Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Pi Day!🥧

Storms are predicted for today and tomorrow in this area.⛈️

Got my ironing done, cleaned up the backyard and the litter boxes last night. Sat down to eat dinner and next thing you know it's 8:00, time for Survivor. Wasn't happy with who went home, really wanted to see a certain another person go.😠

Not much else going on. Judique, I agree about that icecream cone!🍦

Have a great day!:wave:

Good morning. Sunshine and 77 degrees today, and it's concert day for me! I can't wait, it's been so long since I went anywhere or really did anything. It's going to be a nice break to my boring world.

Dave called yesterday, he priced out building a new shed for me. It's less then half the cost of buying a prefab one. He's going to start tearing down the old one Saturday and then we'll go and get everything we need. He said it will take 2 days to build the new one. I just spent an hour clearing out some stuff. Trash barrels, wheel barrels, and bird baths. Some went in the other shed, some are in the side yard under a tarp. I won't take the regular mower out until they start tearing it down. I have it covered, but don't want to leave it outside for long. I'll chain it to the house in the side yard.
He's even going to put a new metal roof on it, and a cat door for the outdoor cats. I laughed when he told me he remembered that. Now I just have to get on Amazon and order the door.

I have laundry in, and I'm going to sweep out the shed. The boxes for the cats will have to go in the other shed for a day or so, if I can find room to put them in, it's pretty packed now.

Have a great day!

1710425554464.png

it's concert day for me!
Have a great time!
Happy Pi Day!
Right back at ya! (I must admit, not anything we get fussed over though)

Good day everyone.
This past trip to FL was good, weather was delightful! Spend a few nights in Orlando at the Omni for a convention and then headed to the Ft. Myers area for a few days and headed home Monday/Tuesday. I ended up driving home with my husband to keep him company and help share the driving chores - he was bringing back a skid steer from my folks place down there. Hauling a trailer full really slowed us down, although in truth we always split the drive and spend the night along the way. Our tractor trailer driver was confused as to why we didn't send him down to bring it back - but we were there so we thought we'd kill two birds w/ one stone so-to-speak.
Speaking of delightful, it's also been beautiful in our area of MD. Sunny, mild and in the mid-70's. I think that the weather is due to revert back to normal this weekend or next week. Oh well, soon enough it will be here to stay.
Our fall trip to Scotland has been temporarily scuttled due to our spur of the moment to put a pool in. Well, it's not spur of the moment, but more like done waiting and instead of being on a waiting list we will do it ourselves. We don't usually travel (outside of work) during the late spring, summer and fall times anyway so having a pool will be a pleasant way to spend a afternoon or evening after working all week in the office and at least one day of the weekend on the farm. We will probably be headed down to FL in early October instead for a week on the west coast and I'll plan a real vacation for next year. So now I'm up to my elbows in zoning certificate forms and whatever I need to submit to the county in lieu of a permit. Next up stucco & tile colors and pavers to pick out.
I think we are going to have to start mowing this weekend - at a minimum I will need to start the spring field bush hogging chore this weekend.
Dinner this evening will be grilled chicken. I wonder what marinades I have at home - if any????? well, maybe just go with good old salt-pepper-garlic. I haven't been grocery shopping in forever, and it's not happening today so I'm not sure what we are having w/ the chicken but it won't be salad till I get to the store!
Weekends are starting to look busy - this weekend youngest and wife will be over. Next week it is looking like our nephew & his wife may be up, then Easter....got the news the in-laws will be at my BIL's over that weekend, so now my husband and I need to decide if we're going to "be around" or not. Easter isn't a big holiday/celebration for me so It would normally probably just be another weekend. I think I'm looking forward to Memorial Day weekend- 3+ days and ZERO plans!

Has anyone heard from Pea? Hope all is well with her & her family.

Pea has not posted since about mid Feb. I hope she is just taking a break and busy with good things in life.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you have an easy time getting to the doctor today and it all goes well.

@Judique I am looking forward to trying out Brown Derby at Studios. Chris and I wanted to go there but did not get a chance. My friend and I will try it out. I have always liked Plaza Restaurant. It will be nice to take a break and sit down in AC for a bit mid day. I found 3 Disney gift cards that my kids got me. I will use them to get Genie at a couple of the parks so my friend can go on some of the newer rides. She hasn't been in over 10 years and most likely won't be going again after our trip, at least not for a while. I want her to have a good time.

It is 43 here now, staying in the 40s today. It has been raining but it is supposed to stop. The contractors have been doing some grading work around the complex. I was watching them across the way with a mini backhoe digging up one area near a condo. The guy almost hit the foundation with the backhoe at least 2 times. I really don't trust the people the builder hires for work. They don't seem to be focused on what they are doing and more focused on talking and looking at their phones. I have 3 white circles painted on the sparse grass outside my window wells. That probably means grading work. My neighbor texted me yesterday that they were doing window well work at the condo next to her. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. I need the grading work done but I don't trust the workers they have doing it. The condo meeting with the attorney was very interesting. Condo law in Mass. is crazy. The builder has not released financials as he is legally obligated to do. He could be using money that is for the future HOA for his expenses. We are going to hire the attorney to get the financials and he will audit them. Any irregularities will be noted. The attorney believes there are red flags. Everyone who wants to can contribute to the cost and no one is required to do so. There are so many issues with condo builders and builders in general these days. We are by far not alone in having the issues we are having.

I went to a grief group yesterday at the community center. There are 4 of us which is a nice small group. The grief counselor is very kind and caring. I will probably go back next month. Everyone was respectful of each other.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good Morning.

We did get a storm yesterday afternoon ⛈️. Not much but rain for us but I know that a couple of neighboring counties had such bad storms they believe tornados went through their county.

Jacob stopped over after work, I had some things for him. We ended up meeting Livia at a restaurant for a quick dinner 🍲. Came home and watched The Amazing Race from the other night.

I was so tired last night. I looked at my FitBit this morning and it said that I feel asleep at 9:15 and I actually slept through the night 😴. I've gone back to using my cpap machine. I can tell it makes a difference, I'm not taking naps at lunch anymore but I'm get tired around 7:00.

Snowysmom - sounds like the condo meeting was informative, hopefully things will come together. Happy you found a counseling group that you like. I'm guessing that is something you have to try out to see if it's a good fit. Hope it works out.

Working nightshift this weekend so I'm kinda dreading that since I know I'll be tired.🥱

Have a great day! :wave:

I went to a grief group yesterday at the community center. There are 4 of us which is a nice small group. The grief counselor is very kind and caring. I will probably go back next month. Everyone was respectful of each other.
I know you mentioned before that group settings weren't your thing, but I'm glad you had a good experience with this group. Good luck with the lawyer & condo mess.
We did get a storm yesterday afternoon ⛈️
I think we are looking at rain and/or maybe a storm this afternoon and this evening. But the weekend is looking clear and in the 60's , so that isn't to bad.

Good morning to you all. In the office till about 2:30, then off to a acupuncture appt. Contemplating treating myself to a second cup of coffee this morning as I'm feeling a bit pokey.

:grouphug:Snowysmom, prayers the small grief support group (so proud of you for going) brings you increasing peace. 4 sounds ideal not a big group which would not be my preference either. You are such a kind friend. Have a wonderful time with your friend at WDW. Thank you so much. I did cancel my appointment. I am looking into the option of a mobile podiatrist. That would be ideal to have a doctor come to me. Grace of God I am healing, step by step. I pray to get back to where I was before this setback happened. I sure learned not to rush recovery! Love to all and Happy Friday.

Last edited:
Good Morning!
@Snowysmom my younger DD stopped going to Disney maybe 7 years ago so will be catching up with new stuff this trip. I've told her to just pay for lightning lanes if she can't get in a queue for those rides that have them at 7am and 1pm.

Reason is I've been reading that genie is not great at the time we are going - Easter and really busy. The rest of us don't care if we get on a certain ride or not, although I will do my Safari at Animal Kingdom, hopefully at opening with the half hour early entry for deluxe resorts. I don't even find the half hour really helps that much, still a wait, but at least LL and Genie are not jumping the line at that time. I'll then hop to the park the GD and older DD are doing that morning as she eliminated AK from her days.

The theme park forums have a lot of opinions on what to do. But since I don't really do popular rides as all things fast and high are eliminated from my list, nothing really is worth me paying extra. Older DD feels the girls will have a great time just being in the parks and I agree. They haven't reached a point where they know all the ins and outs. Swimming is their big thing and both are strong swimmers now so they will enjoy the slides at our resorts.

Their dad doesn't do rides either. He just wants to be there as it's family, which is a good thing.

@footballmouse not sure what state you are in but very early this morning there was 'breaking news' about some parts of Ohio. Haven't gone back to check but I think a trailer park had been hit and there were a lot of injuries - at that time I read 39 were being treated. A neighbor is from Ohio so it registers for my brain.

@Judique I understand your outlook on Disney and Genie. We are going at a quieter time. I may only get Genie for Epcot as I want her to experience a few rides there. I did that on my solo trip and was glad I did. Since I do have the "found" gift cards I will do it. I do like the roller coasters but she is not a coaster person so I will not be doing that. I hope you have a great trip with your family. Looking forward to a trip report.

@flyingdumbo127 Sorry you had to cancel your appt but a mobile doctor sounds like a good plan.

Good morning! They were calling for rain today, but right now we have sun and blue skies, temp is already 62, stayed there most of the night.

1710511816620.png

The concert was awesome. It was at First Summit Arena, which is an older one, smaller venue. Took us an hour and 20 min to get there. Parking spot was reserved, and right across the street. We got there at 5:45 and the doors opened at 6. There were big lines outside, but there were I think 6 doors, and everyone just filed in orderly. Security check and right to will call, no one else in line. Got tickets, looked at the merchandise booth (t shirts were $40. I had bought some online before hand and only paid $20, lol. The whole center floor section was metal folding chairs, and I couldn't see anyone paying $100 for tickets to sit on those for 3 1/2 hours. Our seats were in the first upper section, perfect angle for the show, regular seats. First row, so no looking through anyone else's head.

The opening act was a country singer (male), and he was good. The second act was a 'Christian country' singer (female). They had the bass turned up so loud for her that it drowned her out at points. Every act started exactly on time. They had meet and greets for the girl and Scotty. I don't know how much hers was , but we were talking to a couple in the section next to us, and they paid $100 per person for Scotty's. They said it sold out.
Scotty sang for an hour and a half. He's come a long long way from American Idol. We were both hoarse when we came out from singing and cheering, lol.

We went down to the lower level before his next to last song and watched from there. Summer's back was bothering her and she was sore from sitting. It worked well, as soon as his encore song was done, we walked through the curtains and into the lobby. The first singer was doing a free meet and greet in the lobby, and she got a picture with him. We walked outside, across the street, and headed home before most people were still in the arena.
No traffic all the way home, but it was dark, curvy roads. It had started sprinkling but it didn't last, but there was a lightning show in the sky.

Made it home by 12:30., but it was almost 3 when I finally fell asleep.

Her hysterectomy is today at noon, so if you could spare a prayer that all goes well, it would be appreciated.

@Snowysmom Glad that your meeting may produce some results. I hope they do the grading work on your condo with no further issues.

@flyingdumbo127 I never heard of a mobile podiatrist Mona, but I hope you can find one to make it easier for you.

Have a great day everyone, I need a nap already, lol.

1710512070186.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter