READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going in a little over two weeks and I just want to make sure I’ve noted all the “tips”.

1. “Tap” into the park before 10am
2. Exit out of the MDE app fully (on my Iphone I just clear all my apps)
3. Turn off wifi
4. Enter back into app with a minute to go and go to my queues screen
5. Immediately when my phone clock goes to 10:00 select the join virtual queue
6. GO FAST

Am I missing anything? We practiced today and I got all the way to the not so fast screen but my DH was seconds behind and got the red bar saying it was already full. Any advice would be appreciated since this was the big honeymoon point for my DH.
I follow these steps until step 4
I open the app with a minute to go and don't touch anything until 10am, then hit join from the main screen. I know some people like to go this other way, I have never had an issue getting into a bg with just waiting and clicking join from the main page

Anyone in your party that has a phone should be logging into your account as well trying for a group. The more phones going the more of a chance you have.

Iirc it doesn't matter if they are logged into one person's account or their own (as long as everyone is on each other's friends and family)

But yes, agreed with the premise that everyone is the group should be trying

Greetings - I'm not a regular park attendee (for no specific reason, just works out that way). I wouldn't otherwise be considering WDW right now, but I just might risk it if I had an easier chance at ROTR. I missed out in February (got Boarding group 116 and i think they made it to 80). I know park capacity has been reduced, but I gather the ride capacity is also reduced.

For those that have been in recent weeks, have you found it easier to get on ROTR?

Thanks ahead of time -

Greetings - I'm not a regular park attendee (for no specific reason, just works out that way). I wouldn't otherwise be considering WDW right now, but I just might risk it if I had an easier chance at ROTR. I missed out in February (got Boarding group 116 and i think they made it to 80). I know park capacity has been reduced, but I gather the ride capacity is also reduced.

For those that have been in recent weeks, have you found it easier to get on ROTR?

Thanks ahead of time -
not easier unfortunately, along with reduction in ride capacity, the attraction continues having the same technical problems and with shorter park hours I would say it's not easier. If you read back you can see recent reports, the VQ is only opened for less than a minute most days

lol I keep forgetting to look at 10 or 2 to see what my F&F looks like when to join a BG. Made some adjustments and kicked people off so the ones I'll need to select in Sept they should be at the top

Just tried practicing from home, but I do not have the choose boarding group option on my home screen in MDE. What am I doing wrong?
is your app up to date? you should have a button that says join with a picture of the AT-AT on the front page, if not check your menu (3 horizontal lines) and you should see a box that says virtual queues

is your app up to date? you should have a button that says join with a picture of the AT-AT on the front page, if not check your menu (3 horizontal lines) and you should see a box that says virtual queues

You are my hero! I clicked on the three horizontal lines, found virtual queue, exited out, and now it is on my home screen.

Now I can practice prior to October! Thank You!

Well it doesn’t do any good with the planning, well maybe if you can get on the first ten groups. Group 19 today and it’s 1:22, still haven’t rode. Currently waiting in the queue with the second shutdown of the ride today.

Well it doesn’t do any good with the planning, well maybe if you can get on the first ten groups. Group 19 today and it’s 1:22, still haven’t rode. Currently waiting in the queue with the second shutdown of the ride today.
Looks like they're at BGs 25-29 now so hopefully you're in line or have ridden by now. :)

We are BG 29 and are still in line at 3:11pm. I haven’t been keeping up with this thread post Covid, but this seems insane. I lost count of how many times it broke down today.

Looks like they're at BGs 25-29 now so hopefully you're in line or have ridden by now. :)

I did and it then broke down the moment we got off so got kick there. Sorry for my rant, was just the first opportunity I had gotten to ride since it opened. What an awesome ride just wish they could get the kinks worked out. Sure they will someday.

We got BG 11 while in line for MMRR (which was also down for a little bit while we were in line) this morning. Got the notification our BG was ready while we were on MMRR. Walked over to RotR and it was down. Told we would get another notification to come back on MDE. Went and ate lunch and noticed we never got a notification but it was up again. Asked a Guest Experience team member what we could do. Told us to hit our ADR and we would have no problems getting in on RotR after. Went to our Oga’s ADR and ent to ride RotR again. Sure enough it was down again. We asked if we could just come back later in the evening and the CM there told us as long as we were in the line by 8. We went back to the resort to rest and cool off a while. We’re going to try it again before our Brown Derby ADR at 6:45p. Would honestly be ecstatic if they would let us slip in to MMRR line instead. That one caught me by complete surprise. I love that one!

I’m heading to Hollywood Studios in the morning. Staying at the Polynesian. What is the best way to get there? Supposedly the buses start running at 9 AM. Or should I drive? Or should I Uber?

Somewhat of a toss-up. If you have a car then you can just drive and plan to arrive at the parking toll-booths at about 9:15-9:20.

An Uber or Lyft requires a little more timing but you still want to have the car arrive at about 9:15-9:20 at HS.

The first bus should be earlier than 9 AM but there may be a line of guests that requires you to wait for more than 1 bus.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter