READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there 1/28 for reference, only one day. My family is a group of 6, my sister's family is a group of 4 (one under height requirement, so we will need rider swap) and my mom. So 10 altogether. We don't have to ride together, but if would be nice. We are all friends. (On the app and IRL. ;) ) How would you best approach this? All try as one group? Try as two groups and have the rider swap little kid wait with with the group with the lower BG after they ride. I've never done ride swap at Disney. We went our first time when my kids were tall enough for everything.

I’d make it as uncomplicated as possible. Everyone in the same BG, use rider swap (everyone still needs a BG to get this) to allow the 2nd group to go up the fastpass line.

We went on Dec 20. Got BG 34. Was called at 9:30am. So today is a bit behind that as it's just now at BG 33. But with all the FP given out yesterday, I guess this is on par.

I’d make it as uncomplicated as possible. Everyone in the same BG, use rider swap (everyone still needs a BG to get this) to allow the 2nd group to go up the fastpass line.
If we do rider swap does one person in our party (the one that waits with the little ) ride alone then?

PLEASE excuse my ignorance on the topic. ( and I have been following along in anticipation of our July trip)

my question - so, are most of you that have gone to DHS for ROTR , or planning on going, not making adrs.? I only ask because my kids love SCI-FI , and it's a must for us each trip - already booked our
ADR for.july 19, and just wondering what happens if your boarding group gets called during that time period ? ( I do understand the 2-hr window) ( we have a 4:30 ADR - )

TIA !

Exactly - I’d suspect in the vast majority of cases it would either be used to allow someone with a standard ticket to hop one day or allow someone to add one day to a longer trip (where the incremental value is o my about $10. Trust me - Disney extended my AP by three months once as compensation for something. That compensation cost me a lot of money when we added a trip we wouldn’t have otherwise taken!!!!
Scenarios:
  1. Guest has an AP. They see the comp ticket, say, "Oh, that was nice of them," then ignore it.
  2. Guest has a multi-day ticket and is continuing their vacation. Guest either visits 2 parks next day instead of one, or changes a non-park day to a park day. Disney potentially reaps more dining revenue at no cost.
  3. Guest has no remaining ticket days and is continuing their vacation. Disney has captured Guest for another unplanned park day.
  4. Guest is leaving next day. Guest either ignores it, or it may prompt a return visit.
  5. Guest is local, without an AP. They'll likely return to use ticket. Disney gets Guest back on property for more parking, food, and merch purchases.
All of the above, plus the goodwill generated.

Last edited:
PLEASE excuse my ignorance on the topic. ( and I have been following along in anticipation of our July trip)

my question - so, are most of you that have gone to DHS for ROTR , or planning on going, not making adrs.? I only ask because my kids love SCI-FI , and it's a must for us each trip - already booked our
ADR for.july 19, and just wondering what happens if your boarding group gets called during that time period ? ( I do understand the 2-hr window) ( we have a 4:30 ADR - )

TIA !

We have ADRs. We have a full DHS day with Sci Fi for lunch and Ale & Compass at the YC for dinner that we don’t care if we miss. We have a half DHS day with 50s Prime time for lunch. I think another half day somewhere else too.

Not concerned with the in park ADRs because of the 2 hour window. More than enough time to work around one.

We are going in May and I made an ADR for dinner. I figure that if we get a boarding group and it conflicts with the ADR, that I will go to guest services and ask to have the no show fee removed. However, you do have 2 hours to return after your boarding group is called so this will help too.

No they can take 2 people with them (at least 2 is the regular rider swap rule, assuming it applies here too), so somebody can get a bonus ride.

So is this how it works?

We have 7 in my family. All will ride this except our 2 yearold, so we are looking to do RS.

I stay with the 2 yearold while wife rides with 11y/o, 9 y/o, 8 y/o and 5 y/o.

When they are done, I go PLUS 2 of the ones that just rode?

TIA !
Even if your bg get called at the exact same time as your adr you have time to eat. How long has been the longest time you've spent eating at sci-fi?

Last edited:
So is this how it works?

We have 7 in my family. All will ride this except our 2 yearold, so we are looking to do RS.

I stay with the 2 yearold while wife rides with 11y/o, 9 y/o, 8 y/o and 5 y/o.

When they are done, I go PLUS 2 of the ones that just rode?
Yes, remember everyone in the group needs to get into a bg. When you get called let the cm scanning you at the entrance know that you are doing a rs, the second time you go through you are led through the fp line

My bad for leading you down the wrong path. I saw that you asked about linking tickets in the app and missed that you already made FPs which obviously means you already linked the tickets in your app. With this thread being so long I have to admit that I am skim reading posts. That's what I get. Sorry if I caused any unnecessary stress.
Oh totally no worries! It's all kind of confusing and my question was long! Ha ha. Just glad to know I don't have to pull a Clark Griswold at the ticketing booth at 6:30. "This is no longer a vacation! It's a quest. A quest for fun!"

Last edited:
I will be going to HS on 1/31, with a park open time of 8, and can not figure out when I need to leave BWI to get there. Part of me thinks it'll be even crazier because people won't have to wake up as early and the crowds will be a bit bigger, the other part of me is like "no need to wake up before the sun". I'm on a solo trip this time so it's just me, I Just don't want to think it's safe to start walking over after 7 and then get there to absolute insanity. I really wish they had moved the opening hours for that weekend to 7 just so I would know what to expect since that's the time frame all the data is from. *sigh*

I will be going to HS on 1/31, with a park open time of 8, and can not figure out when I need to leave BWI to get there. Part of me thinks it'll be even crazier because people won't have to wake up as early and the crowds will be a bit bigger, the other part of me is like "no need to wake up before the sun". I'm on a solo trip this time so it's just me, I Just don't want to think it's safe to start walking over after 7 and then get there to absolute insanity. I really wish they had moved the opening hours for that weekend to 7 just so I would know what to expect since that's the time frame all the data is from. *sigh*
There's still time for them to change hours, but all you need to do is be inside the park before opening. Walking over at 7am seems fine to me

Last edited:

Do you care about riding anything else at rope drop?

If not, I think walking over at 7 should be plenty of time to get you in. It’s about 10-15 mins depending on your pace once you’re on the path. To be at the front of the rope drop pack, I would think you need at least a 90-120 minute before opening arrival time.

Sorry to repeat something likely asked — is it best to not even try to get your group together on the APP until right at opening? Meaning, does doing it one minute early then bog you down because the system will not accommodate and they you have to back out and back in? Also, best to have just one person in your party try, or all go at it to see who gets “in” first?

To your second question, which I'm not sure if anyone answered yet, I would have anyone with a smart device (who you can trust!) try all on the same account. Whoever gets in first with the entire group selected will simply block anyone else's attempts and it'll all be fine. But it sure seems like the more people you have trying, the better your odds that SOMEONE will get through without any glitches or other issues.

Do you care about riding anything else at rope drop?

If not, I think walking over at 7 should be plenty of time to get you in. It’s about 10-15 mins depending on your pace once you’re on the path. To be at the front of the rope drop pack, I would think you need at least a 90-120 minute before opening arrival time.
I have a FP for every tier 1 ride there I want to ride over the course of my trip, and actually have a SDD at 10:30 that day, so I'm not concerned about RD. I am actually staying CL so was actually considering going in to the park, getting a BG, then walking back and having some breakfast in the lounge before heading back (unless I am ultra lucky and get one of the first BG). Either that or I'll grab some coffee and a light something (donut) and hit up star tours or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter