Question about Prime Day

I'm going to get a Fire HD8 because my Samsung tablet is having trouble. I want to get a cover but the search keeps crashing.

I just went onto Amazon to check a few things I need/want to order a few things on my list to see if I could get a deal. Lo and behold, I lucked out and got my running sneakers for half off. They were originally $119 and listed as 25% off, which I thought was a great deal. Then I checked out and got an additional 30% off! I bought another $22 item, which wasn't on sale at all.

The way I view this sale is the way I view sales and coupons in general. If I need something, I will look for a deal, but I don't shop because there is a sale or a deal. Then, you are spending money you didn't intend to spend in the first place, so you're not really saving.

The other good thing that Amazon started doing is giving a discount to Prime members for items at Whole Foods, which is where I grocery shop once a week. The discount is fairly substantial on some items. Raincoast Crisp crackers, which we love, but are expensive at $8.99 a box, were $4.99 for Prime member this week.

I'm going to get a Fire HD8 because my Samsung tablet is having trouble. I want to get a cover but the search keeps crashing.
It crashed a few times today while I was ordering. It held my cart though, and I got in after a few minutes.

I was trying to look up and see if there's any Disney-related stuff included in Prime Day

There were some kids Minnie Mouse headphones I was considering buying for a DGD. I elected to receive an alert when it came up for sale and received one, but then couldn't get on to buy the damn thing. No biggie though. I did get in right at 2pm and I also bought a Fire TV stick. We've had prime for well over a year and never watch the videos offered because we don't really watch video content on our computers. Figured it was high time to grab the device for cheap and see what we've been missing. :)

I was able to get the Amazon security camera system indoor/outdoor for a decent price. I had gift cards to spend, so happy birthday to me! :teeth:

Site has been crashing since it went live. I was able to order a few items but it's a very boring sale as it is every year.

There were some kids Minnie Mouse headphones I was considering buying for a DGD. I elected to receive an alert when it came up for sale and received one, but then couldn't get on to buy the damn thing. No biggie though. I did get in right at 2pm and I also bought a Fire TV stick. We've had prime for well over a year and never watch the videos offered because we don't really watch video content on our computers. Figured it was high time to grab the device for cheap and see what we've been missing. :)
That's a bummer about the headphones :(

We're setting up our Fire Stick now (don't know what we'll do with the old one lol) as it was free 1 day delivery (got here about 30mins ago).

We watch/use/listen a decent amount of stuff between Netflix, Amazon Prime, Pandora and I Heart Radio, I use an app that has Youtube web browser on it so that's how I watch the Dis Unplugged Podcasts now instead of my computer, HBO go app, Starz app, etc.

We used to use our XBOX 360 for this stuff but Aaron moved it upstairs to the front bedroom that is acting like his 'man cave' if you will lol.

Having an easy way to get apps right on your tv can be addicting though lol.

I managed to get a instantpot and fire for my daughter. That was all I really wanted, but now I heard that the site keeps crashing so I'm glad I got in when I did!!!!

There are some good original series on Prime Video.

Ended up canceling one of the baking sheet sets because they charged me full price and not the Prime Day price.

I bought a DNA test from 23andMe for $99 (only valid for today). Normal price is $199 on Amazon. Going to then upload my DNA on Ecrypgen's portal and get paid to sell the data to various researchers.

Pretty sweet!!

I managed to get a instantpot and fire for my daughter. That was all I really wanted, but now I heard that the site keeps crashing so I'm glad I got in when I did!!!!
I got an instapot too! Rachel Ray did a segment on them today LOL

I can't even get into the Amazon website. It just keeps saying that something went wrong on their end.

For those having issues you may try going to smile.amazon(.com)

For whatever reason (maybe a different server) their website that gives a portion of your order to an organization of your choice seems to be working better. I guess it was reported that it's been working better at least in stability than their normal site. Admittedly I'm not always the best in remembering to go through smile when I purchase things.

Just a heads up, Target is having a one day sale I assume meant to compete with Prime Day. Much easier to navigate and stuff I’ve actually been looking for.

Target isn't working either.
Just a heads up, Target is having a one day sale I assume meant to compete with Prime Day. Much easier to navigate and stuff I’ve actually been looking for.
:rotfl2:

Huh. It's hard for me to spend money on Amazon.

I checked my wishlist... nothing is on sale and prices haven't been lowered. *yawn* that was time wasted... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter