he "Zippy" or more "Fizz"?

I like Bailey, Zippy, Jack (after Captain Jack Sparrow of course, but short for Crackerjack), and Razz...paw:

He's so adorable!! Enjoy your time with him. I'm sorry the drive home was so scary! That sounds horrible.

For names, I like Zippy. I like names that either have, or you can adapt to having a -y at the end. But I think his name will become obvious to you in the next few days.

Enjoy this time!!

He's so adorable!! Enjoy your time with him. I'm sorry the drive home was so scary! That sounds horrible.

Thanks, NEE!! It was actually the trip there, that the storms happened. I'm really glad he wasn't with me and that it wasn't on the way home.

Wow, that's a long list!

So, I guess my question is... Is he "Zippy" or more "Fizz"?

I like Bailey, Zippy, Jack (after Captain Jack Sparrow of course, but short for Crackerjack), and Razz...paw:

Oh, I now it's long.....it's shorter than it was, though!! Yes, he's zippy, fizzy, active, etc.(typical of a corgi). When he's outside, he spends most of his time jumping up trying to grab the Iris flowers and leaves!! Oh, the names are such a dilema. I'll try to last the day and see if it comes to me. I aske him if he is "Disney" and he jumped up with glee and he did the same thing with "Figgy". Then I said "Are you..?" and he jumped up! Agh!!

He is soo cute. I think any name you pick for him will turn out to be the right one.

I too am glad you are home safe!

Oh My what a cutie. I want a dog/puppy so bad but DH is still holding out. I did find a beagle at the local shelter but havent convinced him yet.:sad2:

I like Finn with his AKC name being Finn 'n Fancy Free

He is so adorable. I love puppies! Keagan and Finnegan jumped out at me for some reason when I read your list though I also liked Quinci and Bailey.

But you know that you'll know when you find the right name for him and maybe it won't even be on your list.

He's adorable!!
I'm glad you guys made it home in one piece.

Names:
I like Copper, Cooper or Sam. He looks like a Sam to me. Finn is cute too though.

Congratulations! What a cutie!
I first found this thread weeks ago and have been coming back in anticipation of pictures! We have a 2 1/2 year old tri-color Corgi named Sassy. We are hooked on the breed!
When I saw the picture the first name that came to mind was Todd from The Fox and the Hound. He has that cute little fox face!
I have also heard of a Corgi named Scooter. I thought was cute!

Wow, thanks everyone!!! I'm still looking over the list of names and getting to know him. I'll get there.....and it better be soon, huh!!??

Congratulations! What a cutie!
I first found this thread weeks ago and have been coming back in anticipation of pictures! We have a 2 1/2 year old tri-color Corgi named Sassy. We are hooked on the breed!
When I saw the picture the first name that came to mind was Todd from The Fox and the Hound. He has that cute little fox face!
I have also heard of a Corgi named Scooter. I thought was cute!

What a coincidence that you have one, too. They're like eating potato chips...you can't stop with just one!! I think this pup is going to be pretty different than my Yoda was. I think that's partly why I'm perplexed with names. You know...I had the name Sassy on my list and just took it off today. I love it, but I didn't think it fit this guy.

He's ADORABLE!! I know you must be having a ball! I love all of your names, but the ones that jumped out at me were Finnegan, Figment, and Copper. I like Finnegan and Copper, and you know if you name him Figment, you can use some swap stuff on his pages!! ;)

Well, we're starting our second full day at home today, and he's found his voice....I take it back....Sassy would fit just fine...LOL!! Ohmigosh!! My older dog is just a saint with her patience with this pup!!

I still haven't named him but I think by the end of the day I will. We're heading off to the Vet this afternoon for a check-up, and the office people there will probably go nuts without a name for the records, but they'll have to live with it for today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter