Ratatouille To Epcot

I hope this is an exact copy, with the ride being trackless

All indications are we are getting a clone. I am fine with this though - while I am happy that they keep things different from DLR and WDW, I am fine with them brining in successful rides from the foreign parks. There's little chance of me ever getting to any of those parks - so getting it here is a plus. Plus I'm a big Remy fan.

everything I have seen the actual ride will be an exact clone, though the entrance way/queue will be different I believe
Yep exact clone. Outside facade will be the only thing different so it fits the France Pavilion.

Ratatouille was our FAVORITE ride in Paris! The kids are still talking about it. I would love to see them bring that ride to WDW somewhere!

If we’re talking about differences I wonder what they’re going to do with the ride audio. For those who have been on it and watched it, it is bilingual in English and French, best example is at the end where Remy is thanking the guests in both languages in the same clip. Just curious how they’re going to translate that here

If we’re talking about differences I wonder what they’re going to do with the ride audio. For those who have been on it and watched it, it is bilingual in English and French, best example is at the end where Remy is thanking the guests in both languages in the same clip. Just curious how they’re going to translate that here

Pretty sure it will be just in English...pretty sure the technology already exists to record new dialog.

I could see the end stay as he says "Au Revoir" or whatever, to keep with the theme of the movie and the Pavilion and I think most people know what that means. But the vast majority will need to be in English

I have wondered at what point Disney would do a ride where you could select the ride audio. For instance - SSE or HM, the audio is all within the vehicle. Why couldn't I pick "German" (maybe you can on SSE, not sure.) and hear that language on my ride.

But yeah, for how much america is supposedly a melting pot, it's one of the most "One language only" countries around. You don't realize this until you go to Canada or Europe or even Asia and see signs in multiple languages. So really - there's no doubt this will be translated.

I have wondered at what point Disney would do a ride where you could select the ride audio. For instance - SSE or HM, the audio is all within the vehicle. Why couldn't I pick "German" (maybe you can on SSE, not sure.) and hear that language on my ride.

But yeah, for how much america is supposedly a melting pot, it's one of the most "One language only" countries around. You don't realize this until you go to Canada or Europe or even Asia and see signs in multiple languages. So really - there's no doubt this will be translated.

I'm always amazed there isn't a button for this as well. It sometimes seems like the most foreign language type deference you get at WDW is on the monorail.

Spaceship Earth definitely has the multilanguage option ... I know this because one time my son picked Dutch or something and thought it was funny :|

Some areas of the U.S. are more multilingual ... Miami you almost need to speak Spanish. Detroit, a lot of the signs are also in Japanese due to the auto industry. New York you hear everything - but agree that the US is pretty English based for most things. And even measurements we only have signs in miles or whatever

Yeah sorry, I was kind of snide there to play it as a joke - I knew what you meant.
All I was going to say was, really they have the technology to do that? It’s hard to convey joking let alone tone through text. That’s the one area where I admit I use emojis to help others understand when I’m being sarcastic

I am looking forward to riding this. I've seen some videos of the ride system and it looks incredible.

Just Thought about this: with ratatouille and tron being clones shouldn’t it not take long for it to build? I’m asking hypothetically of course, as I know the permits just got submitted and well their construction speed but one could dream

Just Thought about this: with ratatouille and tron being clones shouldn’t it not take long for it to build? I’m asking hypothetically of course, as I know the permits just got submitted and well their construction speed but one could dream

Disney just doesn't do things quickly. If I could find the quote I would, but a previous poster put up how they like to spread construction expenses over multiple quarters. That is exactly right. Plus, there isn't much bang for their buck in doing it quickly. People plan Disney vacations .5-1.5 years out. The vast majority of planned vacations are already locked in, whether they rush to complete Tron and Rat or not. Spreading construction over 2 years is cheaper, they take a smaller hit in any single quarter, and they dangle a carrot for people to plan another trip 2-3 years out to see what they missed on this trip.

For the APs and DVC type folks, they are coming anyway. So if you spend to open Rat quickly, you are going to get the same locals to show up now and you will if you don't spend so much and open it in 2 years. It's a complete wash. To get those dollars, you need to do 2 things, keep them renewing, and keep them spending when they do show up. One way to do both is to introduce new things at regular intervals. With Pandora last year, Toy Story this year, Star Wars next year... those bases are covered.

In the end, there is no point in rushing these or even to move at a regular pace. Slow and steady pays the most for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter