Question About “Magic” Tickets from Guest Services

Abbey1

DIS Veteran
Back in October, we had to cut our vacation short since my son caught a terrible virus. At Guest Services, I was given a code for regular 1-day admission tickets to use on a future trip. We’ll be visiting the parks next week and I am wondering how these tickets work exactly.

I know I have to go to guest services in the morning to get the tickets. Once I do that, can they be added to the Disneyland app? Our big priority is of course riding RotR and I’m nervous that using our guest services tickets the first day (Thursday which I think will be out best shot at getting a boarding group) could complicate things. The other two days of our trip, however, are not regular admission days so those tickets wouldn’t be valid.

I’m also wondering how much extra time I should plan on needing to get through that guest services line first thing in the morning. Thanks for any help!

@asumom That’s good advice! I hadn’t thought about going the day before. They don’t require that you visit guest services the same day that you’ll be using the tickets?

Definitely go the day before if you can. Lines have been really long this weekend (we were there Friday until yesterday) due to lots of guest going to complain about BGs, not getting one, how to get one, etc. Plus all the other regular people that are there, doing things like you are. Crowds in the morning are rough because of the whole BG process, so if you can go the night before, I would. GS opens one hour before park opening, as I understand it. If the lines are long in the morning, it could take longer than that one hour, plus then you would have to get in a long entrance line to go through the turnstiles after you finish at GS, and you very much risk missing out on trying for a BG for ROTR because you can't get into the park on time.

Definitely go the day before if you can. Lines have been really long this weekend (we were there Friday until yesterday) due to lots of guest going to complain about BGs, not getting one, how to get one, etc. Plus all the other regular people that are there, doing things like you are. Crowds in the morning are rough because of the whole BG process, so if you can go the night before, I would. GS opens one hour before park opening, as I understand it. If the lines are long in the morning, it could take longer than that one hour, plus then you would have to get in a long entrance line to go through the turnstiles after you finish at GS, and you very much risk missing out on trying for a BG for ROTR because you can't get into the park on time.
Thanks for the advice. I’m definitely planning on going the evening before to (hopefully!) get it all sorted before our first day in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter