Questions for early Alaskan cruisers!

I hate to get off subject of the question you asked, however, I'm very curious... Were there fireworks on the WONDER to Alaska when you went? & What about Pirates night?

I've heard there are NO fireworks...and that it's pixar night NOT pirates night, on the Wonder.

Thanks, Shannon

I hate to get off subject of the question you asked, however, I'm very curious... Were there fireworks on the WONDER to Alaska when you went? & What about Pirates night?

I've heard there are NO fireworks...and that it's pixar night NOT pirates night, on the Wonder.

Thanks, Shannon

No fireworks and no pirate night.

So funny - I clicked on this thread to see if I could offer any info and I was the original poster! We were on what I think was only the 2nd or 3rd DCL cruise to Alaska and had an amazing time. It seems so long ago. I would totally recommend it and am happy to answer any questions. :)

So funny - I clicked on this thread to see if I could offer any info and I was the original poster! We were on what I think was only the 2nd or 3rd DCL cruise to Alaska and had an amazing time. It seems so long ago. I would totally recommend it and am happy to answer any questions. :)

We don't have a veranda room..... Other than deck 10, where is a good place to view Tracy Arm fjord without being smoothed by other people? Is there such a place? :P

My parents were on deck 4 for much of the trip into Tracy arm and kind of had it to themselves. You may need to move from one side of the ship to the other but you will still have a good view. It is kind of fun to see the ice go by when you are closer to the water.

My parents were on deck 4 for much of the trip into Tracy arm and kind of had it to themselves. You may need to move from one side of the ship to the other but you will still have a good view. It is kind of fun to see the ice go by when you are closer to the water.

Ok awesome!! Thanks for me letting me know! :)

I was wondering if this thread is still accurate. I was very happy to read a lot of the info but then noticed its mostly from 2011.

We are especially interested in the Tracy Arm information.
Is there still a BBQ lunch on deck 9?
Does the naturalist still talk on Tracy Arm day along with the other sea day?
Is there still special activities for the kids on these days as well?

TIA! :)

I was wondering if this thread is still accurate. I was very happy to read a lot of the info but then noticed its mostly from 2011.

We are especially interested in the Tracy Arm information.

I went in 2013 please see my link below for photos of Tracy arm and also August 2013 Navigators and a link to my blog posted live last year from that cruise.

Is there still a BBQ lunch on deck 9?

Yes

Does the naturalist still talk on Tracy Arm day along with the other sea day?
Is there still special activities for the kids on these days as well?

Naturalist talks were 3, two on first sea day one on Tracy Arm day all in WD Theater.

TIA! :)

Answers above and follow my link below for tons of photos, navigators and links to who we booked with, we had two private tours in each dock.

We don't have a veranda room..... Other than deck 10, where is a good place to view Tracy Arm fjord without being smoothed by other people? Is there such a place? :P

We sat in the coffee bar during the day and watched through the plexi. When we got to the glacier we watched from deck 4. (our ship turned back and forth to give both sides a good view) We also booked the earliest dinner time in Palo that night and watched the beautiful scenery as we sailed out of Tracey Arm. It was a perfect day.

We had a really early lunch in Palo and watched the fjord from our window, while dining. It was raining that morning. Inside it was nice and dry and warm. By the time we were done we had arrived at the glacier and went up on deck to watch the ship turn around. We stayed on deck and watched from the aft so we could get the opposite perspective. This was in early June 2013

We sat in the coffee bar during the day and watched through the plexi. When we got to the glacier we watched from deck 4. (our ship turned back and forth to give both sides a good view) We also booked the earliest dinner time in Palo that night and watched the beautiful scenery as we sailed out of Tracey Arm. It was a perfect day.

Would you be able to say how crowded it was in the coffee bar? Were you able to get a table fairly easily or was it as bad as Pecos Bill at lunchtime (before they had the CMs seating people).

Has anyone done the excursion offered on debarkation day? It's a bus tour around town and takes you out to Capilano Suspension Bridge and then drops you off at the airport.

We are thinking about doing this but are wondering what they do with our luggage?

Thanks!

Is the naturalist still Doug Jones?

The naturalist is part of the National park staff, so it might change.

However, it has been the same ranger in 2011 and 2013.

We live halfway between Seattle and Vancouver.

Weather today is 76 degrees at 6:25 pm. Should go back to rain tomorrow.

We are in the planning stages and need to determine if there are Disney transfers to the ship or hotel from the airport. Love the idea that luggage will be handled by someone other than me. I am disabled and will be traveling with two granddaughters age 12 and 14. I don't want to put the burden of handling luggage on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter